Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2011
what do the Rams need to do to improve from last year's 7-5 season that made it to the 2nd Round of the Playoffs?

August 20, 11 East Carter Home 7:30 PM
August 26, 11 Ashland Away 7:30 PM
September 2, 11 Pikeville Away 7:30 PM
September 9, 11 Greenup Co. Away 7:30 PM
September 16, 11 Portsmouth East Away 7:30 PM
September 23, 11 Lawrence Co. Away 7:30 PM
September 30 OPEN
October 7, 11 Nicholas Co. Home 7:30 PM
October 14, 11 Fairview Away 7:30 PM
October 21, 11 Paintsville Away 7:30 PM
October 28, 11 Russell Home 7:30 PM

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...fb11/35183
why do they play only 3 Home games and 7 away?
Strikeout King Wrote:why do they play only 3 Home games and 7 away?

I could be wrong, I think they played at Fairview last season. Fairview game should be a home game this season.
So goes Marcus Reed so go the Raceland Rams, and with all talent coming back on the line, and several skill players, he Goes.
If I had my choice between playing at Raceland's stadium or Fairviews ...... I think I would make a special request to play in Kroger's parking lot. Poor fairview hasn't had any money invested in the field since the early 1900's and Raceland put all their money in a pressbox and sign.
RedDevil1981 Wrote:If I had my choice between playing at Raceland's stadium or Fairviews ...... I think I would make a special request to play in Kroger's parking lot. Poor fairview hasn't had any money invested in the field since the early 1900's and Raceland put all their money in a pressbox and sign.

You should read the newspaper buddy going to put new bleachers in, and new locker rooms. Russell's field isn't in great shape either just gotta work to improve facilities.
russellpride Wrote:You should read the newspaper buddy going to put new bleachers in, and new locker rooms. Russell's field isn't in great shape either just gotta work to improve facilities.

Raceland or Fairview?
Raceland!!!
Jarons Wrote:Raceland or Fairview?

Fairview
so this is the new district right?
BIGRAMLOVER1979 Wrote:so this is the new district right?

Yes. All of class A has 4 team districts, Raceland's district lost LCA and Paris and gained Paintsville.
I can see a Raceland and Fairview fighting the District title this year.
Raceland had a weight lifting meet last Saturday,I saw on another site they finished 2nd. I do not know any of the details other than Scott County won. Greenup County, Russell and Morgan County were there. There were several other schools competing almost 200 lifters.
The departure of LCA is huge for this district and this side of the state. What does it look like on the state level for Raceland? Are they going to be a contender for making it to Bowling Green?
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:The departure of LCA is huge for this district and this side of the state. What does it look like on the state level for Raceland? Are they going to be a contender for making it to Bowling Green?

From what I have been hearing is that they will be really young but really talented. I believe they only graduated six or seven seniors from the 2010 team and the better talent from last years team is returning. I have heard that the upcoming freshman class will be really good (State runners up in middle school). I believe that they will win district this year and maybe win a playoff game or two this year. I believe that they are a year away from really contending for Bowling Green.
Jarons Wrote:From what I have been hearing is that they will be really young but really talented. I believe they only graduated six or seven seniors from the 2010 team and the better talent from last years team is returning. I have heard that the upcoming freshman class will be really good (State runners up in middle school). I believe that they will win district this year and maybe win a playoff game or two this year. I believe that they are a year away from really contending for Bowling Green.

Thanks
Raceland could go 9-1 this year or 8-2 with POSSIBLE losses to Lawrence and Ashland-POSSIBLE, yes they will be young but the talent and mentality or Football Smarts is there with these guys. The younger kids coming up have been in the system, already, know the job requirements and stunts that will be called. 2 years in a middle school program that grooms them for highschool really is effective. The Family atmosphere there is the glue to this program and that Everyone believes in the coaches and what they do. BIG SUPPORT from fan base and kids who are focused will play. Great returners this year, Marcus Reed is a beast, Caudill is a beast, not withholding the lineman that are returning. Remember that they had 4 freshman starting/playing last year. Loosing just a few seniors that started is a concern that has already been addressed. Other junior classmen are really stepping up in the weightroom and FOOTBALL101 ! This year is going to be exciting, they are strong, finishing second to Scott Co in the weight meet, who brought three teams. Strongest POUND FOR POUND at the meet was MARCUS REED, projected tailback/featureback at Raceland this coming year. I think he is around 165 pounds and started his squats at 465, think he ended up throwing a 495 as the best. Not bad for a SPRINTER!!!!. Yea we are very happy with the team progression and the devotion of the players. When you ask alot from your kids and they produce, they see the rewards that keeps them coming for more..... I see a bright future ahead for RACELAND, Even if LCA was still in our conference we feel that we were ready for them, Our middle school program defeated them in 7th and 8th grade and have the understanding of their offense and schemes, go figure, they run the same as us....... Still the future looks good and people are happy..........why you ask????,,, Because it is a great day to be a RAM FAN!!!!