Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is 2a The Easiest Class To Win A State Title?
I KNOW WINNING A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP IS NOT EASY, IN ANY CLASS.
BUT SINCE 2-A NO LONGER HAS DANVILLE, BOYLE CO.,BARDSTOWN, DOES THIS IN FACT MAKE IT EASIER FOR MOUNTAIN TEAMS TO WIN IT IN 2A?
BESIDES BREATHITT CO. HOW MANY MOUNTAIN TEAMS WON IT IN 2A WHEN THE ABOVE WAS THERE? PBURG MADE IT,THEY WERE BEATEN BY BARDSTOWN.I THINK BELFRY WITH JONES AND HOWARD WERE GREAT 2A TEAMS UNDOUBTEDLY, BUT COULD THEY HAVE BEATEN DANVILLE OR BOYLE CO. IF THEY WERE STILL IN 2A?
CLASS A MOUNTAIN TEAMS GOTTA GO THROUGH THE NORTH( BEECHWOOD, NEWPORT CATH,) THEN YOULL END UP PLAYING DANVILLE OR MAYFIELD.:yesno:
i've always said 2a was the most open class
I've always thought that 2A was the weakest at the top for the last several years.
yea 2a is probably the easiest
Prestonsburg also made it in 1993, but was beat by Mayfield in the championship game.
Belfry was the far better team than either 1A team in '04, I don't really think they were better than Danville in '03.

I'll take NCC over Russell in '05, but it would have been a much better game than the 1A title game.
It's probably the easiest, not taking away any of the credit from the teams in it, but the competition seems to be more scarce
AA is the easiest IMO...
HappyGilmore Wrote:Belfry was the far better team than either 1A team in '04, I don't really think they were better than Danville in '03.

I'll take NCC over Russell in '05, but it would have been a much better game than the 1A title game.

I feel as if they would have given Danville a great game in 03!

TongueirateSho
BelfryJustice Wrote:I feel as if they would have given Danville a great game in 03!

TongueirateSho

Here is how I feel about it. If we fumbled against Danville as many times as we did against E'Town they would have embarassed us.

Just my honest opinion.
HappyGilmore Wrote:Here is how I feel about it. If we fumbled against Danville as many times as we did against E'Town they would have embarassed us.

Just my honest opinion.

I have to say that is a very good point! We did cough it up a lot!
its not easy to win state in any class
A is in my opinion.
coacher_06 Wrote:its not easy to win state in any class

good post.........:champ: it dont matter what class ur in its gonna be hard to win a state title
2A is probly the weakest class out of them all
I think that each class is relative.

No offense to the person who started this thread--but if winning a state championship was easy--then everyone would be doing it.

If anything--there is a little more parity in AA. Overall, it seems like you see different winners more often in AA. I don't think that makes AA weak--it just speaks to parity (which, in the long term, could actually mean that it is TOUGHER).
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:I think that each class is relative.

No offense to the person who started this thread--but if winning a state championship was easy--then everyone would be doing it.

If anything--there is a little more parity in AA. Overall, it seems like you see different winners more often in AA. I don't think that makes AA weak--it just speaks to parity (which, in the long term, could actually mean that it is TOUGHER).

WOW! I agree 100%!

:theman:
I think that the top 2A teams are not weak, but who are we comparing them to, 1A, 3A, 4A? There are "weak" teams in all divisions IMO, but they all try hard to win the title and the championship means just as much to a 1A school and its players as it does to a 4A school and its players.