Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tennessee-28 vs Kentucky-18 (2011 Border Bowl)
Final from Cumberland.

Tennessee now leads the series 3-1.
Anyone stand out? I know we had a problem with turnovers...
Kentucky
Passing 216 yards
Rushing-73 yards
17 1st Downs

Tennessee
Passing-67 yards
Rushing-74 yards
10 1st Downs.

Turnovers Killed Ky..KY with 5 turnovers and TN with only 2.
OL for KY could not protect the QB's, had huge size but looked confused most of the game Play calling for KY was very.................questionable and predictable As somebody else said losing the pigskin killed the KY team.

I thought Madon from Bell played really well Not sure why he did not play more than he did? Cross was impressive but did not seem very many others got much of a chance. KY team did not execute well TN had some good speed but I felt KY had a much better team overall.
Did anyone else see all the other coaches on the Ky sideline. I thought head coaches were to be assistants. We had a few but a lot of assistants from Bell there. ???????
^
the head coach is welcomed to bring all of his assistants, its been like that every year.
Hope everything is okay with Coach Donahue
TopCat Wrote:OL for KY could not protect the QB's, had huge size but looked confused most of the game Play calling for KY was very.................questionable and predictable As somebody else said losing the pigskin killed the KY team.

I thought Madon from Bell played really well Not sure why he did not play more than he did? Cross was impressive but did not seem very many others got much of a chance. KY team did not execute well TN had some good speed but I felt KY had a much better team overall.

Was very surprised to see the KY team turn the ball over 5 times and 3 of those we in the red zone. The flare pass that KY kept trying to execute (seemed like 20 times) was worthless after the first couple times. Defensively played good enough to win but offense did not have any answers.
I watched the 2nd half. And Kentucky's O-Line could not stop Tennessee's pass rush..
OLine was over matched.
64black&gold Wrote:OLine was over matched.

Were the 2 OL Kentucky committs playing.
Paul Crewe Wrote:Did anyone else see all the other coaches on the Ky sideline. I thought head coaches were to be assistants. We had a few but a lot of assistants from Bell there. ???????

I noticed the OL coach for Bell done his usual magic b/c the KY OL could not pass block anyone.
Tennesse is always tough.
TopCat Wrote:I noticed the OL coach for Bell done his usual magic b/c the KY OL could not pass block anyone.

I don't think that is fair. Did Bell not have 2 All-state Offensive Linemen?
Didn't get to see the entire game. Did see that there were too many turnovers for Kentucky that costed them. Tanner Bratton from Johnson Central made some nice plays, congrats to him!
TN recovered and returned 1 or 2 fumbles for TD's and 2 or 3 fumbles were in the redone or close and turned into points. Still a good game though I'm about beating TN in anything but this event is more for the players to showcase themselves for possible scholarships. So as long as some young men get to play college ball I'm okay with the result.
Do they not give out MVP honors?
^

I think the QB for TN got the MVP.
With 67 passing yards? :please:
Turnovers killed Kentucky!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
50 or 7 from T's defense should have been the MVP.
I really enjoyed getting to sit with some of the Momma Bears at this game!....Wish things had went differently, but good to be with good friends at a game again!
TopCat Wrote:I noticed the OL coach for Bell done his usual magic b/c the KY OL could not pass block anyone.

He coached the D-Line dumb ---- . Don't make statements if you don't know want you are talking about. Are you jealous because Dudley chose him to coach and not you.
redstorm Wrote:He coached the D-Line dumb ---- . Don't make statements if you don't know want you are talking about. Are you jealous because Dudley chose him to coach and not you.

That poster is not a COACH!!!!! He is 1 of the hanger arounds.