Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Member List
Dusty,

Wildcatk23 and Vundy33 are really NOT on the list. No joke. I believe they have all the functions of their accounts working, but are not listed.

I have not researched Vundy33, but Wildcatk23 could not even be found on the alphabetical list. I did not go to the Mod panel to search, but just referring to the Member List, he could not be found.
Midee1 Wrote:Do any of you newer members remember what we used to do with people that boasted about post counts?

I have got a few very tore up and nervous doing it?

Any thoughts? LOL

There is always a Bully in the woods! :please:

Hey Midee1, any thoughts on the comments on members not showing up on the Members list????
Stardust Wrote:There is always a Bully in the woods! :please:

Hey Midee1, any thoughts on the comments on members not showing up on the Members list????

...Do I detect this?....Stardust:yesno:Midee1

Such squabbleing!...Can't we just settle this some way?...lol

[Image: http://www.exclusivemovienews.com/wp-con...thetop.jpg]
Stardust Wrote:There is always a Bully in the woods! :please:

We used to have members in the past that would start a thread when they hit a milestone post such as 1000, 2000 etc.

It wouldn't take long for a staff member to quickly go in and knock their post count down to 50 or so. It was just an old gag that we used to do.

Dusty as far as them not showing up. I'll try to take a look later and see if there is anything that I can see that's wrong.
Midee1 Wrote:We used to have members in the past that would start a thread when they hit a milestone post such as 1000, 2000 etc.

It wouldn't take long for a staff member to quickly go in and knock their post count down to 50 or so. It was just an old gag that we used to do.

Dusty as far as them not showing up. I'll try to take a look later and see if there is anything that I can see that's wrong.

Thanks, in one post, you answered Dusty's question and my PM. Thanks.
LWC Wrote:Dusty,

Wildcatk23 and Vundy33 are really NOT on the list. No joke. I believe they have all the functions of their accounts working, but are not listed.

I have not researched Vundy33, but Wildcatk23 could not even be found on the alphabetical list. I did not go to the Mod panel to search, but just referring to the Member List, he could not be found.

Neither am I.
Midee1 Wrote:We used to have members in the past that would start a thread when they hit a milestone post such as 1000, 2000 etc.

LOL hmm....
So did their post count stay at 50 or did you give them their posts back?
You said it was an old gag so I didn't know if you were taking their post away or just messing with them.
Im number 17. I'm ahead of Aslan. that has made my day.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Im number 17. I'm ahead of Aslan. that has made my day.

Laugh it up fuzz ball.
With this post I just got one closer to passing you Big Grin
Not to post-pad myself but look at the difference in joined dates for you two, one person joined 3 years before the other.

However, someone once told me it is not the quantity of the posts it is the quality of them....

This, was not one of those quality posts Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin lol
LWC Wrote:Not to post-pad myself but look at the difference in joined dates for you two, one person joined 3 years before the other.

However, someone once told me it is not the quantity of the posts it is the quality of them....

This, was not one of those quality posts Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin lol

Way to take his side. LOL

Wait that another post for me.
Stardust Wrote:Accounts won't be deleted for in-active members. If you delete the account, you would also be deleting posts and threads that have been started by the member. If threads get deleted, it affects every person who posted in that thread and their posts. QQ & Midee1 have already set this guideline.

Ah, I see. I did not think about it hurting post counts. I thought the post and threads would stick around, and the posts by members who would be deleted would just be shown as a post by a deleted member.
But, if this happens, what if someone deletes their account?
Does the same thing happen? Like the poster who had 20000 post and then deleted his or her account. Did the threads that poster started (which i would assume would affect A LOT of people) hurt other peoples stats or post? Im assuming it didnt and it doesnt when someone does do this because im sure a lot of people are deleting their account every month.
I'm not one on post counts, i only post when i want to express my opinion, and never simply go down the long list of scores saying congrats to every team that won like a lot of people do.
And in no means am i trying to start anything, i love this site and think its the best of its kind. QQ and Midee have done an excellent job at starting something great and i have been reading a long time before i ever signed up.
Just curious as to the workings of the site.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ah, I see. I did not think about it hurting post counts. I thought the post and threads would stick around, and the posts by members who would be deleted would just be shown as a post by a deleted member.
But, if this happens, what if someone deletes their account?
Does the same thing happen? Like the poster who had 20000 post and then deleted his or her account. Did the threads that poster started (which i would assume would affect A LOT of people) hurt other peoples stats or post? Im assuming it didnt and it doesnt when someone does do this because im sure a lot of people are deleting their account every month.
I'm not one on post counts, i only post when i want to express my opinion, and never simply go down the long list of scores saying congrats to every team that won like a lot of people do.
And in no means am i trying to start anything, i love this site and think its the best of its kind. QQ and Midee have done an excellent job at starting something great and i have been reading a long time before i ever signed up.
Just curious as to the workings of the site.

A member cannot delete their account. When the member with the 20K posts asked to terminate his account, we changed the name on the account to "deleted account". As for posting, it's social media, it's just not that big of a deal, so post what you like as much or as little as you like. Anyone who get's hung up on posts (whether excessive or minimal) misses the whole point of social media and takes it way too serious. It's meant to be fun, some enjoy fun differently than others, and there is no right or wrong as long as it meets the rules of the site.
Stardust Wrote:A member cannot delete their account. When the member with the 20K posts asked to terminate his account, we changed the name on the account to "deleted account". As for posting, it's social media, it's just not that big of a deal, so post what you like as much or as little as you like. Anyone who get's hung up on posts (whether excessive or minimal) misses the whole point of social media and takes it way too serious. It's meant to be fun, some enjoy fun differently than others, and there is no right or wrong as long as it meets the rules of the site.

Gotcha:Thumbs: