Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
57th District @ Johnson Central
Sheldon Clark 5-0 (vs Lawrence @ Magoffin @ Paintsville) would have to lose all three to not be the 1 seed.

Magoffin 5-2 (vs Sheldon Clark) no worse than second, must win to have chance at 1 seed.

Paintsville 2-4 (@ Johnson Central vs Sheldon Clark) must beat JC to get 3 seed and could still tie Lawrence if they win their 2 remaining games and Pville loses to SC.

Johnson Central 2-4 (@ Lawrence vs Paintsville) must beat Paintsville to get 3seed and could still tie Lawrence if they win their 2 remaining games.

Lawrence 1-5 (vs Johnson Central @ Sheldon Clark) best hope is 3 seed with 2 wins, one loss and will play in 4 vs 5 game.

I never like to assume, but to make this a little easier to understand I will assume Sheldon Clark wins one more district game.
1. Sheldon Clark
2. Magoffin vs 3. Winner of the Paintsville @ Johnson Central game played 2/11/11.
4 vs 5 will be loser of Paintsville JC game vs Lawrence

Unlikely that the result of JC vs Lawrence or Paintsville vs SC will change the matchups of the district.
Small correction. If Paintsville beats JC then the results of the other 2 games I mentioned won't matter as Paintsville will own tie breaker. If JC beats Paintsville and loses to Lawrence and Paintsville wins at SC then we have a tie for 3rd. Hope that confuses people more.
SC 5-0 must lose to Magoffin and one other game to tie for 1 seed. (I was wrong previously about having to lose all 3).

Magoffin 5-2 must beat SC and hope that SC loses 1 for tie or 2 for outright 1 seed.

JC 3-4 and Paintsville 2-4 Next game pretty well determines 3 seed. I assume a tie breaker based on head-to-head, but I don't know if the district does that or if they coin flip no matter what.

Lawrence 1-6 will play in 4 vs 5 game no matter what.
I think if JC beats Paintsville they get the 3 seed. Cause they beats LC twice. I could be wrong though. But, I think that's how it goes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
If JC wins that gives them 4 wins and the 3 seed. My question is if Paintsville wins and both teams have 3 wins does Paintsville get the 3 seed because of head-to-head or will they coin flip anyway?
In case of any tie there is a coin flip. As far as the standings should Sheldon Clark win at Magoffin County tonight then the Lady Cards own the number one seed and it does matter what happens as they play Lawrence County at home Saturday afternoon and play at Paintsville early next week.
I believe this is the schedule:

Monday 2/21 Johnson Central vs Lawrence
Tuesday 2/22 Winner vs Sheldon Clark
Wednesday 2/23 Magoffin vs Paintsville
Thursday 2/24 Championship