Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell Me Why Magoffin Co. Isn't Lifting Weights?
This keeps getting worse by the day.

To the kids of Magoffin--I feel for you guys. I wish that there was something that I could do to help. It is quite pathetic that everyone involved in this program is concerned with everything other than football.

That still doesn't mean that you can't be the ones to make a difference. IF you do everything that you can do--at the very least--you show them that you are interested in playing football. And that hopefully will make them stop and think for a few minutes before they decide to shut the program down.
magoffin county is lifting now but the guy who is in the wieght room with them right now told me that he might be quiting and going some were else so idk when they will be back in the wieght room.
I think that them work horses,the o-line, and the D will make sum noise and people can laugh all they want they will make faces turn and be the bigest upsset in history
Boz if u are coach fugate i have heard from kids that they would like u back
I appriciate that DADDY!
That's a great bunch of players up there and I really think there's alot of talent.
Nobody up there knows what's going on and I'm really frustrated that we can't get a true weight program going( BFS). Football players are made Jan. through August.
No matter what happens or what doesn't, I support you guys and believe in you.
I know a few of you guys are lifting up town, make it a point to be sure those guys try to get there 3 times a week(min.) Listen, Work on YOUR 3 BASIC LIFTS.
Power cleans, Squats, Bench. Make sure you go parallel and get super low on squats.
Don't over due it on weight, better to go lighter and get low on squats( below parallell).
Don't waiste your time on lifts for cut, Do football lifts. After your workouts do straight leg leg lifts, crunches, reverse crunches for core strength and if it's nice out go outside and line up and do team or o-line take offs. Remember, Getting off the ball is the most important thing. Concentrate on Power cleans, Squats, and bench.
Lighter weight, good form. IF you do 5 reps, be able to do 5 reps by yourself, If you can't get 5 reps, take a little weight off till you can. Don't over due it on too heavy of weight right now, concentrate on good form and getting low.
Be dang sure you guys are getting and giving good spots on lifts, try to at least get 2 other guys spotting the lifter, never leave a man on a lift without a spot.

COACH
I have talked to some people in Magoffin County about the football program and they say the people don't care if they have a football team or not. they need to bring in a coach and get the players that will bring the crowds back to the hornet field. How will that be done? It is up to the Administration of the school to solve this problem with the help of the community.
Dawg,
Hows coach G? I hear he looked into the Rowan job.
Great guy, I know things are a little crazy right now but Billy is a winner.
What you said about Magoffin is true, but the admin. just don't seem to care enough to do that and it's a shame cause they have some really good kids and with the right coach, support and system, they could be pretty good.
I agree
The Boz Wrote:I appriciate that DADDY!
That's a great bunch of players up there and I really think there's alot of talent.
Nobody up there knows what's going on and I'm really frustrated that we can't get a true weight program going( BFS). Football players are made Jan. through August.
No matter what happens or what doesn't, I support you guys and believe in you.
I know a few of you guys are lifting up town, make it a point to be sure those guys try to get there 3 times a week(min.) Listen, Work on YOUR 3 BASIC LIFTS.
Power cleans, Squats, Bench. Make sure you go parallel and get super low on squats.
Don't over due it on weight, better to go lighter and get low on squats( below parallell).
Don't waiste your time on lifts for cut, Do football lifts. After your workouts do straight leg leg lifts, crunches, reverse crunches for core strength and if it's nice out go outside and line up and do team or o-line take offs. Remember, Getting off the ball is the most important thing. Concentrate on Power cleans, Squats, and bench.
Lighter weight, good form. IF you do 5 reps, be able to do 5 reps by yourself, If you can't get 5 reps, take a little weight off till you can. Don't over due it on too heavy of weight right now, concentrate on good form and getting low.
Be dang sure you guys are getting and giving good spots on lifts, try to at least get 2 other guys spotting the lifter, never leave a man on a lift without a spot.

COACH

Good job there Boz. Pretty cool how you slipped in a workout there.

Pretty solid advice as well.

Hang in there guys--if you want to be good--you can be. Just show up for weights and keep plugging away. It will pay off for you later in the year.
Yep
magoffin county is a team with great patintial but nobody to lead them...no magoffin isn't lifting weight's far as i know we dont even have a coach...So in order for us to be able to lift weights as a team we hafta have a coach first which aint lookin good...good luck to the hornets
Mchs,
I offered to get a weight program going, but where I'm not a certified teacher they denied it. All they had to do was get a teacher to come down and be present for an hour 3 times a week while we lifted, but I guess that was too much to ask.
See, stuff like that really pisses me off. I offerd, months ago!
I understand about the certified teacher being present, but we could still lift if a guy would come down there and just be pesent. But they want to wait and I would say the new coach would love it that the team had been in the weight room.
Heck, they could even hire a certified teacher, His job would be the weight lifting coach. All he would have to do is show up 3 times a week, Then I could get you on BFS(bigger, faster, stronger) weight program. There is no excuse! If they wanted you in the weight room they could work that out for you guys.
BFS is a great program. Our coaches always had those magazines layed out for us, an we watched the videos and used a lot of their stuff from time to time.