Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 7 Lawrence County 3
Final from Louisa. Boyd pitcher for Russell pitched a really good game but the Bulldogs after the first inning couldn't string together hits consecutively. Shepherd went yard for LC and the Dawgs had 11 hits but only scored three runs. Julius Musick pitched for LC and took the loss and Michael Parker also pitched for LC. Shepherd will throw tomorrow vs George Rogers Clark at Boyd County. Congrats to Russell on the win..
Thought Lawrence hit the ball pretty well today against a kid throwing very good. I think the bulldogs only struck out 4 times. Lawrence's pitcher had control problems and got behind in a lot of counts. When he did get ahead Russell did a very good job of 2 strike hitting. Both teams missed opportunities and each could have scored more. Other than a couple of errors by Lawrence early both defenses played well also. Russell is not a bad club, especially when the Boyd kid is on the hill. Want to reemphasize that this is the best that I have seen LC hit the ball from top to bottom just couldn't bunch them together and Russell made big plays when they needed to. Overall very good ballgame to watch.
Congrats to Russell
Everyone is almost assured 1-2 of these per season. They will bounce back.
Is this a upset? I don't know anything about Russell.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
^ Yes it's an upset. But, I think Russell is playing the best ball in the 16th right now.
johnson central beat russell earlier this season
BASEBALL SLUGGER Wrote:johnson central beat russell earlier this season
May have caught them before they hit their stride. As noted above, the poster said they believe Russell is playing the best "right now" in that region. Tourney time comes, you can throw the regular season out the window, anything can happen. That's why they play the games out. :-)
LClion4life Wrote:^ Yes it's an upset. But, I think Russell is playing the best ball in the 16th right now.

I figured it was.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL