Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sheldon Clark 12 Lawrence County 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
roots rod Wrote:Crum #1, had a fifteen yard head start and the angle, none the less Crum saved a td. It was a good thing Crum tackled Skyles from the side because we all know what happened when he tried in front , he received a new helmet compliments of KP Skyles!

I do believe O'Brian from LC returned the favor a quarter later.
Grats SC
havent been on in a couple of days and just looked at this thread and man the only thing i can say is Both LC and SC has alot of class. I love to see fans support their teams in a classy way..
StrayBullet Wrote:I do believe O'Brian from LC returned the favor a quarter later.
He sure did on a 4th and 5 play, good thing KP had his rib protector on! There was some good hits on both sides of the ball, good game to watch and LISTEN to, I don't know where you sit but I'm sure you heard the pads popping too.LC had chances to win and SC didn't fold. As far as being fast, KP is fast and LC showed they had some speed also, but you can ask Crum his forty time and see if it is close to a 4.44, because I really do not know, I do know that a 4.6 guy can catch a 4.4 guy if he takes the right angle and enough real estate, and from last night the LC defense showed that they were coached very well on persuit. By the way Crum and KP both got each others respect, after the game both congratulated each other on good games and wished each teams good luck in the playoffs I'm sure both will root for the other. Both teams seemed to respect each other, very good sportsmanship showed by both teams. Good luck to THE DAWGS and coach Salmons from here on out.:rockon:
roots rod Wrote:He sure did on a 4th and 5 play, good thing KP had his rib protector on! There was some good hits on both sides of the ball, good game to watch and LISTEN to, I don't know where you sit but I'm sure you heard the pads popping too.LC had chances to win and SC didn't fold. As far as being fast, KP is fast and LC showed they had some speed also, but you can ask Crum his forty time and see if it is close to a 4.44, because I really do not know, I do know that a 4.6 guy can catch a 4.4 guy if he takes the right angle and enough real estate, and from last night the LC defense showed that they were coached very well on persuit. By the way Crum and KP both got each others respect, after the game both congratulated each other on good games and wished each teams good luck in the playoffs I'm sure both will root for the other. Both teams seemed to respect each other, very good sportsmanship showed by both teams. Good luck to THE DAWGS and coach Salmons from here on out.:rockon:

At least some people get it. Great post.
I was wrong about SC, they are solid.
congrats to SC, they played very well. should say congrats to the Bulldogs as well. they proved they can play with a very good football team. need to clean up the loose ends. take away a penalty here a bad play there and it would have been different. with that being said, there are no woulda, shoulda, coulda in football. lota trash thrown before the game but it nice to see this post. though i'm a dawg fan, i always find myself pulling for SC the other nine games. Good luck the rest of the way Cards, you earned one here. LC, heads high, finish the season knowing you came out of this one a play or two from defeating a very physical and athletic team. use this to improve and you'll find yourselves deep into the playoffs.
roots rod Wrote:He sure did on a 4th and 5 play, good thing KP had his rib protector on! There was some good hits on both sides of the ball, good game to watch and LISTEN to, I don't know where you sit but I'm sure you heard the pads popping too.LC had chances to win and SC didn't fold. As far as being fast, KP is fast and LC showed they had some speed also, but you can ask Crum his forty time and see if it is close to a 4.44, because I really do not know, I do know that a 4.6 guy can catch a 4.4 guy if he takes the right angle and enough real estate, and from last night the LC defense showed that they were coached very well on persuit. By the way Crum and KP both got each others respect, after the game both congratulated each other on good games and wished each teams good luck in the playoffs I'm sure both will root for the other. Both teams seemed to respect each other, very good sportsmanship showed by both teams. Good luck to THE DAWGS and coach Salmons from here on out.:rockon:

:Clap::Thumbs::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:
The Contrarian Wrote:I agree, those two run-downs were a very signigicant factor in the outcome of the game. However, there was another contribution that KP made, and that was the long run that set up one of the touchdowns. This young man is not only a power runner but also has tremendous speed.

I've heard that he runs a 4.2 forty!

Correction of the 4.2 forty; It should have been 4.4! Maybe I should get someone else to proof read my typing?
Top ten game.
Whew..... L.C. and S.C. always play hard against each other and it was great game!!! Great Sportsmanship and Fans in the stands!!! Congrats S.C.!! Now lets get ready for our first district game against East Carter Dawgs!!!
Best game in the Mountains so far this year!!!
yes you are correct.. back in the summer K.P ran a 4.44 fourty yard dash..his 100m is pretty insane too...
The Contrarian Wrote:Correction of the 4.2 forty; It should have been 4.4! Maybe I should get someone else to proof read my typing?

