Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joker not pleased
"Today wasn't very good, in my opinion," Coach Joker Phillips said afterward. "We weren't real efficient in the passing game, which is what we have to get better. That's one of our goals coming into the spring and we were not very good in the throwing game. You can't line up and run the football every down. You have to be able to throw and catch and be more efficient in that area.

"The same thing on defense. We have to be able to stop the run and at times I don't think we played the run as well as we can. Those are two areas that we have to get better, stopping the run and also being more efficient in the passing game and I don't think we did very good with that today.
Not being able to throw the ball nor stop the run is a bad sign for the Cats....
at least hes being honest
It's still a little early.
Stopping the run was a problem last year. This could be a long season, but i'm gonna keep the faith.
Give the man credit for coming out and saying the truth about his bunch.
only way to tell is the truth weather it hurts or not.
Very early, we have plenty of time to find ways to stop it. (Hopefully)
Benchwarmer Wrote:It's still a little early.

This.
Maybe Joker should have given Newton some more snaps last season. Newton would have been better off red shirting, considering the amount of playing time he got before the bowl game.