Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: SV Basketball Coach out???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I have heard numerous rumors that Jason Booher will be moving up to principal at the Valley and Greg Newsome will be coming over from Virgie to take over as the coach of the Wildcats starting next year or even as early as toward the end of this year...any truth to this???:theman:
Do not know but will this hurt how they play the rest of the year? Sometimes it is hard to play when you know your coach is leaving.
"polecat" Wrote:Do not know but will this hurt how they play the rest of the year? Sometimes it is hard to play when you know your coach is leaving.
I predicted this long ago. I said that is why he was holding back to try to get the high school job by having his freshmen play against the 8th graders.... I still think valley messed up by letting Rodney go. That will be something they wish they didnt do already. I think Valley is falling to the pressure that the 8th graders parents have been saying this year that if Booher was still there, Ashley and Tyler was going to go somewhere else to school. There isnt any reason at all why a principal cant be a basketball coach. Henry Webb was the principal at SF and there head basketball coach at SF. Maybe people think that players are bigger than the program at SV... hmmmmmmmmmmm
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:I predicted this long ago. I said that is why he was holding back to try to get the high school job by having his freshmen play against the 8th graders.... I still think valley messed up by letting Rodney go. That will be something they wish they didnt do already. I think Valley is falling to the pressure that the 8th graders parents have been saying this year that if Booher was still there, Ashley and Tyler was going to go somewhere else to school. There isnt any reason at all why a principal cant be a basketball coach. Henry Webb was the principal at SF and there head basketball coach at SF. Maybe people think that players are bigger than the program at SV... hmmmmmmmmmmm

That seems to be going around in the 15th.... but you forgot to include parents, players, and their egos are bigger than the program!
I don't think In Pike County you can be both like Henry was, but I am not positive.
[quote author=BasketBallonlyfan link=topic=16834.msg140002#msg140002 date=1136732253]
"polecat" Wrote:Do not know but will this hurt how they play the rest of the year? Sometimes it is hard to play when you know your coach is leaving.
I predicted this long ago.  I said that is why he was holding back to try to get the high school job by having his freshmen play against the 8th graders.... I still think valley messed up by letting Rodney go.  That will be something they wish they didnt do already.  I think Valley is falling to the pressure that the 8th graders parents have been saying this year that if Booher was still there, Ashley and Tyler was going to go somewhere else to school.  There isnt any reason at all why a principal cant be a basketball coach.  Henry Webb was the principal at SF and there head basketball coach at SF.  Maybe people think that players are bigger than the program at SV... hmmmmmmmmmmm
[/quotePersonally , I disagree with you on all points.
]It's a proven fact that the Hatfield kid will go to another school .
This is just one man's opinion , but , if that's the way they wanna roll , Ashley & Tyler...................ROLL ON.[/quote]
Afterall... it's not like Shelby Valley has a shortage of ball-handling guards.
Oh Yeah ,
I reckon that Rodney (wasn't let go) , he just stepped down to spend more time with his family,,,,,,,,,,,,,,right???
[quote author=BasketBallonlyfan link=topic=16834.msg140002#msg140002 date=1136732253]
I predicted this long ago.  I said that is why he was holding back to try to get the high school job by having his freshmen play against the 8th graders.... I still think valley messed up by letting Rodney go.  That will be something they wish they didnt do already.  I think Valley is falling to the pressure that the 8th graders parents have been saying this year that if Booher was still there, Ashley and Tyler was going to go somewhere else to school.  There isnt any reason at all why a principal cant be a basketball coach.  Henry Webb was the principal at SF and there head basketball coach at SF.  Maybe people think that players are bigger than the program at SV... hmmmmmmmmmmm
[/quote]
Yeah ,
And maybe some people think that the COACHES are bigger than the PROGRAMS at Shelby Valley......?

Program = Coaches + Players + Parents + Fans + Administration

And believe me ,  that is one hard equation...............

Because someone will add an unknown variable from  .......Oh , let's say ...Phelps  ,or Prestonsburg,
I'm just wandering , (I'm bad for that) , what is Taylor gonna do????
[quote author=basketballjones link=topic=16834.msg140060#msg140060 date=1136740843]
I don't think In Pike County you can be both like Henry was, but I am not positive.
[/quote]i believe that is state wide now thats the reason Henry stepped down
MOVE TO PHELPHS ???? :flame:
Tut...did you have to post like 5 times to clear up one thing...you could have just edited a post and put what all you wanted in it..no need for post padding..
C'mon, give Booher a break!!!  From what I have seen he has done a very good job.  Could it be that he is a Shelby Valley coach and not a Virgie coach?  Well deserving players from Dorton getting to play and getting the job done.  Would Greg Newsome give the Dorton boys a fair chance? Personally, I think he would but  I have heard that there are some hard feelings lingering from the County Tourney for a few years.  It's a shame Booher has to be caught between and Virgie and Dorton competition.  I think the kids from both schools would be fine if the parents could "GET OVER IT".
If booher does leave --- why not give Doe-Doe Rowe a chance ???
Or bring Rodney back.
Rodney would be great, but I thought he was no longer interested in coaching and that Doe-Doe would be a good choice.  Either one would be good for SV.  They are both well liked and respected around the 15th Region.
[quote author=basketballjones link=topic=16834.msg209564#msg209564 date=1142178358]
Or bring Rodney back.
[/quote]

Rodney Rowe is the best coach in the mountains. I bet the powers regret forcing him out. I would not coach at valley for $1,000,000 a year. Pike county is bad, but Valley is the worst.
Rodney is the best coach in the 15th and maybe Eastern Kentucky, well him and Spurlock. Give Rowe, Vanhoose and Tackett and see if he doesn't win state. Booher is terrible, he should've lost last year but Paintsville didn't make their free throws. And the only reason he went to the finals is because the Region is so weak this year. This guy is clueless on the court he gets most of his information from his assisstant (Moberly). Has no set offense what so ever. This is a case of the Pike County Board trying to get more money so they let Booher be the coach at SV. Greg Newsome would be even a worse mistake this guy gets players from all over and is always stacked I mean I could win state with them guys too. Valley has went down hill since Booher has been there, the school is flipped upside down and his own players will tell you this. SV adminstrators make me sick.
Lets make sure we get this straight.  Booher has been at SV for two years.  His first year, he won the region.  His second year, after 7 or 8 of his best players quit or refused to play for him, he is runner up in the region only losing by 3 points.  Playing mostly underclassmen and middle school players.  How many schools would complain about being a runner up and a regional tourney winner in two years with a new coach?  Give the man some credit.  He took a team that most quit from and almost went to the state tourney this year.  How many other teams in this region can have 7 or 8 key players quit and still be a contender?
His own players will tell u this bballfan, because how many other schools have basketball talent like SV?????  0
There always going to be there not matter who the coach is.
Booher should definatly stay...Taking that team to the championship game was really something...A coaching change would only start things over again and theres no need for that...
Isnt that the good part about living in America?  If you dont like something, you dont have to do it.  If his best upperclassmen dont want to play, so be it, he will take in-experienced underclassmen and almost win a regional title.  I just wonder if he would have won it if people would still be cutting on him over it?
Why do people act like Rodny Rowe was the best coach ever in the mountains? He only won 2 regional titles, and he quit on his team like 5 times in the middle of the seasons. He lost with a team in 2001 that was like 28-2 going into regional tourny at SV and lost in the 1st round. He lost in 2004 with the best talent.  He had losing records at SV a couple of years I believe. He's not that great people.
I wont say anything bad about Rodney at all.  He is a class act on the court and off the court.  But the fact is, the Rodney era is over.  People need to accept that.  Now it is the Booher era.  Yes he had players to quit.  The fact is, they most likely would have quit reguardless who the new coach was.  Players parents were the reason he was released and now that they dont like Booher, parents are trying to get him removed.  What happens if they do get a new coach next year, which I personally dont think they should.  Booher took SV farther than anyone thought they would go this year.  But if they did, what kind of job security would the new coach feel like he has?  If he didnt play the right people, he would be gone also. 
Players quit the team on Rowe just like as much as they did for Booher.
[quote author=NoWeakness link=topic=16834.msg209742#msg209742 date=1142188864]
His own players will tell u this bballfan, because how many other schools have basketball talent like SV?????  0
There always going to be there not matter who the coach is.
[/quote]

Why not keep him then?  1 regional title, 1 regional runner up deserves to stay..........
[quote author=Geraldo Rivera link=topic=16834.msg209771#msg209771 date=1142189847]
Players quit the team on Rowe just like as much as they did for Booher.
[/quote]

Not near as many players quit Rowe's team maybe one or two. Because with Rowe coaching they actually have a chance at beating Lexington comepetition and with anyone else coaching at Valley they will be lucky to win Region like they was last year.
Do you actually think that Rodney would take the job back after the way he was treated?
Let's see Rowe 3 Regional titles and a few district titles. Booher 1 Regional title because a free throw was missed and the second worst defeat at state by a 15th Region team which was 21 points. Let's see whos better Oldham County & Ballard or Henry Clays team last year. Umm I think I would go with OC and Ballard.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5