Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region Tournament
With district over, when will the draw be held? I thought it would have been tomorrow, but with the Clay/North Laurel game not until tomorrow night, it will probably happen sunday.

With that said, so far three of the district have been decided and Im pretty sure Clay will handle North. So if that happens it will look like this.
District winners..
Corbin
Knox Central
Bell Co.
Clay

District Losers..
Whitley Co.
Brabourville
Harlan Co.
North Laurel

I would hate to be a district champion and have to face Whitley or Harlan in the first round because this seems to be the tightest the 13th has ever been.

Thoughts?
Agreed. Clay should handle North Laurel, and whoever plays Harlan Couny or Whitley County first round better show up to play. This year's 13th Region Tournament should be a dandy!
Bell Co has been playing the best ball of the season. Beating Barbourville, Perry Co Central, Jackson Co, Harlan, and Harlan Co all straight.
This years 13th Region Tournament will be the best years ever because there is several teams that can win it on any given night like: Bell County, Clay County, Cobin, Knox Central
wildcats fan Wrote:This years 13th Region Tournament will be the best years ever because there is several teams that can win it on any given night like: Bell County, Clay County, Cobin, Knox Central

Thats true. Its WIDE OPEN!!!
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Thats true. Its WIDE OPEN!!!

Clay County just defeated North Laurel 67-51. Clay County goes into the region again as a winner.
Congrats to the Clay County Tigers and
Codi Roberts
Adam Gay
Zach McGeorge
Matt Mitchell
John Vernon Hooker
All these Tigers made the 49th District All Tournament Team::1:
now we know for sure whos in at what positions.
I think the draw is tomorrow or monday.

Im going to make a prediction even without the region being drawn year.

First Round
Corbin vs. Harlan Co.
Clay Co. vs. Barbourville

Bell Co. vs. North Laurel
Knox Central vs. Whitley Co.
Of course the draw could go any amount of ways but i just have a feeling its gonna turn out like this.

If that does happen then ill pick
Second Round Winners
Harlan Co. vs. Clay Co.
Bell Co. vs. Whitley Co.

Finals
Bell Co. vs. Clay Co.

Winner
Bell Co.

just havin some fun, anybody else wanna give it a shot? Remember that region hasnt even been drawn yet so youd have to guess the draw as well.
Bolt Wrote:now we know for sure whos in at what positions.
I think the draw is tomorrow or monday.

Im going to make a prediction even without the region being drawn year.

First Round
Corbin vs. Harlan Co.
Clay Co. vs. Barbourville

Bell Co. vs. North Laurel
Knox Central vs. Whitley Co.
Of course the draw could go any amount of ways but i just have a feeling its gonna turn out like this.

If that does happen then ill pick
Second Round Winners
Harlan Co. vs. Clay Co.
Bell Co. vs. Whitley Co.

Finals
Bell Co. vs. Clay Co.

Winner
Bell Co.

just havin some fun, anybody else wanna give it a shot? Remember that region hasnt even been drawn yet so youd have to guess the draw as well.
I think that draw will happen, but I think Knox will beat Whitley Co. I'm not sure Bell could beat North, Knox, and Clay all in the same week. That's a tough week. If that draw does happen Clay's path wouldn't be all too difficult to get to the final, but anything happens when you get to Saturday and Monday of the regional tournament.
Hit and Run Wrote:I think that draw will happen, but I think Knox will beat Whitley Co. I'm not sure Bell could beat North, Knox, and Clay all in the same week. That's a tough week. If that draw does happen Clay's path wouldn't be all too difficult to get to the final, but anything happens when you get to Saturday and Monday of the regional tournament.

I know Knox just beat Bville, but Bell Co beat Barbourville and Perry Co Central back to back nights a couple of weeks ago.
13th Region Tournament

Wed. March 2nd

Bell County v Whitley County 6:30 pm

Knox Central v North Laurel 8:00 pm

Thursday March 3rd

Corbin v Barbourville 6:30 pm

Clay County v Harlan County 8:00 pm

Saturday March 5th

Semi Finals 3:00 pm

Semi Finals 4:30 pm

Monday March 7th

Championship Game 7:00 pm

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/l...8Pv%2Bg%3D
Hit and Run Wrote:I think that draw will happen, but I think Knox will beat Whitley Co. I'm not sure Bell could beat North, Knox, and Clay all in the same week. That's a tough week. If that draw does happen Clay's path wouldn't be all too difficult to get to the final, but anything happens when you get to Saturday and Monday of the regional tournament.

