Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th vs 2nd Region State Tourny
Well its not to far off, here are some teams from the 2nd Region that the 15th could face in the sweet 16.

Henderson Co- 14-3
Lyon co 14-6
University Heights 13-5 (Betsy Layne played them and won 55-54)
Livingston Central 14-8
Hopkinsville 10-4

Looks like the 15th got a good draw and could easily be in the semis. Anybody know about these teams?
To get the semis, the winner of the 15th would have beat the 2nd. region winner and then they would play the winner of the 11th region and 9th region. The 9th region has Dixie Heights, Newport Catholic and Holmes while the 11th region has Lexington Catholic, Tates Creek and Scott Co.

I think the winner of the 15th will be hard pressed to win the first round game let alone the 2nd round game. But you never know, that's why they play the games.
TSSI Wrote:Well its not to far off, here are some teams from the 2nd Region that the 15th could face in the sweet 16.

Henderson Co- 14-3
Lyon co 14-6
Livingston Central 14-8
Hopkinsville 10-4

Looks like the 15th got a good draw and could easily be in the semis. Anybody know about these teams?

Christian County is the team to beat in the 2nd. Remember that they gave SV fits last year. Doubt any team in the 15th could play with Christian County.
I bet if BL plays hard and make smart passes they could play with anyone in the state but anyway why are we talking bout states we still got district,regionals then we can talk about state!
i think Christian County returned Anthony Hickey? nobody in the 15th can stop him. the 15th is one and done this year. It doesnt matter who makes it.
Time2Shine Wrote:i think Christian County returned Anthony Hickey? nobody in the 15th can stop him. the 15th is one and done this year. It doesnt matter who makes it.

Christian Co has Hickey, Bubba Tandy and Donovan Kates as their best players. Christian Co is ranked as one of the top teams in the state. Agree with you, dosn't matter who wins the 15th region, it looks like they would be one and done.
TSSI Wrote:Well its not to far off, here are some teams from the 2nd Region that the 15th could face in the sweet 16.

Henderson Co- 14-3
Lyon co 14-6
Livingston Central 14-8
Hopkinsville 10-4

Belive me the 15th DID NOT get a good draw. The only regions in that bracket that do not have teams ranked in the top 20 in the state is the 15th and the 8th.

Here are the teams they may come from the other regions in this bracket and thier rankings in the latest AP poll.

Region:

10th #4 Clark Co
4th #6 Warren Central
7th #1 Eastern
2nd #15 Christian Co
11th #5 Lexington Catholic
9th #18 Newport Catholic

The upper bracket is loaded.