Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kevin Saunders--New Football Coach at Shelby Valley
Coach Saunders officially took over the job on Friday. A meeting was held where he addressed the players for the first time. There will be a press conference held Monday to announce Coach Saunders as the new head man at the Valley. Saunders runs a Wing-T Offense and after working with Virginia Tech for a year, subsequently, he runs the same attacking, confusing defense that the Hokies run, look for Shelby Valley to make some noise this year as Saunders looks to move the program in the right direction.

What are your thoughts about Saunders as the head man over the football program at Shelby Valley? Do you think he will be a good fit???
Does Coach Saunders have any high school coaching experience? If so, where is he from?

It sounds like he has a good background (the VaTech link). I would be real interested to hear about the rest of his coaching career.
yeah he should do good........
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Does Coach Saunders have any high school coaching experience? If so, where is he from?

It sounds like he has a good background (the VaTech link). I would be real interested to hear about the rest of his coaching career.

You can visit http://www.coacht.com and find out more about Coach Saunders...he coached at a school outside of Chattanooga..his previous two records were 4-6 and 5-5..
He this coach sounds really great with his back ground of football! He was the coach of the year at tennesse in 1995. Coached a little at V.Tech.:Guitar01: Rock on WILDCATS!!!!!!!!
Good luck SV!
Good luck to Valley and the new coach. :thumb:
well im glad they finally got a new coach
Glad the turmoil at Valley has been settled (ahem) and the new coach has been announced. Good luck to Valley. Hope Coach Saunders can bring fire and respect to the program.
Does anybody know if Hampton will stay on with Valley or go to another school???
I think keeping Hampton on would be a smart idea, He always gets the most out of his players and he is probably one of the best strength coaches in this area...
I attended the press conference at the school today.. Saunders seems to be a very nice man and is determined to turn the Sv football program around. Weightlifting started today i do believe!
Is this the same Saunders that coached at JJ Kelly maybe???
wildman_06 Wrote:Is this the same Saunders that coached at JJ Kelly maybe???

Same one...do you have any info on his situation there? Looks like he had a few good years there, then things slipped a bit, ending in some kind of controversy??? Then goes and has two not-so-stellar years at a school in Tennessee.
All I can say is good luck to the guy. Im sure hes a good coach,but that area is notorious for not taking well to outsiders.
PantherPride68 Wrote:All I can say is good luck to the guy. Im sure hes a good coach,but that area is notorious for not taking well to outsiders.

Or anyone when it comes to football! I do hope he is the guy to get this turned around and find the support that has been missing.

:Hammer3:
Good Luck to the new coach.
Rough District, but good luck.
HeartOFaChampion Wrote:He this coach sounds really great with his back ground of football! He was the coach of the year at tennesse in 1995. Coached a little at V.Tech.:Guitar01: Rock on WILDCATS!!!!!!!!

When did he coach at Va Tech?no record I can find of him being there....
Who"s gonna be his assistants there next year?
I do believe he"ll be a good fit for Valley though....
the_phenom3 Wrote:I attended the press conference at the school today.. Saunders seems to be a very nice man and is determined to turn the Sv football program around. Weightlifting started today i do believe!
If weight lifting just started today hes already in trouble!
football dad Wrote:When did he coach at Va Tech?no record I can find of him being there....
Who"s gonna be his assistants there next year?
I do believe he"ll be a good fit for Valley though....
From what I understand, he was a graduate assistant at Va Tech for 1 year.
PantherPride68 Wrote:If weight lifting just started today hes already in trouble!

Weightlifting after school started Monday for all players...Valley has a weightlifting class that anyone can take..so it's not like these kids have been sitting around not doing anything..they've been busting their butts during class..The way it works is you have certain lifts you have to get done on (x) day and whatever lifts that you don't get finished in class is what you come in and finish up after school..
He was gonna be an assistant at JCHS when Matney came in but I don't know why he left for.
Until the community realizes that all sports (not just basketball) need to be supported, it won't matter if you bring in Bill Cower to coach. The skill athletes needed to compete on a regular basis will be steered toward the roundball instead of the oblong one.
Sounds like this guy will be a good coach..Hopefully A. Hampton will still help with the team as far as strength and conditioning because he does know his stuff with that and could really help the team out...
Coach Hampton is a very good strength coach...probably the best in the region, but he is also a great guy and gets the most out of his players...if there is such thing as a motivation coach this guy would be the perfect example, i think he should stay on staff and learn from coach Saunders and one day take over at the valley