Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pulaski Co. 36 Perry Co. Central 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final

Congrats Maroons!
Congrats Pulaski
Clay comes to town next week, this could be a great one.
Only team left out of District 7
Figured Pulaski would win yet not by final score margin
The correct score is Pulaski Co. 37 Perry Co. Central 6
Congrats Maroons!
To those who listen to when the game was on and PCC had it in the red zone. What plays did they call?
Ugh. Another season full of "what ifs". Congrats Maroons.
Pulaski played a great game and dominated Perry Central from start to finish! Zach Eastham had a great game with the biggest play coming on an 81 yard TD pass to Alex Abner!! Score would have been alot worse but Pulaski had double digit penalties, the refs were absolutely horrible in this game, especially with the unsportsmanlike conduct calls, I believe the Commodores need to learn how to lose with class because there were alot of cheap shots in there towards the end of the game from Perry Central!

Perry Central went with there passing game and it got them no where! What made no sense to me is that Perry Central kept going with the flea flicker and another passing play every time and they were getting stuffed every time. No offense to any PCC fans but I don't think they knew just how good Pulaski County is. From what Aslan told me at the game, Pulaski's defense was the fastest defense that Perry Central had faced all year! But, congrats to Perry Central finishing their season at a respectable 7-4!

TongueirateShoCongrats Maroons on the Big Win!!TongueirateSho
Figured Maroons would win by more.
Congrats Pulaski!
leecoukfan Wrote:Pulaski played a great game and dominated Perry Central from start to finish! Zach Eastham had a great game with the biggest play coming on an 81 yard TD pass to Alex Abner!! Score would have been alot worse but Pulaski had double digit penalties, the refs were absolutely horrible in this game, especially with the unsportsmanlike conduct calls, I believe the Commodores need to learn how to lose with class because there were alot of cheap shots in there towards the end of the game from Perry Central!

Perry Central went with there passing game and it got them no where! What made no sense to me is that Perry Central kept going with the flea flicker and another passing play every time and they were getting stuffed every time. No offense to any PCC fans but I don't think they knew just how good Pulaski County is. From what Aslan told me at the game, Pulaski's defense was the fastest defense that Perry Central had faced all year! But, congrats to Perry Central finishing their season at a respectable 7-4!

No, most of us know. Doesn't mean we couldn't play with them. Don't generalize from a few. The score was 14-0 at the half and if we had any red zone offense it would have been closer, especially if Pray didn't get hurt. But like I said, another season of "what if's", and the cheap shots probably came from the seniors as they seen their season ending on them, you have to remember these are kids.
Best team Perry has played all year. After they didn't get the 4th and one to tie the game it killed moral.
Grats Pulaski, good luck rest of the post season.
tcb Wrote:Figured Maroons would win by more.

They would have but when it was all said and done the Maroons had an insane amount of penalties called on them, so many that I lost count! They had close to 10 holding penalties called which included a TD being called back. They had i believe 3-4 offside penalties, 1 encroachment penalty, and i believe 3 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties which only one of those unsportsmanlike conduct penalties were initialized by Pulaski. I'm sure Forever Maroon can correct me if I am wrong with any of these.
Perry had quite a few themselves. Penalties are apart of the game, as is not getting a TD on the one inch line :HitWall:
Aslan Wrote:Perry had quite a few themselves. Penalties are apart of the game, as is not getting a TD on the one inch line :HitWall:

Yeah, Perry Central had two great opportunities in the Red Zone in the 1st Half but weren't able to capitalize on either possession.
Congrats Pulaski.
Congrats Pulaski
leecoukfan Wrote:The correct score is Pulaski Co. 37 Perry Co. Central 6

