Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lakers 112 Rockets 110
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from the Staples Center.

Pau Gasol & Kobe Bryant played really well, but the energy from Shannon Brown & Steve Blake off the bench won this one.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Final from the Staples Center.

Pau Gasol & Kobe Bryant played really well, but the energy from Shannon Brown & Steve Blake off the bench won this one.

These 2 will have big roles for the lakers coming of the bench this season
You beat me to posting this thread BCA :redboxer::biggrin:.
Kobe had 27, 7 assists, and 5 rebs.
Pau 29 & 11.
Lakers trailed for the first three quarters. Rockets made a nice run at the end and had a chance to tie or win.
Sadly, PP didn't see the floor tonight.
CardinalAlum Wrote:These 2 will have big roles for the lakers coming of the bench this season

Indeed.
Blake actually hit the go ahead 3, off a Kobe assist. Not bad for your first game as a Laker :Clap:
Patterson is on the inactive list, therefore he won't dress out.

I'd say if the Rockets suffer a injury to one of their big men (likely Yao), he'll be on the active roster.
Seen this on Twitter:

"Jordan Farmar wanted to start, Steve Blake wants to win"

Couldn't be more true.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Seen this on Twitter:

"Jordan Farmar wanted to start, Steve Blake wants to win"

Couldn't be more true.

Yeah.
I listened to Steve Blake talk after the game about what it felt like to be on the team that got their rings before the game and having to watch them.
He definitely wants to win one.
When he hit that 3 I woke my wife up lol
Lakers were really sloppy in this one.
They left a lot on the court but they left with the win.
They had a few new faces and you could tell Phil wanted to see how everyone worked together in their first game.
Vujacic and Ebanks didn't get any playing time but Phil will work them in as time goes by.
Kobe played decent but he was a leader as always.
Gasol played a good game but could have shot better.
Odom played very balanced as always.
The new guys did well.
Artest and Fisher played horrible.
It's good to get a W but we have a long way to go.
Should be a great season Wink
Wow, sounds like LA has a tough season going forward..
Rockets are pretty tough..
Steve Blake - BLAH!
Ballers Wrote:Steve Blake - BLAH!

He's hit more go ahead buckets than LeBron or D-Wade this year
zaga_fan Wrote:He's hit more go ahead buckets than LeBron or D-Wade this year

:please::lmao::thatsfunn
L.A. might as well played the 6'ers in their opening day...
zaga_fan Wrote:He's hit more go ahead buckets than LeBron or D-Wade this year

and kobe for that matter!!!
Did the Lakers play yesterday? I forgot all about them. Will they have a good team this year???
theVILLE Wrote:and kobe for that matter!!!

both of em have a win and that's all that matters Wink

Sorry about your overrated favorite team:Cheerlead
The 3 young stud of Miami could NOT hang with the 3 OLD guys ( well better make it 4 old guys...Shaq ) of Boston. Celtric looked quicker, faster and made the big shot. While Miami was trying to find who the go to guy was.
^ Celtic's fan, you guys better get a real grasp of what happened in that game yesterday and check your glee. The Heat shot horrible, 26% in the first half. The Heat never could get into a rhythm, and were even worse when D-Wade was on the floor. As miserable as the Heat players played, they made every butt in Boston pucker when the King carried the Heat on his back from as much as a 19 point deficit to within THREE with 60 seconds to go. The Heat were horrible, and not because they are horrible.

The Heat need D-Wade to run this team, and last night they tried to let him run the team. But he had 6 minutes, all of that in the opening preseason game of the year. Yet, as horrible as D-Wade was for no playing time; As horrible as the Heat's chemistry was because Wade had not played with this group; and as horrible as the Heat shot the entire game, all the Celtics fans think they just won something outstanding. It's laughable, that this team, being in the NBA finals 2 of the last three years, barely hung on to beat a team that played the worst game that they will ever, I mean EVER play again. Laud this game and make yourselves feel good (same for you Laker Fan), the gig is up, and the Heat are the new NBA Kings!
Ballers Wrote:L.A. might as well played the 6'ers in their opening day...

The Rockets are a solid team....And at least the Lakers looked like they knew how to play some team ball unlike the Heat.
Stardust Wrote:^ Celtic's fan, you guys better get a real grasp of what happened in that game yesterday and check your glee. The Heat shot horrible, 26% in the first half. The Heat never could get into a rhythm, and were even worse when D-Wade was on the floor. As miserable as the Heat players played, they made every butt in Boston pucker when the King carried the Heat on his back from as much as a 19 point deficit to within THREE with 60 seconds to go. The Heat were horrible, and not because they are horrible.

The Heat need D-Wade to run this team, and last night they tried to let him run the team. But he had 6 minutes, all of that in the opening preseason game of the year. Yet, as horrible as D-Wade was for no playing time; As horrible as the Heat's chemistry was because Wade had not played with this group; and as horrible as the Heat shot the entire game, all the Celtics fans think they just won something outstanding. It's laughable, that this team, being in the NBA finals 2 of the last three years, barely hung on to beat a team that played the worst game that they will ever, I mean EVER play again. Laud this game and make yourselves feel good (same for you Laker Fan), the gig is up, and the Heat are the new NBA Kings!

Talent alone doesn't win titles....Take last years Kentucky team for example..The Heat have no depth at all.
zaga_fan Wrote:both of em have a win and that's all that matters Wink

Sorry about your overrated favorite team:Cheerlead

JUst wait til they get some chemistry built! THey have played 3 minutes together, yeah 3 minutes! They cant have any chemistry built...
I think this is one of the only only times I agree with ville.. but the Heat, as the season goes will grow strong and will just make a mockery of the other teams..

the NBA is terrified.. And the fans of the other teams are as well.. That's where all this bashing is coming from..
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:The Rockets are a solid team....And at least the Lakers looked like they knew how to play some team ball unlike the Heat.

they have a whole new entire team almost..
Give em' a break..
theVILLE Wrote:JUst wait til they get some chemistry built! THey have played 3 minutes together, yeah 3 minutes! They cant have any chemistry built...
It will take a while. I honestly don't see the Heat getting out of the East.
Ballers Wrote:I think this is one of the only only times I agree with ville.. but the Heat, as the season goes will grow strong and will just make a mockery of the other teams..

the NBA is terrified.. And the fans of the other teams are as well.. That's where all this bashing is coming from..

This is laughable. The bashing is because LeBron's ego not how good this team can be. And no NBA team is scared of another.
As a Lakers fan, I'm not worried about the Heat. They don't have the size or depth to match up with LA. And as much as I want to see a Lakers/Heat final, it's not going to happen.
theVILLE Wrote:and kobe for that matter!!!

Why bring stupidity into every thread?
Aslan Wrote:Why bring stupidity into every thread?

Kobe may be hated on BGR....
but everyone else in the world hates Lebron lol
I had to re-read his statement a few times before I got it lol...
Aslan Wrote:It will take a while. I honestly don't see the Heat getting out of the East.

This is laughable. The bashing is because LeBron's ego not how good this team can be. And no NBA team is scared of another.
As a Lakers fan, I'm not worried about the Heat. They don't have the size or depth to match up with LA. And as much as I want to see a Lakers/Heat final, it's not going to happen.

Yeah I don't think it's gonna happen either..
Thunder and Sacramento are looking good..
They"ll probably be the ones to knock off L.A.. :eyeroll:
Ballers Wrote:Yeah I don't think it's gonna happen either..

Inorite?
Ballers Wrote:Yeah I don't think it's gonna happen either..

Doubt it....
Sacramento won't make the playoffs
Pages: 1 2