Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Celtics Trade Kendrick Perkins To Thunder
The Celtics are trading Kendrick Perkins to the Thunder for forward Jeff Green and center Nenad Krstic.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Av...tics022411
this deal is still pending
Reported Trade

Celtics Would Get:

Jeff Green

Nenad Kristic

Thunder Would Get:

Kendrick Perkins

Nate Robinson
The Thunder will benefit greatly from Perkins.
Maybe make a run for the title.
I think the Celtics only lose in this one.
Are Green's and Kristic's contracts expiring?
zaga_fan Wrote:The Thunder will benefit greatly from Perkins.
Maybe make a run for the title.
I think the Celtics only lose in this one.
Are Green's and Kristic's contracts expiring?

This is what I was wondering.
I'm not for sure why they would trade off their best interior defender. Although green can run in fast breaks much better. No use to have nate with West getting healthy and being you backup point guard. Kinda weird trade though.
Celtics are taking a big risk here. Shaq is already injured and it's untelling how long it will be until KG is. I believe Greens contract does expire this year. He refused to sign an extension with the Thunder, so they decided to use his value in a trade.
Good move by the Thunder!
Green could want to sign with the celtics? Boston will also receive the Los Angeles Clippers first-round pick in 2012.

Green is averaging 15.2 points and 5.6 rebounds so far this season over 49 games.

I didnt realize this kid was this good. Perkins was a beast defensively.
Aslan Wrote:Celtics are taking a big risk here. Shaq is already injured and it's untelling how long it will be until KG is. I believe Greens contract does expire this year. He refused to sign an extension with the Thunder, so they decided to use his value in a trade.

I agree completely. Perkins fits this teams style of play. The only thing I can think of is this move was made due to KG and Allen likely only having a few years left in the tank. This was obviously made to fit the Rondo style of play in a few years.
Don't know what the Celtics were thinking with this one. Bad trade for Boston and a great one for Oklahoma City!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Was Danny Ainge drunk when he agreed to this trade?

He has to be a closet Heat or Knicks fan.
This will be the ultimate downfall of the Celtics. Their starting 5 had never lost a playoff series......guess they can't lose one now.
Terrible for the Celtics, turns the Thunder into a potential west winner.
good for the thunder but bad end for the celtics why would u wanna get rid of to great player i mean who u gonna get to replace rondo when he gets tired of when shaq get tired i mean dont get me wrong glen davis is good but if i do recall if it wouldnt for perkins being on the celtics they wouldnt of won a championship i mean the big three did there part but perkins as big as he is helped them soooo much on winning a championship and to trade a guy like that is one stupid decision on the celtics part what are u guys thinking ?
I dont like this trade but at least the Celtics get an extra 1st round pick in 2012.