Can a mod change this please.
Great job PC
Grats PC.
leecoukfan Wrote:They would have but when it was all said and done the Maroons had an insane amount of penalties called on them, so many that I lost count! They had close to 10 holding penalties called which included a TD being called back. They had i believe 3-4 offside penalties, 1 encroachment penalty, and i believe 3 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties which only one of those unsportsmanlike conduct penalties were initialized by Pulaski. I'm sure Forever Maroon can correct me if I am wrong with any of these.
I must say I have seen much better officiated games in my time. Each team took turns shooting themselves in the foot. Pulaski ended with over 100 yards in penalties on the night. Perry was over 50. It wasn't just the penalties, it was the timing of the penalties. Pulaski gave Perry 4 first downs on penalty in the firs half. Perry only had 4 first downs all night that were not by Pulaski penalty. The defensive stand on Pulaski's goal line with just over 1 minute to go in the half was the back breaker for Perry. You could see they were not comfortable under center in short yardage situation.
The Pulaski defense was NASTY last night. Perry could get nothing going. A majority of passing yards came on 3 shuttle passes to Rankin in the first half. The rushing yards came late in the 4th when the game was out of hand. Sizemore had 2 long runs with under 4 minutes left in the game.
As far as QBs go, it wasn't even close! Eastham showed he is the best in the mountains! He dominated the match-up. And what can you say about Alex Abner? The kid spent the week in the hospital, at one time was in danger of losing his arm, had surgery on Wednesday, got out of the hospital Friday and played a great game Friday night! The kid is tuff as nails! Congratulations to
Pulaski on a dominating win over a very good team! Time to get ready for Clay County!!!
Congrats Pulaski.
PCC 0 0 0 6 — 6

PC 7 7 16 7 — 37

FIRST QUARTER

PC—Eastham 10 run (Patton kick)

SECOND QUARTER

PC—Abner 81 pass from Eastham (Patton kick)

THIRD QUARTER

PC—Abner 30 pass from Eastham (Patton kick)

PC—Abner 15 run (Patton kick)

PC—Safety-PCC snap out of end zone

FOURTH QUARTER

PC—Abner 25 pass from Eastham (Patton kick)

PCC—Turner 3 run (Conv. run failed)

RUSHING—PCC, Robinson 6-67, Huff 15-28. PC, Abner 11-79 TD, Eastham 8-49, Haste 5-48.

PASSING—PCC, Huff 15-26 103. PC, Eastham 19-32 322 3 TD’s.

RECEIVING—PCC, Rankin 6-37, White 3-24. PC, Abner 7-157 3 TD’s, McQueen 6-87.

http://somerset-kentucky.com/localsports...h-37-6-win
[Image: foknbw2j3d1t3nq2ywk.jpg]

Somerset — Pulaski County’s Alex Abner spent most of this week in the hospital, eventually having to have surgery performed on an elbow for an unknown infection.

After last night’s opening round of the KHSAA’s football playoffs, the Maroons senior tailback had left Perry County Central’s season on life support.

Abner returned to the field on Friday evening and in a big way for PC.

The Maroon senior scored four touchdowns against the Commodores, with three of those coming on TD passes from quarterback Zach Eastham, and as a result, head coach Justin Haddix and Perry County Central had no chance whatsoever.

Pulaski County rolled up 502 yards of total offense in this affair, and despite struggling for much of the first half offensively, it was Johnny Hines and the defending regional champion Maroons moving on with an impressive, 37-6 victory over the visiting Commodores.

So coach Hines, what about the struggles in the first half offensively tonight?

“I thought it was a thing of beauty, because anytime you’re moving on in the playoffs — it’s a good thing,” stated a very happy Pulaski County coach, after watching his team roll to 10-1 on the year with the win.

“They (Perry County Central) kind of threw us a little bit of a curveball coming out and playing some man to man coverage,” pointed out Hines. “We had not seen that in any game from them, and we had seen over half of their games on film this year. They had not played that way at all, and we kind of stumbled due to that, but Zach (Eastham) did a good job of making some adjustments.”

Indeed, it was Pulaski County’s quarterback winning the head to head battle with Perry County Central’s Kyle Huff in this one.

[SIZE="2"]Huff and Eastham came in as the top two ranked quarterbacks statistically in the state of Kentucky in Class 5 A this season, but on this night, Eastham proved he was the better gunslinger of the two.

