Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro 28 OBI 2 (2 innings)
First round of 13th Region All "A". Middlesboro played every kid on their roster.
OBI was just what the doctor ordered after Middlesboro got demolished in FL by a 29-1 combined score.
jetpilot Wrote:OBI was just what the doctor ordered after Middlesboro got demolished in FL by a 29-1 combined score.
If Pikeville gets to the All A sectional. Middlesboro is a likely opponent. They are solid, but dang 29-1?
Panther Thunder Wrote:If Pikeville gets to the All A sectional. Middlesboro is a likely opponent. They are solid, but dang 29-1?

Would LOVE a Pikeville/M'boro sectional if both teams advance that far.
obviously youve not been to florida to see the level of competition. those kids down there can flat out play and they play year round. any team middlesboro plays and beats would go to florida and get the same results.
bigshrimp Wrote:obviously youve not been to florida to see the level of competition. those kids down there can flat out play and they play year round. any team middlesboro plays and beats would go to florida and get the same results.

While not all schools in Florida are necessarily better than Kentucky teams, at this time of the year, that is usually the case. While Florida schools are finishing up their season, Middlesboro had just started their second week.

I would love to see Middlesboro play Pikeville. There for a while they met often in the sectional tournament with Middlesboro winning everytime that I can remember.

As far as the All "A" goes, Middlesboro made the Elite 8 last year and the Final Four the year before. I'm sure they are confident and up for the challenge. They host Williamsburg today for the 13th Region All "A" semifinal.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:While not all schools in Florida are necessarily better than Kentucky teams, at this time of the year, that is usually the case. While Florida schools are finishing up their season, Middlesboro had just started their second week.

I would love to see Middlesboro play Pikeville. There for a while they met often in the sectional tournament with Middlesboro winning everytime that I can remember.

As far as the All "A" goes, Middlesboro made the Elite 8 last year and the Final Four the year before. I'm sure they are confident and up for the challenge. They host Williamsburg today for the 13th Region All "A" semifinal.
You'd be correct. Pikeville had never advanced passed a sectional during that format. Should be a good game should these two meet up.
No other team you play is nearly as bad as OBI either. Why would you even post this score?
The sectionals are matched different this year but I would like to see Hazard and Middlesboro play each other this year. Hazard gave them the sectional last year and I am sure they would love the chance at redemption.