Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does 1 team mate make differences in how much someone improves in weightlifting
Does 1 team mate make differences in how much someone improves in weightlifting. Brandon Stephens went up 25 pounds in bp and his partner went up 20 and no one else went up thet good.

DO you think that some people motivate others to do better??
Absolutely

Especially when you're close friends, or hate each other, and are very competitive. You don't want your friend, enemy, or any other player at your position to do better yourself.
BruteForce01 Wrote:Does 1 team mate make differences in how much someone improves in weightlifting. Brandon Stephens went up 25 pounds in bp and his partner went up 20 and no one else went up thet good.

DO you think that some people motivate others to do better??
When you start lifting with barker then you can brag till then good luck....
Oh god whats ur problem i wasnt askin about him, i was talkin about 2-3 people liftin weights and one being able to motivate the others to do better
BruteForce01 Wrote:Oh god whats ur problem i wasnt askin about him, i was talkin about 2-3 people liftin weights and one being able to motivate the others to do better
oh sorry yeah i think ppl can motivate others to do better.....
Motivation comes in all forms. Every athlete needs to find their motivation and use it.
I think it helps i've been lifting with my freind at school and i went up from 185 at the begining of the school year and now im lifting 300 and so is he its great having i freind that can push you to the max
When you have a partner and you push eachother to the limit everyday, you will get stronger, if you just go in the weightroom and go thru the motions, it does you very little good.
Tomcat68 Wrote:Absolutely

Especially when you're close friends, or hate each other, and are very competitive. You don't want your friend, enemy, or any other player at your position to do better yourself.

i know this really helpled me, i was always comparing myself to my teamates and trying to be the strongest because i def. wasn't the fastest lol
Blackcat75 Wrote:i know this really helpled me, i was always comparing myself to my teamates and trying to be the strongest because i def. wasn't the fastest lol
LOL
weightlifting is what football is all about
yeah other players can help motivate some when lifting weights
I know lifting weights helps you in football becouse i have played
Yes b/c you are always tryin to outdo you partner. When i lifted i lifted with the 2nd strongest play on the team and where it leads me now is that i'm the strongest one on the team. Then i got stronger then him and now he is battleling with me to be the strongest!
Yeah one player dose have a direct affect on how much someon improves in the weight room as men in the weightroom we are very competitive we all want to be the strongest and biggest so if for example in my case whenever i was a sophomore the 2 strongest players in the weightroom were brenton hamiliton and tyler hamiliton and they were and still are 2 of my good friends but seeing them lift heavy weight as juniors made me push myself that much harder because i saw how people looked at them at would always talk about how much they could lift and stuff well to make a long story short probably about half way through the year i surpassed them both on bench squat and clean they motivated me to push myself farther than anything else could and i appreciate those guys
I Love to lift with someone stronger than me..it makes me want to catch up with them and work harder so I can pass them up

and it sucks to workout with someone weaker than you because you really dont push yourself to get stronger because you are already stronger than your partner
Matt_Knee Wrote:I Love to lift with someone stronger than me..it makes me want to catch up with them and work harder so I can pass them up

and it sucks to workout with someone weaker than you because you really dont push yourself to get stronger because you are already stronger than your partner

I agree...if u lift w/someone stronger than you, it is a huge motivator.
Yeah but it works if u are workin withs someone right with you because u are striving to get stronger than them.
I stayed the same on the bench this time when we maxed as I did the last time I don't know whats wrong i'm in there every day
I think so...I believe you should motivate your partner, and he you; pushing each other can't be a bad thing
yeah
i agree
I think 1 man can definetly make a difference. When you lift with someone you are in a constant competiton to out do the other guy and that makes you work harder at the same time the other guy is trying to out do you so he works harder and both players end up stronger
i like to workout with some one who lifts as much as me
when i lift i have jon wells spot and it gets really pissed offand it makes me lift better
and it got me really stong now i cant get 285 pretty easy as a soph