Whitley has beaten Knox.
IMO the winner of the Bell/Whitley game will move on the region championship and will play Clay co.
All of these first round games could be interesting.

Game 1 -Bell Co. vs Whitley- With this game being the first game it should be very physical. I have to go with Bell Co. because they are on a roll the past few weeks.
Game 2- Knox Central vs North L.- Both teams play good half court man "D". I believe Knox Central has the edge at the guard spots.
Game 3- Corbin vs Barbourville- Corbin will have to make some outside shots against Barbourville's 2-3 zone. If they do not this could be closer than people believe. I still believe Corbin has to much depth and will take control in the 4th.
Game 4- Clay Co. vs Harlan Co.- The pressure is on Clay Co. with them being rated number 1 for most of the year. Harlan Co.'s young team will play very hard, but will it be enough to pull of the upset. Clay Co. plays a bunch of seniors and that should be the difference.
Bolt Wrote:Whitley has beaten Knox.
Yeah, only by 2pts (at Whitley) in overtime.
Bolt Wrote:IMO the winner of the Bell/Whitley game will move on the region championship and will play Clay co.
Don't count your chickens before they hatch.:dontthink We beat Bell at Bell by 10 pts. Whitley will play us on a netural court if they can get by Bell and we beat North. Watch out the panthers are on the prowl.
Quote:Whitley has beaten Knox.

At Whitley, in OT, with several questionable calls at the end of regulation and OT. :please:

I will take Knox at the arena over Whitley.
Prototype Wrote:Don't count your chickens before they hatch.:dontthink We beat Bell at Bell by 10 pts. Whitley will play us on a netural court if they can get by Bell and we beat North. Watch out the panthers are on the prowl.

True. 2 of the 3 refs were BIG MIDDLESBORO peeps. They will call everything against Bell everytime they ref a Bell game. :Thumbs:

Millett and Edwards
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:True. 2 of the 3 refs were BIG MIDDLESBORO peeps. They will call everything against Bell everytime they ref a Bell game. :Thumbs:

Millett and Edwards

Man, what is UP with the officials this year? I haven't said anything because I didn't want to offend anyone or start a war, but the ones I've seen officiate this year are ridiculous. I really hate it when someone blames the refs for losing, but honestly I've seen several games this year that I didn't care who won or lost. Still.....saw tons of lousy calls, and some down right dangerous.

I'd love to know what it would take to get some decent officials in the 13th.....JMHO.
Hitters_Count Wrote:At Whitley, in OT, with several questionable calls at the end of regulation and OT. :please:

I will take Knox at the arena over Whitley.

Well that means knox beating north in the first round as well as whitley upsetting bell, both of which i honestly dont think will happen.
whitley dosn't have enough coaching to upset anyone.
The only for sure win i even see in the first round is Corbin over bville.
The rest are toss ups imo.
Clay is the best in the region but Harlan co. could easily knock them off.
Bolt Wrote:The only for sure win i even see in the first round is Corbin over bville.
The rest are toss ups imo.
Clay is the best in the region but Harlan co. could easily knock them off.
Easy Bolt! Their are no sure wins in the region. Barbourville could easily pick Corbin off if they are hitting the three. Everyone on their squad can shoot the three. Josh Heildebrand is hard to stop. If he is on, the points will ring up quick. Also Travis Beck he can hurt you driving to the lane or hit the big three. If Barbourville is hitting it could be a long night for the Hounds. If any team has an off night they will be put out of the tournament.
^
True but i just dont see it happening. Ive seen both teams play this year and Corbin is much better. However, the games ive seen Corbin play were probably their best three games played all year. They surprise me by not showing up and getting handled by some of the teams they have.
I would like to see a new region champ this year so ill be rooting for bville but in dont see it happening. In the second round whether it be harlan or clay i see corbin as the underdog against either.
i think clay and bell are ahead of everybody right now with whitley not far behind. but everybody else is right there to. the region this year is really up for grabs and will come down to who wants it the most
insideinfo Wrote:whitley dosn't have enough coaching to upset anyone.

:Thumbs:
no comment, coming from bell co this game kinda scares me.. once again we get the toughest draw in the tourney.. (last yr COrbin Region Champs)