Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co. 1 Belfry 0 15th Region Semifinal
Banks from LC strikes out 10 and Sheperd comes in and strikes out the last 3 batters in the game. Face Pikeville Thursday.
Barely beat me. haha. I'll change it to a prediction thread.

Congrats LC.

Congrats to Belfry on a good season and a fine game.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Barely beat me. haha. I'll change it to a prediction thread.

Ill take it when I can get it Smile I cant wait for this matchup Thursday evening, I will be there in my Red and Black fo sho'.
Belfry was my darkhorse in the tournament, and they seemed to give LC all they could handle. Really would've loved to see this one. My kinda ballgame right there.
Game got interesting late.

First time I've had the opportunity to see Shepherd pitch and I couldn't have been more impressed.

Congers Dawgs... Great season Pirates!

I'm not familiar with the rules, will Shepherd be available to pitch for 7 innings Thursday?
This really surprises me.

Congrats Dawgs and also congrats to the Pirates!!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Belfry never could get the bats really going tonight, neither tonight or all season. Tough to see my seniors go. Pirates might be a favorite to win the region next year. Only graduate 5 guys, Only 2 of those 5 started in the field tonight.
Congrats to LC! This LC fan would also like to say Congrats to Belfry as well. They played a heck of a game tonight.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Belfry never could get the bats really going tonight, neither tonight or all season. Tough to see my seniors go. Pirates might be a favorite to win the region next year. Only graduate 5 guys, Only 2 of those 5 started in the field tonight.

Still a pretty significant gap between Pikeville and Belfry after this year. JC also, and Pretonsburg will keep getting better. Don't know how well LC will be able to reload.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Game got interesting late.

First time I've had the opportunity to see Shepherd pitch and I couldn't have been more impressed.

Congers Dawgs... Great season Pirates!

I'm not familiar with the rules, will Shepherd be available to pitch for 7 innings Thursday?
XIII) Special Tournament and Regular Season Rules
A) Pitching Limitations
1) For purposes of this rule, delivery of a minimum of one (1) pitch
constitutes having pitched in one inning.
2) A pitcher may pitch in a maximum of nine (9) innings in one
(1) day, but not more than fifteen (15) innings in any seven (7)
day period.
3) If a pitcher pitches in three (3) innings to five (5) innings, in
one (1) day, that pitcher shall have one (1) calendar day of
rest beginning with the day following the first day a pitch is
thrown.
4) If a pitcher pitches in six (6) innings, that pitcher shall have two
(2) calendar days of rest beginning with the day following the
first day a pitch is thrown.
5) If a pitcher pitches in seven (7) or more innings in one day, that
pitcher shall have three (3) calendar days of rest beginning with
the day following the first day a pitch is thrown.
6) This limitation affects regular season and postseason play.

Yes, Chandler is available for all 7 innings on Thursday. These rules are from the KHSAA rulebook.
jetpilot Wrote:Still a pretty significant gap between Pikeville and Belfry after this year. JC also, and Pretonsburg will keep getting better. Don't know how well LC will be able to reload.

Keep believing that. Whatever makes you feel better. The fact is that Belfry should be a favorite in the 15th Region next year. Pikeville loses 3B, 2B, and 1B (Cecil). Also lose the C and RF. Sure they have Hamilton back, but he can't pitch every game. From what I seen out of the other pitchers, they are average at best. Belfry will have Williams to counter a matchup with Hamilton.

Don't count out JC either. They will be OK. LC will be a little down, but from what I heard they have some real potential coming up. They have some athletes coming up that will get some action. They will be fine too.

