Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sheldon Clark 12 Lawrence County 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Great game overall. Nice game for the cards and way to put that game plan to use. LC needs to work on the penalty's and finish drives. Learn from the drive killers like SC did last week. Great games all now both move on and go deep in the playoffs. See ya next year in a district game.:Thumbs:
LC was inside the ten at least two and maybe three times without scoring and then ended at the 25 with nothing to show for it. Just couldn't finish tonight.
Cards finally get a signature win. Big victory as the toughest 3A District in the state gets a little tighter.
Truly was a great game just wasn't to be for the dawgs.
sc, belfry, pc has to be the toughest district in the state. man you gotta love mountain football congrats cards on big win
305 total yards for LC according to the radio. They didn't give the stats for Sheldon Clark.
Sounds like this one was a great game. Congrats Cards!
Last two years from this game. LC 42 SC 42. Sure shows that they are very even and that in this rival game you can throw everything out like I'd been saying. Wish I could have made the trip. Great game and Congrats to the CARDS. Both need to get ready for that playoff run. LC begins district play next week at home against East Carter.
Great game Sheldon Clark. It just wasn't meant to be for LC tonight. Sheldon Clark did a good job. Stepp threw a beautiful TD pass nearing the end of the first half. LC was having some success on offense but Sheldon Clark made the stops they needed to win the game.
It was like night and day for SC compared to last week. This week they scored on their last drive to end the half instead of coming up short to end the first and start the second, both times getting inside the five. This week LC turns around and gets deep to end the half without anything to show and does it another two times as well. Just one heck of a game and as much as SC deserved this game due to the way they played, LC didn't deserve it due to their execution. Had the chances just couldn't do anything with it. I can't wait until these two teams can start meeting in the playoffs again.
good win by the cards.. LC had there chance.. and if any sc fan gets on here talking trash about LC i am sorry because LC gave them all they wanted and more..
I honestly think if these two played ten times each would win five. They may only win on their own fields but they would each more than likely take five a piece.
Great job by the SC defense and playing the likes of Collins, Breathitt County, Frankfort and Johnson Central is beginning to pay off and if not mistaken the defense led LC to 59 points below their average but it was a big win for the Cards and best of luck to the Dawgs the rest of the season.:Clap::Clap::Clap:
Congrats Cards on a great win...this game was an instant classic and was enjoyable from start to finish..LC had their chances to win many many times but just didn't execute. Good luck to SC from here on out and LC needs to get ready for East Carter. GO DAWGS!!!!!
I said last week that I thought the difference would be the location and the schedules. However, this game will certainly help both teams going forward.
CatDawg Wrote:I said last week that I thought the difference would be the location and the schedules. However, this game will certainly help both teams going forward.

It seems whichever team is the home team wins the game. 6 point difference last year and this year.
Got updates all game long from my buddy, CardinalAlum. Sounded like a defensive battle, which I expected.

Congrats Cardinals!!!
Shows how balanced these two teams are, reminds me of the 90's.
Congrats to the Cards....Dawgs, you played well just improve on the mistakes and keep on rolling through the season!!!!
That is true monster energy. This was a very hard fought game and could have went either way. I am a sc fan and I must say this is one of the best qb I have seen this year. I believe both teams left it all on the field. I also believe these teams will make a good showing in the playoffs. Good luck to both teams the rest of the year. Let's go cards and beat them blackcats next week.
wow that was a heck of a game,good job cards way to put the dawgs back on the porch.
congrats cards
im not saying this to get anything started just trying to make a point.. everytime LC had a chance to take control of the game they choked.. and everytime i thought to myself this is the first time they have been in this position all year and SC has been in 2 tuff games already this year and lost both.. the Breathitt county game and the JC game really helped these cardinals and i think thats why they came out with the win.. But on the other hand now LC can learn from this and build on this loss and when it comes to playoff time they will be ready for the close games..
Congrats Cards. LC will get better as they go.
This was a very hard fought game for both teams really great game from both lc and sc congrads to cards and good luck with the rest go cards
Grats to the cards.
WOW, what a tremendous HS football game! Two exellent teams playing their hearts out,was wonderful to watch.In such a hard faught game both teams showed outstanding sportsmanship. Saw numerous occasions when players helped opposing players up,both teams fans cheered hard but were respectful of each other.Just an outstanding example of how a football Friday night should be.Have to say that if anyone doesnt respect SC coach Hager they are crazy, he can get a gameplan to slow down the other team as good as any as he has shown the past 2 weeks. SC just out executed LC and that was the difference. Just a great football game, both these teams will go far into the playoffs. Congratulations to SC, Dawgs hold your head high and mow through the rest of the season! It will be great if these 2 teams can be in the same district next season,will be great for EKY football. I have to agree that if these 2 teams were to play 10 games it would be very even.:Cheerlead
Best rivalry in eastern Kentucky hands down.
everybody got there moneys worth at this one great job cards.
Well I guess I have to eat my words,I figured SC would win this by 2 or 3 TDs,boy was I wrong LC is a very good FB team,they proved that tonight,they may not have played a very tough schedule but that dont matter,they showed up tonight and boy what a game it was.I am glad SC won but they had thier hands full.Great game LC and SC.Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.
Pages: 1 2 3 4