Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bryce Harper Updates
Figured I would start a thread to keep tabs on the Phenom. Thought it would be fun to track his progress up through the system. So here we go:

In his Minor League debut Harper went 2-4 with and RBI and a Stolen Base, also got caught once.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6306437
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I just picked him up on yahoo fantasy baseball either today or yesterday as a Free Agent
He's a keeper. I think we will see him sooner than what some think.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Harper, the Washington Nationals’ and baseball’s top pick in the 2010 draft, has gone hitless in his last nine at-bats as his average dropped to .182. But even though his production has been off, Hagerstown has swept the first three games of the series.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Just for you guys that are interested. Bryce will be in Lexington starting this Wednesday through Saturday for a four game series. Gonna try and go check him out!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Harper has another RBI single in the 9th to help Hagerstown bring 9 men to the plate and erase a 3 run deficit and defeat the Rome Braves to stay undefeated on the season.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services...id=4182034
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
I am sorry. I was wrong earlier. Harper is in Lexington now. Tonights game was postponed and will be part of a double header on the 12th starting at 5:05 pm. They will play two 7 inning games. Gonna try and go see them on Wednesday evening. Give me a shout PT if you may be interested.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Harper goes 0-4 with 3 Ks, tonight in Lexington. Hagerstown still gets the win over the Legends 5-1.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
^ You going to go check him out?
Im heading out tomorrow to check him out
Harper gets his first HR while in Lexington!

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/0...-single-a/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
I was at the Ball park Thursday night to watch the kid play ball. he went 1-3 and was walked once. Harper has a cannon for an arm and has great speed. This kid has some crazy potential and he is going to be something else.
Bryce is currently on a 11 game hit streak and is leading Hagerstown in pretty much every offensive cat. in the books. Avg. is up to .371 now with 7 HRs!

And they aren't moving him up at all?????

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/...pid=547180
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
This kid is going to be special.
South Atlantic League Stats:

Bryce Harper:
Avg. - Tied for 3rd - .366
HRs - Tied for 3rd - 9
RBIs - Tied for 3rd - 31
OBP - Tied for 3rd - .447
SLG - ...........3rd - .656
OPS - ..........2nd - 1.103

Not bad for an 18yr old kid!
Can't figure out why they won't at least move him to 2A?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
He will be soon. I'm going to try to buy a Hagerstown Suns hat and then whoever he plays for in AA. I'd also like a CSN hat, I'm a HUGE Harper fan. Followed him since we were 15 (we're the same age haha)

Didn't see it noted, after his slow start he visited an optometrist and found out he has TERRIBLE vision. Since he got contact lenses he's hitting over .400 with all of his home runs.
^ Wow, great update on the vision issue
Isn't his Hagerstown team a low A team? Do you all think he will bypass high A and jump straight to AA ?
^ Why not?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
No reason , just curious if you thought he would leapfrog over the next step?
I know they have been showing the kiss that Bryce blew at the pitcher the other night after hitting a HR. Everyone was saying how bad it looked.

BUT, if you will watch the clips again. You will notice that Bryce takes a double take after he rounds third. This is when he realizes that the pitcher is still staring a hole through him. The pitcher stared at him the entire time he was rounding the bases and Bryce was also hit the at bat before. Why hasn't anyone mentioned all this also? He stared Bryce all the way to the dugout. So you gave up a bomb to a phenom...forget it. Most people would have crossed home and then turned and asked him what the F**K he was looking at. Bryce just quietly...blew him a kiss.

BIG DEAL!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Currently Bryce is ice cold, however the other 18 year old phenom Machado (Baltimore, 3rd pick) got called to high A last week.

From what I understand Harper will pull a double shift at Hagerstown then be promoted over High A straight to AA. Reason being, Potomac has poor field conditions specifically in right field where Harper plays and there's a fear that it could injure him.
Just got a text from ESPN saying that the Nationals have promoted Harper to AA Harrisburg.
^Moving on up!
Took long enough!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis