Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pulaski Co. 36 Perry Co. Central 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Im sure Perry will sport a great team next year, and next year is the year they wont slip at the end of the season, I feel perry can put a great run together, With Robinson, and your QB and your 3 good recievers returning, I say you guys can put together a 9-1, 8-2 season, just got to get things together.
Perry always slips at the end of the season. Were cursed.
Pride and Football Wrote:Im sure Perry will sport a great team next year, and next year is the year they wont slip at the end of the season, I feel perry can put a great run together, With Robinson, and your QB and your 3 good recievers returning, I say you guys can put together a 9-1, 8-2 season, just got to get things together.

I'd be fine with a 1-9 record with a win over Harlan County lol

J/K
zaga_fan Wrote:I'd be fine with a 1-9 record with a win over Harlan County lol

J/K

lol
zaga_fan Wrote:I'd be fine with a 1-9 record with a win over Harlan County lol

J/K

Zaga I know your joking but This is the problem with Perrys' fans, they are tickled to death to have a 7-4 season. Everyone is going to have to learn to set the bar higher and not be happy with a season like this year.
king360 Wrote:Zaga I know your joking but This is the problem with Perrys' fans, they are tickled to death to have a 7-4 season. Everyone is going to have to learn to set the bar higher and not be happy with a season like this year.

When I started at Perry a 7-4 season would have been good.
But my first 2 years we went 0-10 and 3-7.
It is definitely time to make a run.
Perry has enough talent in the school to field 2 teams.....
zaga_fan Wrote:When I started at Perry a 7-4 season would have been good.
But my first 2 years we went 0-10 and 3-7.
It is definitely time to make a run.
Perry has enough talent in the school to field 2 teams.....
that is anywhere if you could get them to play. and most just want's to stand on the sideline
Congrats Pulaski
Agreed Zaga, Perry has the team to go 10-0 if they wanted, and make it to the finals with the new Realignment, im sure Haddix will fix this, just give him time, next year would be the best year to fix it though, because you guys have a great talented senior class.
Pride and Football Wrote:Agreed Zaga, Perry has the team to go 10-0 if they wanted, and make it to the finals with the new Realignment, im sure Haddix will fix this, just give him time, next year would be the best year to fix it though, because you guys have a great talented senior class.

It's going to have to start up front. If PCC doesn't have an Oline, Huff and company will be in the same boat, cant run the ball without a Oline, and cant get the ball to the playmakers down field if you dont have time to get it there. I agree with you though, PCC has a lot of talent returning, but the O-line has to step it up.
MVP2 Wrote:It's going to have to start up front. If PCC doesn't have an Oline, Huff and company will be in the same boat, cant run the ball without a Oline, and cant get the ball to the playmakers down field if you dont have time to get it there. I agree with you though, PCC has a lot of talent returning, but the O-line has to step it up.

Especially since the Oline will be losing the Big Hoss Cat Dillon Cornett!
MVP2 Wrote:It's going to have to start up front. If PCC doesn't have an Oline, Huff and company will be in the same boat, cant run the ball without a Oline, and cant get the ball to the playmakers down field if you dont have time to get it there. I agree with you though, PCC has a lot of talent returning, but the O-line has to step it up.

We're losing alot of our Line. Dillion was a huge loss along with Axl Sizemore, Mitch Smith and John Deaton. I honestly hope next year's juniors and sophomores step up. Derrick Lutrell, Jared Deaton, and Corey Hoskins should be big contributors to our Line next year.
Perry Central's problem with the O-Line has always been that they have 2-4 good linemen but are always 1 or 2 good men away from being a compelete offensive line, happened all the way from the 2004 season until now, last time we had a full O-Line was 2003 when Al Holland was the QB. Hopefully we develop some of our younger guys into contributors. Jared Deaton will anchor the o-line next year, he's a hoss. As far as coaching goes, like him or hate him, Browne left the program in much better shape than he found it, and Haddix will continue to build upon that. We just have to develop our youth league programs within the county, they aren't what they were 5-10 years ago, and another thing is getting those kids to play in high school, my 8th grade team went 9-2 and out of the 35 or so kids on that team, only 5 or 6 made it through all 4 years of high school ball.
Perry Central will be fine next year. There is one thing i noticed that must change for next year. I hate to say this but the team was kinda soft. The line that Perry had should of been able to push opposing defenses back atleast 2 yards. So basically if my opinion on Passing plays they need to drive them back atleast 2 yards then pass block to give the QB time to throw. Teams Like Harlan and Whitley will basically punch you in the mouth and make you like it which happen this year. Harlan did for sure. Id say Whitley did too but not as bad as harlan did.
bac2369 Wrote:Perry Central will be fine next year. There is one thing i noticed that must change for next year. I hate to say this but the team was kinda soft. The line that Perry had should of been able to push opposing defenses back atleast 2 yards. So basically if my opinion on Passing plays they need to drive them back atleast 2 yards then pass block to give the QB time to throw. Teams Like Harlan and Whitley will basically punch you in the mouth and make you like it which happen this year. Harlan did for sure. Id say Whitley did too but not as bad as harlan did.

No, they are very soft. When Perry plays physical teams, they get punched in the mouth early and never respond.
What does Perry County pay their youth coaches? Middle school and on down to 6th and 4th?
Pride and Football Wrote:Agreed Zaga, Perry has the team to go 10-0 if they wanted, and make it to the finals with the new Realignment, im sure Haddix will fix this, just give him time, next year would be the best year to fix it though, because you guys have a great talented senior class.

If they wanted to? I am sure they wanted to this year. Everyone wants to go 10-0
You have to take care of your coaches at all levels. At least I think you do. I dont see how you can pay high school coaches big money and not pay your middle and gradeschool coaches NOTHING. The players are made and developed at the Lower Levels.
Yogibear Wrote:If they wanted to? I am sure they wanted to this year. Everyone wants to go 10-0

In the sense that you put enough time, effort, and money to show that you want to.
I know the youth league is volunteer. Id say the middle school is paid, but hes a big part of the varsity team too. So id say hes paid for that and volunteers the 7th-8th grade.
With that being said, most coaches do it for the kids and not the money. If you look at the time they put in compared to the money they get, they're working for peanuts.
csabo17 Wrote:With that being said, most coaches do it for the kids and not the money. If you look at the time they put in compared to the money they get, they're working for peanuts.
If your in to coaching for the money then you sure need to find a new hobby or leave east ky.
Pages: 1 2 3