Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finances of the United States
I've found this website that shows how our country's finances are if you're interested in looking. I'm not sure who created this website or how reliable it is, though. Here's the website:

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

You can also look at how our country was financially in the past few years, each specific state's finances, the national debts of other countries, and a few other things. On the homepage, if you don't understand what each number stands for, you can put your mouse over it and the website will give you a brief description at the top of the webpage of what that number represents.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I've found this website that shows how our country's finances are if you're interested in looking. I'm not sure who created this website or how reliable it is, though. Here's the website:

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

You can also look at how our country was financially in the past few years, each specific state's finances, the national debts of other countries, and a few other things. On the homepage, if you don't understand what each number stands for, you can put your mouse over it and the website will give you a brief description at the top of the webpage of what that number represents.
Excellent post. I had not looked at the national debt clock in quite awhile and they have added a lot of information to it since my last visit.

The numbers are scary but what is even scarier is the trend. Under President Bush, the debt went up $4.357 trillion over eight years. Under President Obama, the national debt went up by $3.801 trillion in just two years and the projected budget deficit for 2011 is another $1.5 trillion.

The meager budget "cuts" that Obama outlined in his SOTU speech will pay the interest on the current debt for about 10 days. Obama and the Democrats do not have the spines to tackle the budget deficit and I fear that too many Republicans will also try to get by just paying it lip service.

The baby boomers and every generation that have come along since are destroying our descendants standard of living and security.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Excellent post. I had not looked at the national debt clock in quite awhile and they have added a lot of information to it since my last visit.

The numbers are scary but what is even scarier is the trend. Under President Bush, the debt went up $4.357 trillion over eight years. Under President Obama, the national debt went up by $3.801 trillion in just two years and the projected budget deficit for 2011 is another $1.5 trillion.

The meager budget "cuts" that Obama outlined in his SOTU speech will pay the interest on the current debt for about 10 days. Obama and the Democrats do not have the spines to tackle the budget deficit and I fear that too many Republicans will also try to get by just paying it lip service.

The baby boomers and every generation that have come along since are destroying our descendants standard of living and security.

I definitely think our country needs to have spending cuts in the next few years. I really think the baby boomers generation are going to go through very tough times. We're going to be forced to cut social security. Therefore, with the economic collapse that would come from cutting our country's spending, the baby boomers generation would be forced to continue to work during bad economic times.