• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8th Region Draw
Wednesday
Henry Co vs Collins 6:30
Oldham Co vs Simon Kenton 8:00

Thurday
Gallatin Co vs Spencer Co 6:30
North Oldham vs Walton Verona 8:00

8 evenly matched teams. Should be a great tourney.
I say Oldham over North in the finals.
Henry Co
Simon Kenton

Gallatin Co
North Oldham

Simon Kenton
North Oldham

Simon Kenton
For some reason, Simon Kenton does not play well in the Henry Co Gym.
Oldham vs SK should be a great 1st round game.
This region is wide open. I look for Henry County to come out of the top bracket and Gallatin County (if they can get past Spencer in the first round)out of the bottom for a rematch of the district championship. Its being played at Henry County for like the 50 consecutive year so give the Wildcats a slight edge. Either way, a one and done in the sweet 16 for whomever comes out of this weak region. :zzz:
My predictions:

Collins over Henry County
Oldham County over Simon Kenton
Spencer County over Gallatin County
North Oldham over Walton-Verona

Oldham County over Collins
Spencer County over North Oldham

Spencer County over Oldham County
blue1424 Wrote:My predictions:

Collins over Henry County
Oldham County over Simon Kenton
Spencer County over Gallatin County
North Oldham over Walton-Verona

Oldham County over Collins
Spencer County over North Oldham

Spencer County over Oldham County

That would be interesting. I just hope Spencer Co brings some fans, because in the past they have had the worst crowds in New Caslte.

This is the 49th year of the 8th Region being in Henry Co
SuperB70 Wrote:This region is wide open. I look for Henry County to come out of the top bracket and Gallatin County (if they can get past Spencer in the first round)out of the bottom for a rematch of the district championship. Its being played at Henry County for like the 50 consecutive year so give the Wildcats a slight edge. Either way, a one and done in the sweet 16 for whomever comes out of this weak region. :zzz:

You're right, whoever comes out of the region will lose in the first round. The 8th region always gets a terrible draw. I would be shocked if it was a Henry/Gallatin final with Henry County winning the region. In my opinion, neither of those teams will get past the first round. But, it is tournament time and anything can happen.
I'm taking Oldham to win this region.
Old Henry Man Wrote:That would be interesting. I just hope Spencer Co brings some fans, because in the past they have had the worst crowds in New Caslte.

This is the 49th year of the 8th Region being in Henry Co

Spencer County had a huge, very loud crowd in the district championship. The gym was at capacity and they had to shut the doors. Spencer County is very excited about this team. They have never won a game at the regional tournament and just won their first district championship since 1984. I hope they have a large crowd, because this is probably their best shot ever to win the region. It should be a very exciting regional tournament.
Good to hear that, the fun starts tonight