Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I see everyone posting about next year, so I figured I would. Would love to see someone post a schedule. I really liked watching this team last season. I know they lose a lot.
Pburg
Leslie County
Shelby Valley
Bracken County
Jenkins
Knott County Central
Paintsville (apple bowl) I think
Hannan WV (Bobcat Bowl)
Allen Central
South Floyd

This was the rough draft that I saw in Oct.
Playing Bracken Co in the Bobcat Bowl guess they should get a win next year:biggrin:

By the way Bishop Brossart is still waiting for this year's trophy:1:
Bishop Brossart declined to play in the bobcat bowl for the next two years.

Good Luck in 2A!
sportscritic Wrote:Bishop Brossart declined to play in the bobcat bowl for the next two years.

Good Luck in 2A!
heard it was the other way around but anyway
guess they got tired of driving down there for the win.
Almost certain the mustangs said they didnt want to come to BL two years in a row again.
Moving to 2A is a big challenge for the hole program. This team is very young in the line, lose 4 starters. Lose there QB Nathan Martin, running back Casey Adkins. Dillion Hamilton, Josh Salsbury, Houston Hall and Ryan Lawson will have to step up, Zack Tackett is are returning lineman (LT). Dillion and the freshman team went 3-0 this year and with the JV he was also undefeated.

In all I believe the Bobcats will continue to win, with some different goals of course in the changing in classes, SV, Leslie Co and P-burg being in our district.:rockon:
The district teams they play return alot for each team.

REZ, How can you not mention Austin Hall, Blake Spencer, Austin Kidd and a very talented 8th grade group.

Can wait for 2011.
tebow Wrote:The district teams they play return alot for each team.

REZ, How can you not mention Austin Hall, Blake Spencer, Austin Kidd and a very talented 8th grade group.

Can wait for 2011.

Middle school stars quickly find out how tough High school football can be. Huge difference.
At one time BL had 3 freshman start offense and defense. It is an uphill battle but freshman can contribute majorly!!!!
tebow Wrote:The district teams they play return alot for each team.

Can wait for 2011.

WELL Tebow its early and we are moving up into 2A class, I would like to down play for now. Would like to see the team come together on the field and see what coach Red Parsons and Adam Collins has on the agenda. Didn't I mention the freshman team being undafeated and the JV to? The kids you mentioned are on those teams. Hey Tebow dont worry about me, if you have somthing positive to say about our BOBCATS then say it.:Thumbs:
Heard Betsy Layne will keep all staff in tact and also add a couple of former playes to continue the success.

With the bobcats hit hard with graduation who will fill the new positions?

I think they lost a lot but #33 is coming back which will keep the program moving forward.
This will be a fun team to watch next year. not to big but very quick.
OffTheHook Wrote:Middle school stars quickly find out how tough High school football can be. Huge difference.

it is a huge difference but these are players that make a difference in a game, these boys are champs they know how to win and will contribute to the future of this program. the Bobcats will be winners in the future and will be contenders for the district championship...:rockon:
tebow Wrote:Heard Betsy Layne will keep all staff in tact and also add a couple of former playes to continue the success.

With the bobcats hit hard with graduation who will fill the new positions?

I think they lost a lot but #33 is coming back which will keep the program moving forward.

like i said the Bobcats lost there line and QB, but has players ready to fill there shoes. The line is going to be a big deal also the linebacker position with the WR position to fill.

I heard the Bobcats was going to get a new field of grass, like Painstville?
A midget league team can beat Hannan, WV .. Burch hung 80 points on them this past season.
Hannan contacted BL to play, BL needed that week filled, signed contract.
Like to do a shout out of congratulations to

Casey Adkins and Kory Jarrell for WYMT honorable mention for running backs

AND

Casey Adkins and Austin Hall for WYMT All Mountain Team Defense

Hard work pays off!!!!!
sportscritic Wrote:Pburg
Leslie County
Shelby Valley
Bracken County
Jenkins
Knott County Central
Hannan WV (Bobcat Bowl)
Allen Central
South Floyd

Knott Central, Bracken, and Hannan are all easy wins. At least they should be.
sportscritic Wrote:Pburg
Leslie County
Shelby Valley
Bracken County
Jenkins
Knott County Central
Hannan WV (Bobcat Bowl)
Allen Central
South Floyd

I would drop Bracken Co. and and Lewis county. Shorter trip about the same level.
P-Burg - L (Pburg should be pre-season #2 in class 2A
Leslie Co.- L
SV - L
Bracken - W
Jenkins - W
KCC-W
Paintsville - W
Hannan WV- W
AC- W
Sf-W
Benchwarmer Wrote:I would drop Bracken Co. and and Lewis county. Shorter trip about the same level.

We'll be 50 points better than Bracken.
LClion4life Wrote:We'll be 50 points better than Bracken.

Yea ok. :eyeroll:
LClion4life Wrote:We'll be 50 points better than Bracken.
whoa Bracken's not a bad team. You'll be in a dog fight with them (or should I say a Polar Bear fight:biggrinSmile
:thatsfunn
LClion4life Wrote::thatsfunn
:thanks:but NKY teams are no easy push over
Betsy lane i used to date her!!! LMAO!!!
nky Wrote::thanks:but NKY teams are no easy push over

No, they aren't. Usually. Bracken is the only exception.
LClion4life Wrote:No, they aren't. Usually. Bracken is the only exception.
That's what the Bobcats felt about Bishop Brossart as well:biggrin:
^ Amen to that
Pages: 1 2 3 4