But of course, we should go ahead and give Pikeville the title for 2012. :yawn:
PHSForever Wrote:Whoa! You think LC is going to hold Belfry scoreless? Same Belfry that has posted double-digits in runs 13 games out of 32 versus 8 out of 29 for LC? And has only been shut out once this year (by Pikeville)? I don't know about that one. I was trying to kick a little dirt with my prediction of Belfry over LC, but I did it with the thought that Belfry's offense could make some noise and get them a big upset, but I would not see them being scoreless unless Chandler throws, then maybe they would be held scoreless. MAYBE

Whoa! Looks like I was right. Maybe you should get a clue before spouting off next time. MAYBE
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:Whoa! Looks like I was right. Maybe you should get a clue before spouting off next time. MAYBE

Tate pitched a great game, but where was LC's offense. No 10 runs in this one.
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:Whoa! Looks like I was right. Maybe you should get a clue before spouting off next time. MAYBE

are you not the one who stated the LC was going to mercy Belfry? Maybe you need to get a clue as well dear sir!
long_time_pirate Wrote:are you not the one who stated the LC was going to mercy Belfry? Maybe you need to get a clue as well dear sir!
Yeah, he was the one saying they would mercy-rule Belfry. I'm not responding, he's just a kick the can down the road dude. Ignore him, maybe he'll go away. lol

Onion, just FYI, you need a lesson in manners. A keyboard and anonymity don't give you the right to be an ass. Congrats to LC AND to Belfry on what was an awesome game.
congrats to both teams, hate to see Pirates season come to an end,they do that to so many football teams,time to get ready for some football..
long_time_pirate Wrote:are you not the one who stated the LC was going to mercy Belfry? Maybe you need to get a clue as well dear sir!

What planet are you living on that you saw me say that? Here was my prediction.

Mr. Onion Head Wrote:Pikeville 6 Paintsville 1

Prestonsburg 7 Pike Central 0

Lawrence County 15 Shelby Valley 1

Belfry 7 Allen Central 2

Pikeville 10 Prestonsburg 4

Lawrence County 2 Belfry 0

Lawrence County 2 Pikeville 1 (10 Innings)

But then again you are from Belfry so I suppose your reading skills aren't exactly that great. Nice try on trying to make me look stupid though you did a great job! :thatsfunn
PHSForever Wrote:Yeah, he was the one saying they would mercy-rule Belfry. I'm not responding, he's just a kick the can down the road dude. Ignore him, maybe he'll go away. lol

Onion, just FYI, you need a lesson in manners. A keyboard and anonymity don't give you the right to be an ass. Congrats to LC AND to Belfry on what was an awesome game.

Yeah, I was not the one who said that. Feel free to find where I said that and post it here if you like. I said 2-0. The score was 1-0. Nice try though. Ass.
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:Yeah, I was not the one who said that. Feel free to find where I said that and post it here if you like. I said 2-0. The score was 1-0. Nice try though. Ass.
I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. I've been looking, and it was another poster who said that. My apologies. HOWEVER, I still believe you demonstrate no class with some of your posts.
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:Yeah, I was not the one who said that. Feel free to find where I said that and post it here if you like. I said 2-0. The score was 1-0. Nice try though. Ass.

CLASSY!!!! This is why everybody loves you. Glad to see you get out of bed today.:Thumbs:
Fantastic high school baseball game by both teams! I was truly impressed with big plays made by Belfry's defense (LOVED the diving catch by the centerfielder!!) and the way both of these teams battled all night long! Congrats to both of these teams on a trememndous season.... I fully expect both to be top-tier teams in the region next year as well!
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:What planet are you living on that you saw me say that? Here was my prediction.

But then again you are from Belfry so I suppose your reading skills aren't exactly that great. Nice try on trying to make me look stupid though you did a great job! :thatsfunn

You know, in all honesty I probably have a much higher education than you do so I'm going to ignore your ignorance and stupidity. Goodness grace MAN, go back to school and learn yourself some manners and humanity! (You were going to get an apology but your shit out of luck now):flush:
PHS95 Wrote:Fantastic high school baseball game by both teams! I was truly impressed with big plays made by Belfry's defense (LOVED the diving catch by the centerfielder!!) and the way both of these teams battled all night long! Congrats to both of these teams on a trememndous season.... I fully expect both to be top-tier teams in the region next year as well!

thanks PHS95. Us pirates that can't read nor understand plain English were proud to see that catch made the wymt highlights that night and called his parents and told them. He (as the entire team) really did play an excellent game that night. We're proud of them all too!