Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This will be my only comment reagarding the Bobcats this year. With future scheduling they should consider picking up Belfry, East Ridge, Pike Central, and Pikeville. That will up the competition and stay local. Floyd Co. football programs are grossly underfunded and Betsy Layne needs good gate revenue to support the program. Go local, and get fans for both teams. Keep Allen Central, South Floyd for the same reason. Then add in the three district games of P-burg, Shelby Valley, and Leslie County and you only have one game to add.
LClion4life Wrote:Knott Central, Bracken, and Hannan are all easy wins. At least they should be.

And how many times has Lewis Co. BEAT Knott County Central?
First off East side, Jr. Newsome ran off Chase Hall. Betsy Layne is trying to build their program and there is never an easy win for the bobcats. They will take one game at a time.
eastside207 Wrote:excyter why even bother? you took your kid and skipped on the same players you say you were close to, the program could have used you and chase but when you didnt get your way you ran away in the middle of the year.leaving the team. why even post? .

Classic Post! Know everything! lol:eyeroll:
nky Wrote:Welcome aboard
What Northern Kentucky team have they scheduled? I know their not playing Brossart

I was just talking about scheduling Brossart.
i would love to see bl play tougher teams but it just cant happen if thay want to be around in the end. most every player thay have goes ironman. all these teams everyone is talking about double and some tripple bl in size. the next few years will be hard for parsons and his team as it is, you cant rush into success.
:igiveup: Done :igiveup:

BEST OF LUCK BOBCATS IN 2011!
FREE AGENT Wrote:I was just talking about scheduling Brossart.
Brossart didn't want to travel down there again next season. Betsy Lane is playing a quasi- Northern Kentucky team in Bracken County- they should get an easy win from them (but that's what they thought when they scheduled Brossart :biggrinSmile
NKY, when are you going to give it a rest. You are a private school. You got so much going for you and you keep bringing up the BIG win against Betsy Layne. I will make a point to see how they do this year now that they are moving up to 2A. Good Luck with that!!!!
tebow Wrote:NKY, when are you going to give it a rest. You are a private school. You got so much going for you and you keep bringing up the BIG win against Betsy Layne. I will make a point to see how they do this year now that they are moving up to 2A. Good Luck with that!!!!
they will struggle. They might not even win a game. But they increased the schedule. What does a private school have to do with anything? The parents make a Hugh commitment to send their son to Brossart plus have to raise incredible amounts of money to fund the program. Betsy Lane scheduled Brossart because they thought they were patsy and an easy win which it turned out to be false.
Betsy Layne will be good to win 6 to 7 games, that would help the program in a big way.
tebow Wrote:NKY, when are you going to give it a rest. You are a private school. You got so much going for you and you keep bringing up the BIG win against Betsy Layne. I will make a point to see how they do this year now that they are moving up to 2A. Good Luck with that!!!!

At the point of the BIG WIN brossart was 0-20, so it is something to talk about. Being private or public doesn't matter. A win is a win. It's over. I would be upset more with the crap talking from the local posters rather than nky's post. You shouldn't be bitter about a team that surprised you 2 years in a row. It happened.
Private Vs Public is not fair. Where you been? Their have been people on here posting about Private vs Public for years. They are advantages...
tebow Wrote:Private Vs Public is not fair. Where you been? Their have been people on here posting about Private vs Public for years. They are advantages...
such as?
I gurantee Brossart spends twice as much as BL does in Football.
tebow Wrote:I guarantee Brossart spends twice as much as BL does in Football.

doubt it Brossart spends what the parents can raise. The school allocates money for coaches about 8 paid positions for middle school though high school. Gate from games after renting the home field pays for some equipment but all the rest is raised though fundraisers though out the year
Also the parents of Brossart students pay over 6000 per year to send their son to Brossart plus other cost(books, uniforms, athletic fees).
BL gets two paid assitants. On person to run the grade school, try to tell me your said story!!! Floyd County pays lowest in state!!!

Trust me you all are in alot better shape.
tebow Wrote:BL gets two paid assitants. On person to run the grade school, try to tell me your said story!!! Floyd County pays lowest in state!!!

Trust me you all are in alot better shape.
That is sad. Hard to run a quality program like that:igiveup:
The Betsy Layne Spring Practice finished up today for the week. And everything looked great. Really looking forward to the spring game on Wednesday.

Excyter, keep posting about the bobcats, you did coach them in grade school. I know you have some good friends on staff as well. Excyter left in good standing with the staff unlike other ALUMNI.

Keep supporting this young program, success will come with hard work!
Let us know how the spring game turns out... I think that BL could have a real nice year again this year.
Aug 19, 11 Bracken County home

7:30 PM
Aug 26, 11 South Floyd away

Sep 9, 11 Allen Central away

Sep 16, 11 Knott County Central home

Sep 23, 11 Prestonsburg home

Sep 30, 11 Paintsville away