Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 2011
what do the Colonels need to do to improve from last year's 6-6 team, which made the playoffs?

Aug 26, 11Russell Countyaway7:00 PM
Sep 2, 11Rockcastle Countyaway7:30 PMRenfro Valley Jamboree Bowl
Sep 9, 11Bell Countyhome7:30 PM
Sep 16, 11Clay Countyhome7:30 PM
Sep 23, 11Lynn Campaway8:00 PM
Sep 30, 11Somersethome7:30 PM
Oct 7, 11Perry County Centralaway7:30 PM
Oct 14, 11Harlan Countyhome7:30 PM
Oct 21, 11Letcher County Centralhome7:30 PM
Oct 28, 11Boyle Countyaway7:30 PM

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...fb11/35225
They'll make the playoffs again as its a 4 team district but i see a 5-5 year.
They lost their entire backfield, but hopefully the tough non district schedule will get them ready for the playoffs.
Number 35 will help in the backfield,he got a lot of playing time last year.I think OL,QB and defense will be the hardest things to get going in the right direction.Whitley plays another very tuff non district schedule which will help them get better for the playoffs.I am very excited to see which young guys step up and help the team.That being said is it August yet?LOL!
I see a 6 and 4 season.
How is spring practice going?
Its going rather well.
full pads all the time and a lot of hitting going on.
Definitely young but i was impressed with the size for a young bunch.
Its still untelling who will move into what positions before the season starts right now.
How are things going ?
I talked to one of the coaches and he said the boys are getting stronger and faster, anyone else got any news?I know they had a lift a thon scheduled,I would like to know how that went for the kids.
What type of team is Whitley County? I've never had an opportunity to see them play.
BoyleCounty Wrote:What type of team is Whitley County? I've never had an opportunity to see them play.

You can expect to see Whitley run the ball 90-95% of the time. The last few years they have been a true option team with a lot of jet sweeps and fullback dives, however, this year i dont expect to see them run the real option with the quarterback running out as much as he has in the past, but you can still expect a ton of full back dives and sweeps.
It will truly be a rebuilding year and im sure everyone associated with the team knows that, so any progress and wins will be good to see this year.
Im looking forward to making the trip to Boyle this year. Ive never been to a game there but have heard its a great atmosphere. Im also happy to see the continuing og tough schedules and i know the boys are looking forward to the challenge.
In all honesty i havent been around the team as much as i have in years past, but i do know most teams who play our offense rarely knows how to stop it off the bat and relies heavily on halftime adjustments to win the game. Coach Black does a great job trying to manipulate fake and advance the ball 3 or 4 yards at a time and waiting for the big play to open up.
While i dont expect that to happen much with the likes of boyle, it would be nice to see how much this young team progressess from week 1 until they face boyle in week 10.
Not only does Whitley scheduling still rank at the top in all of the mountains, they will scrimmage Johnson Central Aug 12th and head to Dunbar Aug 19
When I first seen Whitley's schedule I was concerned that their open
Date was the first game of the season. Now, I heard Boston Bryant
got hurt in the JC scrimmage so the open date may be a good thing.
colonel4life Wrote:When I first seen Whitley's schedule I was concerned that their open
Date was the first game of the season. Now, I heard Boston Bryant
got hurt in the JC scrimmage so the open date may be a good thing.

Any word on Bryants injury?
Definitely one of the top players for the colonels this year. Kid will be a stud on defense.