Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UCONN will lose two scholarships due to low academic scores
Per Sports Xpress Facebook
Yea but according to Len Elmore of ESPN it was "unique" for Kanter to be doing homework because he was from UK. UK's APR score was above natioal average and 9 out 12 players had over 3.0. If Len would have done some homework he may not have sounded like a jackass.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
It burns me when people act like UK's basketball players are terrible in the classroom. It just shows that they don't have a clue what the hell they're talking about.
No shit. It makes me mad as well. People take their shots at UK and act like we are plum awful and then go celebrate someone like Jim Calhoun, who was caught cheating and then lost scholly because his players didn't do their school work, prolly because they was all getting high with Coombs-McDaniel.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
Couldn't agree more with everyone. It is frustrating to have to listen to the bias from all the talking heads on ESPN, CBS, etc. However, I would rather be talked about all the time even if some of the false statement are an attempt to degrade UK. Love me or hate me I'm still on your mind.
“UConn has already been docked one of its 13 scholarships because of NCAA recruiting violations. The loss of scholarships due to the APR report will leave the school with 10 for the next academic year.”

“A low rating is costly to Calhoun personally. His contract calls for him to donate $100,000 to a UConn scholarship fund if the program doesn’t meet the APR. He also will forfeit his postseason bonus of $87,500, earned during UConn’s run to the national title”

Calhoun says he's 55/45 on Retiring right now

And on the heels of the APR news, Calhoun seems to be questioning a return to Storrs at all next season. Calhoun told Brett McMurphy of CBSsports.com that, “Right now I can honestly tell you I’m 55/45” on returning. “I’m kind of on a honeymoon right now with this bride [after winning the national championship].” There’s an Evan Daniels joke in there somewhere.
Its funny how all the coach cal haters owned the thread over bledoes and kentucky players gpa. Saying that it was awful and we should be penalized. But there no where to be found now