Huff led Class 5 A coming into the PC game with 2,280 yards passing, to go along with 29 touchdowns and seven interceptions.

Eastham meanwhile had tallied 2,156 yards through the year this year, throwing for 30 TD passes against just eight picks.

Last night, Eastham won the battle between the two, connecting on 19 of 32 passes for 322 yards and three TD’s, while Huff completed 15 of 26 pass attempts for just 103 yards and no TD’s.
[/SIZE]

However, it was on the ground where Eastham got his club off and rolling in this encounter.

The PC quarterback rolled into the end zone for a 10-yard score with 3:45 remaining in the first quarter of play giving his club a 7-0 lead.

Late in the first half, with the score still 7-0 in favor of the Maroons, a four-play sequence totally changed the tone of this contest.

The Commodores, thanks to a Pulaski fumble, had the ball third and goal from the Maroon 1-yard line with just over a minute to go in the opening half, but on back to back runs up the middle, the PC defense held its ground, coming up with a huge goal-line stand.

Two plays later, with 1:00 left on the clock in the first half, Eastham hit Abner for an 81-yard scoring toss, and that two-score swing had given Hines and crew a 14-0 lead at the half, and Perry County Central was in big-time trouble.

“That was a huge sequence there at the end of the first half and our defense was just great all night,” stated coach Hines.

“They played great, because Perry County Central is a really explosive team,” Hines remarked. “They have tremendous speed and explosiveness on the outside, and I thought our defense did a very good job of containing the run and got after the quarterback really well.”

Thanks to the huge 14-point swing at the end of the first half, the Maroons carried that momentum gained at the end of the half into the third period.

Eastham hooked up with Abner yet again on a 30-yard touchdown pass, Abner scored on a 15-yard run, and a Perry Central snap out of the back of the end zone over the punter’s head gave the Maroons a safety, and a 30-point cushion through three periods of play.

Abner capped the scoring for PC and his big night with 7:28 remaining in the fourth period, as his 25-yard scoring run extended the lead out to 37-0 at that juncture in favor of the Maroons.

For the game, Abner rushed for 79 yards on 11 carries and one score, while hauling in 7 receptions for 157 yards and 3 TD’s.

Not a bad night indeed for a guy that was lying in a hospital bed the day before the game.

“Alex just had a tremendous night and it was great to see him out there,” stated Hines.

“I’ll tell you what, we really appreciate Dr. (Jesse) Pace and what he’s been able to do for us this year in helping us keep our kids healthy and on the field,” continued the PC head coach. “It really was amazing to see Alex come out here tonight and play the way that he did. It was kind of reminiscent of the Southwestern game a couple of years ago when he came out and had that incredible game with all of those kickoff returns for touchdowns.”

With the win, Pulaski County moves on to round two of the Class 5 A playoffs, and the Maroons will return home to PC Field next Friday night at 7:30 p.m., when Hines and company will square off against the 8-3 Clay County Tigers.

Clay County advanced to round two of the playoffs with last night’s 62-22 thrashing over Lincoln County.

http://somerset-kentucky.com/localsports...h-37-6-win
Not by as much as I thought..
Good win for Pulaski..
leecoukfan Wrote:Pulaski played a great game and dominated Perry Central from start to finish! Zach Eastham had a great game with the biggest play coming on an 81 yard TD pass to Alex Abner!! Score would have been alot worse but Pulaski had double digit penalties, the refs were absolutely horrible in this game, especially with the unsportsmanlike conduct calls, I believe the Commodores need to learn how to lose with class because there were alot of cheap shots in there towards the end of the game from Perry Central!

