Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who has the best linebackers in the mountains?
what is everyones opinion?
Don;t now any when the season starts we will see.....
pikeville next year will have both honakers on the out sides and j-money mayo in the middle thats a ruff bunch if u ask me.
Johnson Central has Micheal Tackett and Blake Johnson...Those two are two of the hardest hitters and hardest workers in the state. It will be fun to watch them this coming season...
I think Jenkins should have a pretty good linebacking crew. Well, I will say alot better than years past. The players have been WORKING VERY HARD in the weight room! Not the best in the mountains but a very solid group!
Johnson Central will have a very good linebacking crew next year with Tackett and Blake coming back for their senior campaign. Ashland has Davis returning next year if that counts as a mountain linebacker
Johnson Central has Micheal Tackett and Blake Johnson.. they will knock your head off
Pikeville will have a very good LB corps.
OLB-Tim Honaker
MLB-John Michael Mayo
OLB-Ted Honaker

Coach J told me that Mayo is one of the best pure hitters he has ever coached and he will be the leader of the defense and offense...I expect big things from all 3 of these kids next season.
Tackett and Johnson will be a tough pair to run on next year
austin j and derek tripplett is the best
mike takett and blake johnson also they have a new kid from lawrence co.. i think his name is nathan somthin??
Jiggsaw Wrote:mike takett and blake johnson also they have a new kid from lawrence co.. i think his name is nathan somthin??

Nathanial Dials I think it is. I think he will be playing some end. If he doesn't, he will have some HUGE shoes to fill in Sean Music's spot at Rover/Strong Safety.
JCRunningMachine#17 Wrote:Nathanial Dials I think it is. I think he will be playing some end. If he doesn't, he will have some HUGE shoes to fill in Sean Music's spot at Rover/Strong Safety.

Is this the only position he has played?
PHSFAN Wrote:Pikeville will have a very good LB corps.
OLB-Tim Honaker
MLB-John Michael Mayo
OLB-Ted Honaker

Coach J told me that Mayo is one of the best pure hitters he has ever coached and he will be the leader of the defense and offense...I expect big things from all 3 of these kids next season.
Mayo is a great linebacker but hes also the starting QB with a history of concussions and if im not mistaken his backup QB is either a freshman or sophomore so I see him in limited action on D. The Honakers are gonna be great this year IMO.
PantherPride68 Wrote:Mayo is a great linebacker but hes also the starting QB with a history of concussions and if im not mistaken his backup QB is either a freshman or sophomore so I see him in limited action on D. The Honakers are gonna be great this year IMO.
I wouldn't call getting a concussion in game 12 of the season a history of concussions. He will be fine. They would probably rather rest him on offense than on defense.
CliffClavin Wrote:I wouldn't call getting a concussion in game 12 of the season a history of concussions. He will be fine. They would probably rather rest him on offense than on defense.

After watching him play defense in a few games last year (and watching him at QB in the game he got the job -- Paintsville), despite having a good enough game to win that game, I saw him as MUCH more valuable on defense.

Also, I've heard from some people over there that knonw the coahces that there are some other kids that COULD do the job at QB next year, but NONE that could do what he can on defense.
PantherPride68 Wrote:Mayo is a great linebacker but hes also the starting QB with a history of concussions and if im not mistaken his backup QB is either a freshman or sophomore so I see him in limited action on D. The Honakers are gonna be great this year IMO.

Coach J told me that Mayo would be the starting MLB and that he expects big things from him. Mayo is a coaches son and he knows the game. I know Coach J expects him to be the leader of the offense and defense this year. With Mayo in the middle and the Honaker twins at the OLB positions Pikeville should have one of the best LB corps in Class A and the mountains.
i think that hazards linebackers this past season were really good.
I do not know but we will see when football starts next year
Sheldon Clark had 2 of the best linebackers i have seen idk there name but there #'s was #22 and #78 they was good
Jordan Howard and Curtis Bradley of Magoffin county.
Either one of you guys are as good as anybodys.
Remember, Always get that first step down hill !
Snap of the ball, Your getting down hill. Don't get caught with your feet in concrete.
You guys can be outstanding but GET DOWN HILL, Ball goes away, SCRAPE TO THE BALL. If I'm not around remember to get down hill on the snap, guard comes to you on iso, BLOW HIM UP WITH YOUR INSIDE ARM NOW! Don't get caught waiting for him to get on you.
coach
J M Mayo will be very tough. Weighs 215 right now and getting bigger by the week.

:wieghts::wieghts:
:wieghts: