Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County vs Letcher County JV Monday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This game will be played at Harlan. Any predictions on this game?
Going to be a bloody in Harlan County!! Could go either way.
Good luck to both
BEARCUBS ROLL!!!!
Harlan by 99.
Letcher forfeits in mid-second quarter.

Cubs Win!!!!
Cubs Win!!
Wow
Well you was almost right the score was 32-8 at the half and then the start of the 3rd a brawl broke out which was a sad thing which could have been stopped quick but the bench clears for Letcher county and it was hard to control then, none of the Harlan players come off the sideline because they have been coached better. This could have been a good game the Letcher team has size and some good looking athletes but think they wanted to fight instead of play the hole game. Hopefully things get better for the Letcher fans cause this is a mountain team that I will root for but looks like the green "Jenkins" is looking better to be a part of than LCC.
bigguy989 Wrote:Well you was almost right the score was 32-8 at the half and then the start of the 3rd a brawl broke out which was a sad thing which could have been stopped quick but the bench clears for Letcher county and it was hard to control then, none of the Harlan players come off the sideline because they have been coached better. This could have been a good game the Letcher team has size and some good looking athletes but think they wanted to fight instead of play the hole game. Hopefully things get better for the Letcher fans cause this is a mountain team that I will root for but looks like the green "Jenkins" is looking better to be a part of than LCC.

So was Harlan Co. winning 32-8 when the fight started
YES!!!! they were thumping letcher ..:igiveup:
Yes, Harlan County Black Bears were dominating the Cougars. Cougars were frustrated. The Bears were running it up the gut, to the outside, passing some as well. The LCC QB had it rough getting big pressure every play and was sacked many many times. All this sparked the Cougars frustration into wanting to have extra activities after every play. LCC wanted to have a shoving match after every play and after an altercation the game was called. LCC didn't want to play football anymore, they wanted to fight, and seems to be having internal problems and a great deal of frustration both on the field and in the stands. I truly hope they get a grasp on it before the Cougars Program spins out of control. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!
zaga_fan Wrote:BEARCUBS ROLL!!!!
Harlan by 99.
Letcher forfeits in mid-second quarter.

Cubs Win!!!!
Cubs Win!!

This sounds about right. :Thumbs:
did anyone from both teams get ejected? LCC has lost all control of their football program. Good job black bears!!
BB CLAW Wrote:Yes, Harlan County Black Bears were dominating the Cougars. Cougars were frustrated. The Bears were running it up the gut, to the outside, passing some as well. The LCC QB had it rough getting big pressure every play and was sacked many many times. All this sparked the Cougars frustration into wanting to have extra activities after every play. LCC wanted to have a shoving match after every play and after an altercation the game was called. LCC didn't want to play football anymore, they wanted to fight, and seems to be having internal problems and a great deal of frustration both on the field and in the stands. I truly hope they get a grasp on it before the Cougars Program spins out of control. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!

If this is true which I am not doubting you. But this is very sad behavior from LCC. Sounds like they have a lot more problems than just varsity.
:argue:
kentuckynole Wrote:If this is true which I am not doubting you. But this is very sad behavior from LCC. Sounds like they have a lot more problems than just varsity.

It is true.

No one was ejected.

I believe these two teams play at least 4 more times including JV, Freshmen and Varsity.
3wishes Wrote::argue:

It is true.

No one was ejected.

I believe these two teams play at least 4 more times including JV, Freshmen and Varsity.

They better hope that no one sends that film to the KHSAA.
If things happened the way you say, how do any coaches from LCC have a job today? If things are so bad between the schools why do the A.D.s allow them to play in JV and freshman games? I understand varsity has to play, but not the others. It is going to keep going until someone gets hurt then the lawsuits will fly.
Forever Maroon Wrote:If things happened the way you say, how do any coaches from LCC have a job today? If things are so bad between the schools why do the A.D.s allow them to play in JV and freshman games? I understand varsity has to play, but not the others. It is going to keep going until someone gets hurt then the lawsuits will fly.

I don't think it has been like this before. We have a good rivalry with them, but it isn't a free-for-all every time the JV plays. I think probably their problems are spilling over this year and everybody's frustrated (my take on the situation anyways). After they got all their players back on the sideline and the coaches talked with the refs, two of their coaches were arguing LOUDLY with each other all they way back over to their sideline. Then, practically their entire fan section stood up and gave them a standing ovation for getting into a fight and clearing the bench! I couldn't believe they were applauding a big fight.
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:I don't think it has been like this before. We have a good rivalry with them, but it isn't a free-for-all every time the JV plays. I think probably their problems are spilling over this year and everybody's frustrated (my take on the situation anyways). After they got all their players back on the sideline and the coaches talked with the refs, two of their coaches were arguing LOUDLY with each other all they way back over to their sideline. Then, practically their entire fan section stood up and gave them a standing ovation for getting into a fight and clearing the bench! I couldn't believe they were applauding a big fight.

First I want to apologize to the players, coaches, parents in Harlan, I don't know what we have become here in Letcher County but it is a mess. Our players love to play Harlan, they are a hard hitting physical team, but they leave it on the field, as our boys have in the past and the problem last night was with the coaches-players-parents, not the football game at all. The standing ovation was for the parent (not a coach) telling the coach exactly what he needed to hear. I was disgusted by the fact that the LCC coaches did nothing to stop the players from going on to the field. We have always played with class and respect, but with our new coaching staff that element has left, as are a lot of our kids as you can see from our numbers, and after last night, a lot more are leaving at the end of this semester. Winning is not everything but your morals and ethics are, who we as parents allow to shape our boys in to men means way more than a W. The board members, the khsaa, the parents, somebody better be getting control of this situation.
Thanks GuRu for clearing that up about them applauding the parent that went out and not the boys for fighting...that makes me feel a lot better about it. It was awful all the way around and I hope when the varsity comes over to LCC to play on Oct. 1st we can have a fun, competitive, clean game that all sides can be proud of.
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:Thanks GuRu for clearing that up about them applauding the parent that went out and not the boys for fighting...that makes me feel a lot better about it. It was awful all the way around and I hope when the varsity comes over to LCC to play on Oct. 1st we can have a fun, competitive, clean game that all sides can be proud of.

AMEN!!!:Thumbs:
In all seriousness I'll take Letcher's JV by 20+
Aslan Wrote:In all seriousness I'll take Letcher's JV by 20+

your never serious !!!lol :ChairHit:
Really glad to hear a response about this and the applause to the parent is alot better. Hope all can be better the next time we play, LCC still has to come to Harlan on a freshman game and jv to LCC and the varsity on the 1st of Oct. Good luck fixing this one.
gUrU Wrote:First I want to apologize to the players, coaches, parents in Harlan, I don't know what we have become here in Letcher County but it is a mess. Our players love to play Harlan, they are a hard hitting physical team, but they leave it on the field, as our boys have in the past and the problem last night was with the coaches-players-parents, not the football game at all. The standing ovation was for the parent (not a coach) telling the coach exactly what he needed to hear. I was disgusted by the fact that the LCC coaches did nothing to stop the players from going on to the field. We have always played with class and respect, but with our new coaching staff that element has left, as are a lot of our kids as you can see from our numbers, and after last night, a lot more are leaving at the end of this semester. Winning is not everything but your morals and ethics are, who we as parents allow to shape our boys in to men means way more than a W. The board members, the khsaa, the parents, somebody better be getting control of this situation.
I'm glad you cleared up the applauding part. We've never had any problems playing LCC like this, always a good game. Hope you guys can group together and get Cougar Football back to what it was. Best wishes to the players and parents!
Aslan Wrote:In all seriousness I'll take Letcher's JV by 20+

This game was played yesterday, Aslan.
Harlan dominated lol
Put pucket in the bucket
Letcher Central is turning into a JOKE! I am going to send my kids to Jenkins. I have been a LCC fan since it's inception but I have lost all respect for that school system as well as the school and it's athletic department. I realize that Jenkins isn't that strong right now but they are young. They only have two seniors on their team and Jenkins JV and Middle School teams are much more competitive with the teams of their respective districts than LCC or their consolidated middle school team. At least they have a coach who cares about the players. You wait, in 5 years time people are going to set up there on the hill with their top notch facility and look around to see empty bleachers and a loss on the scoreboard.
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:I don't think it has been like this before. We have a good rivalry with them, but it isn't a free-for-all every time the JV plays. I think probably their problems are spilling over this year and everybody's frustrated (my take on the situation anyways). After they got all their players back on the sideline and the coaches talked with the refs, two of their coaches were arguing LOUDLY with each other all they way back over to their sideline. Then, practically their entire fan section stood up and gave them a standing ovation for getting into a fight and clearing the bench! I couldn't believe they were applauding a big fight.

Yeah thats real classy isn't it? I'm fed up with LCC football!
zaga_fan Wrote:This game was played yesterday, Aslan.
Harlan dominated lol

Dang.
Easy now LetcherCentral23, my middle school team is pretty competitive with everyone and we haven't done anything wrong at our level. I would dare you to ask my kids if they think that I care about them or not. And I do agree with you, Larry will have that team at Jenkins playing well in the short future and he's a great coach and better person.
Pages: 1 2