How do you get they dominated from start to finish? It was 7-0 with 1:30 left in the half. Perry had the ball 3rd and goal on the 1 and failed to get in twice! ( GREAT DEFENSE ON THE MAROONS PART I MUST ADD). They then throw a 81 yard bomb against a player out of position due to injury. So its 14-0 Pulaski at the half, and to be honest I knew at this point Perry was going to lay down and give up int he second half. But very simply put it could of been 7-7 going into the half.
Im not saying Perry was going to win, or was supposed to win. But to say they were completely dominated from start to finish is a huge untruth. Perry stopped Pulaski twice on 4th down in the 1st half and a fake punt.

One other thing I want to touch on is the amount of penalty's that cost Pulaski a chance at a blowout. You say they had so many false starts and offsides, how can this be blamed on the officials? Just because Pulaski jumped offsides or started early on offense 10 times, are the officials supposed to stop calling it because they've already thrown to many flags on them? That really makes no sense. I dont think anyone who watched would of argued any of the false start and encroachment calls.
I also dont remember anywhere close to 10 holding calls on both teams combined.

Pulaski played a great game though, they deserved to win. There QB and #11 are a great combo. Where was #54? I saw them play earlier this year and was looking for him last night but didnt see him.
csabo17 Wrote:How do you get they dominated from start to finish? It was 7-0 with 1:30 left in the half. Perry had the ball 3rd and goal on the 1 and failed to get in twice! ( GREAT DEFENSE ON THE MAROONS PART I MUST ADD). They then throw a 81 yard bomb against a player out of position due to injury. So its 14-0 Pulaski at the half, and to be honest I knew at this point Perry was going to lay down and give up int he second half. But very simply put it could of been 7-7 going into the half.
Im not saying Perry was going to win, or was supposed to win. But to say they were completely dominated from start to finish is a huge untruth. Perry stopped Pulaski twice on 4th down in the 1st half and a fake punt.

One other thing I want to touch on is the amount of penalty's that cost Pulaski a chance at a blowout. You say they had so many false starts and offsides, how can this be blamed on the officials? Just because Pulaski jumped offsides or started early on offense 10 times, are the officials supposed to stop calling it because they've already thrown to many flags on them? That really makes no sense. I dont think anyone who watched would of argued any of the false start and encroachment calls.

Pulaski played a great game though, they deserved to win. There QB and #11 are a great combo. Where was #54? I saw them play earlier this year and was looking for him last night but didnt see him.

As far as the penalties are concerned, I was mainly upset with the unsportsmanlike conduct calls because none of them were initiated by Pulaski, except the out of bounds play on the Perry Central sideline, all the rest were initiated by Perry Central and the Pulaski players were just retaliating which is natural and the refs called it on Pulaski all but one time.

#54 is Logan Joseph and he was in a Car Wreck this past week and injured his back but, should hopefully be back for next weeks game.
csabo17 Wrote:How do you get they dominated from start to finish? It was 7-0 with 1:30 left in the half. Perry had the ball 3rd and goal on the 1 and failed to get in twice! ( GREAT DEFENSE ON THE MAROONS PART I MUST ADD). They then throw a 81 yard bomb against a player out of position due to injury. So its 14-0 Pulaski at the half, and to be honest I knew at this point Perry was going to lay down and give up int he second half. But very simply put it could of been 7-7 going into the half.

The score was absolutely no reflection as to how much Pulaski was dominating Perry in the first half. Remember, the only reason Perry was even on the goal line is because of a fumble at the Pulaski 19. Perry had 1 first down in the first half that was not by penalty. Huff was running for hid life all night. Once the adjustment was made on the inside shuttle pass, Perry's offense was non-existent. I would call that dominating from beginning to end. As for the flags, it wasn't that one team was being hosed, it was just a bad job all the way around by the refs. As was said before, some of the personal foul and unsportsmanlike penalties just made you scratch your head.
Let's not forget about 2 TDs that were called back by penalty on Pulaski as well. So, I would say it was a dominating performance by the Maroons from beginning to end.
If Perry Central dont find a decent runningback, they are going to get thrashed next year. NO POWERBACKS to be found in Perry County. Still NO DEFENSE in Perry County either.
Good season Dores
PC should cruise for 2 more rounds
Pages: 1 2 3