Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derrick Locke Goes Undrafted
It turned out that when Randall Cobb was grabbed by Green Bay with the 64th overall pick, Kentucky fans had little reason to watch the remaining 57,606 hours of Mel Kiper, Trent Dilfer and Trey Wingo. Former Kentucky running back Derrick Locke watched 254 players - 29 of them running backs - without hearing his name called. In most years, going undrafted can actually end up beneficial for a player who could go in the sixth or seventh round, but with players being LOCKEd out, he now hands in limbo and waits for it to end, when teams will be able to sign free agents. The fact that he was overlooked was surprising, considering the rumbles leading up to the draft that he had risen on team’s boards as both a kick returner and sometimes back. Now, he’ll get a chance to work his way up and surprise people the same way he did at UK.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=79944
Locke isnt near durable enough to sustain a pro career. He wasnt durable enough in college, and he's not worth the risk for a team to take on him, given his history of injuries.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If he could have been healthy, he would have been a solid 2nd or 3rd round pick. Without health, especially at the most beat up skill-position, it is hard to get paid.
Idk about 2nd or 3rd round. I'd say 4th or 5th.
LClion4life Wrote:Idk about 2nd or 3rd round. I'd say 4th or 5th.

A fully healthy, NEVER injured Derrick Locke couldn't have been a 2nd or 3rd round pick? Really?
Nope. He's fast. That's about it. I love Derrick Locke but I don't think even without the injuries he would have been one of the 64 or 96 best in this draft,
To me, this is no surprise. His injuries really scared off NFL teams.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
INjuries kid.
Really hope to see Locke get a shot in the NFL.
he got drafted last night by the UFL. Omaha Nighthawks or something like that
^ possibly allows him to find a way into the NFL
According to his Twitter account he wasn't to impressed being drafted by the UFL
Too small, fragile, and one dimensional to be in the NFL
Derrick Locke went 9th round 43rd pick.... That's not good, only 10 rounds and 52 picks...
Bottom line...
If the majority of LBs in the NFL get a good lick on Locke he's out for a few weeks.

He's too small.
I don't mean he's too short....
I mean he's too small.
He simply doesn't have an NFL body IMO
zaga_fan Wrote:Bottom line...
If the majority of LBs in the NFL get a good lick on Locke he's out for a few weeks.

He's too small.
I don't mean he's too short....
I mean he's too small.
He simply doesn't have an NFL body IMO

Yeah, way too small for the NFL....

Maybe he should try to make it in Track....
ekff Wrote:Yeah, way too small for the NFL....

Maybe he should try to make it in Track....

he could play indoor footbal like david jones..
Was hoping to see Locke get drafted, but it's understandable, especially given his injury situation. Would love to see him get a shot in the NFL.
kinda suprised I thought he would a great 3rd down back and special teams player.
rallo316 Wrote:kinda suprised I thought he would a great 3rd down back and special teams player.
I could see him as that but why draft that player? You could wait till after draft and pick him up as a free agent for less $$$. I see that happening for Locke. But no teams can do that till lockout is lifted.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis