Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tna 2/3/11
"They" that Crimson was talking about turned out to be Fortune. i was surprised by this, i thought there would be some other guys
Creative had to scramble at the last minute, "They" was suppose to be Booker T/Kevin Nash & possibly Sting to reform Main Event Mafia.

But we all know Booker & Nash signed with WWE and Sting is kinda up in the air.
^ good post and update. TNA has some other guy's whose contracts will be up in the next year. I would love to see AJ Syles in a WWE ring for next years WM Tables/Ladders/Chairs match
I do believe that TNA is gonna start faltering a little. What WCW had to bank on, and TNA does too, is big names.

People watch WWE because of the Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Rey Mysterio, etc... While people are watching those guys, people like John Cena, Randy Orton, Edge, etc... develop.

WCW had guys like Hogan, Savage, Piper, Sting, Luger, etc... and did not develop as much as they needed to but still developed guys like Jericho, Benoit, The Giant (Big Show), Booker T, Scott Steiner, etc...

TNA has done better than WCW in development, BUT I think they desperately need a good writer on their staff. The story-lines are pitiful! I still cannot believe they haven't brought on a great writer to help.

Is Hogan under contract? If so, they need to get his butt on Impact. If his contract has only so many appearances, I understand, no rush. My goodness, the casual fan is not gonna watch TNA because of AJ Styles. These people don't know who Mr. Anderson, Samoa Joe, or The Pope are! They are talented wrestlers but no-names to the casual fan.

As much as Vince Russo drove me crazy with it in the late WCW, maybe they need some celebrity gimmicks or something. Have another Kiss Demon, or give David Arquette the title again, lol.

I don't know. I wish them well because they have great pure wrestlers, and I miss those so dearly. What I wouldn't give to see one more Chris Benoit vs. Dean Malenko match.
LWC Wrote:I do believe that TNA is gonna start faltering a little. What WCW had to bank on, and TNA does too, is big names.

People watch WWE because of the Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Rey Mysterio, etc... While people are watching those guys, people like John Cena, Randy Orton, Edge, etc... develop.

WCW had guys like Hogan, Savage, Piper, Sting, Luger, etc... and did not develop as much as they needed to but still developed guys like Jericho, Benoit, The Giant (Big Show), Booker T, Scott Steiner, etc...

TNA has done better than WCW in development, BUT I think they desperately need a good writer on their staff. The story-lines are pitiful! I still cannot believe they haven't brought on a great writer to help.

Is Hogan under contract? If so, they need to get his butt on Impact. If his contract has only so many appearances, I understand, no rush. My goodness, the casual fan is not gonna watch TNA because of AJ Styles. These people don't know who Mr. Anderson, Samoa Joe, or The Pope are! They are talented wrestlers but no-names to the casual fan.

As much as Vince Russo drove me crazy with it in the late WCW, maybe they need some celebrity gimmicks or something. Have another Kiss Demon, or give David Arquette the title again, lol.

I don't know. I wish them well because they have great pure wrestlers, and I miss those so dearly. What I wouldn't give to see one more Chris Benoit vs. Dean Malenko match.

:Thumbs: I agree. I was hoping TNA was going to beat WWE. I knew it was a long shot, but I don't see happening now.
^ I at least want TNA to stay competitive and continue to put pressure on the WWE creative team. WWE was terrible until TNA began putting together decent storylines and getting people to tune in. If TNA goes under, we will see Vince and his team get complacent again.