OI think whoever timed this young man had a slow watch. Do you realize that 4.4 speed is absolutely flying. You're talking Randy Moss speed. I don't think anyone in eastern Ky runs a 4.4
White Feather Wrote:OI think whoever timed this young man had a slow watch. Do you realize that 4.4 speed is absolutely flying. You're talking Randy Moss speed. I don't think anyone in eastern Ky runs a 4.4

He is fast. Randy Moss has other attributes other than speed such as height, reach, and great hands. Randy Moss plays in the NFL but I can guarentee Kp is stronger with a 350lb bench press.
http://nationalunderclassmen.ning.com/pr...e=activity
Heres the combine from his sophmore year.
http://rise.espn.go.com/football/article...tucky.aspx
White Feather Wrote:OI think whoever timed this young man had a slow watch. Do you realize that 4.4 speed is absolutely flying. You're talking Randy Moss speed. I don't think anyone in eastern Ky runs a 4.4

NUC football combine lazered KP at a 4.52 as a sophmore, Marshall University camp in june kp clocked 4.44 in the 40, and he has timed at 4.42 at another combine in N.C. in early july. This kid is fast thats why Marshall, UK, WVU and several others are interested in him. Randy Moss holds the record at Marshall with a 40 time of 4.29. Skyles is also very strong benches 350lbs. and squats 450lbs. By the way there is another EKY player who runs a legite 4.4 forty, Corey Davenport from Bell Co. , you are right that 4.4 is flying, the fact that both have been tested in other places ,besides their respective coaches, teamates, brothers, parents,etc.,makes me believe their times are legite.:Thumbs:
I think if one saw Skyles on the two run-downs of sure TDs last Friday night, one would definitely be a believer in his tremendous speed. He was a least 15 yards behind but closed the gap very rapidly. This didn't happen once, but twice. Moreover I would think that those that saw the Somerset game last year would attest to Skyles' speed.

Taking into consideration the offense that SC runs, he doesn't get as many opportunities to demonstrate his speed as most would like. But maybe there will be a few surprises going forward.
roots rod Wrote:NUC football combine lazered KP at a 4.52 as a sophmore, Marshall University camp in june kp clocked 4.44 in the 40, and he has timed at 4.42 at another combine in N.C. in early july. This kid is fast thats why Marshall, UK, WVU and several others are interested in him. Randy Moss holds the record at Marshall with a 40 time of 4.29. Skyles is also very strong benches 350lbs. and squats 450lbs. By the way there is another EKY player who runs a legite 4.4 forty, Corey Davenport from Bell Co. , you are right that 4.4 is flying, the fact that both have been tested in other places ,besides their respective coaches, teamates, brothers, parents,etc.,makes me believe their times are legite.:Thumbs:

Looks like the kid has legit credentials. Looking forward to seeing him play this week. Good luck to the young man.
He may want to rethink his future, track stars really can have very long careers. Look at Tyson Gay.
Panther Thunder Wrote:What? I'll talk about LC all I want. Pikeville is not very good, but they play a tough non-district schedule. And I know, it was made when LC was down, but realistically Pikeville hasn't been overly-competitive in 5-6 years and that has not deterred them from challenging themselves. A middle of the road Class A team should not have a comparable schedule to a 4A school. The opposite applies for baseball, Pikeville was fairly good and played a pitiful schedule. I wish we would have played a tougher one. And I only was using this as a reference to why IMO SC had an advantage, IN THIS ONE ASPECT, from having played in tough games already.

Yea, add Pikeville in their current state and that'll do the SoS trick. And trust me, I know how it works. We get taken to the woodshed every now and then.

And you are gonna bring the Noles into it? That is relevant. My signature references the stretch from 1987-2000 when they were voted in the final AP poll in the top 5 every season. So, basically you are saying I'm out of touch, when in reality you have no clue what it is referencing. You are correct, they are in a downward spiral, but it isn't going to change my loyalty to the program. But I guess I should do the right thing and jump on the UF bandwagon, right? That's the spirit, only root for the good teams!

When a program touches that 14 straight top 5 seasons streak, you can make a response to this. Hopefully you will still have your BGR account in 30+ years.

Glad you're loyal, you're still more than a tad askew on your assessment of area high school football.
Keep rooting for FSU and Pikeville, I personally cheer for both when they're not playing my teams.
But, no, the current Pikeville would not satisfy any SoS experts here and after the current LC blasted them they would hear the SOS about their schedule.
And if you do look for a bandwagon in college ball, I would not go UF... for a number of reasons that this board doesn't have enough room to list.
sstack Wrote:My conclusion is and was sound. I picked SC to win by 4 (not to win in a blow out). I thought that it would be a close game and SC's tougher schedule would help them pull off the win. I did not state that this game was going to be a blow out, but that you see teams in the playoffs with 0-1 loss and they think they are great. But, come playoffs they get beat bad. I think a tough schedule helps more, even if you come out with a few loses. Good D does produce good games, but if your D puts up good numbers up only agianst poor competition, it does not mean you are going to produce a good game agianst better competition. A record can be inflated if a 4A team picks up most or all their wins from 1,2 and 3A teams. I like to go with the team that has proven they can play (and beat) the teams in their own class or larger(there are the obvious lower class teams that are proven winners that can be a quality win). And no, the pastings you mentioned did not make them soft, but it did nothing to make them better.
I never said or felt LC or SC is a bad team. They both seem to be quality teams this year(only time will tell). Best of luck to both.

And many teams go 5-5 with a "tough" slate (which is a COMPLETELY arbitrary and unprovable value assignment thrown around by self-appointed experts) and get torched in the playoffs as well.
As clearly demonstrated earlier, the reasoning flawed as shown by the result of the game - Sheldon Clark barely beat LC, period. NO MATTER WHICH TEAM HAD PLAYED ANY OTHER LEADING UP TO THE GAME.
X must be weak because they played, y and z, so therefore they will lose to a because they played and got thumped by b, and lost close games to c and e cannot be true because it is falsified by every upset that ever occurs.
If your assessment is true, then neither SC, LC nor Central are any good at all because a close loss to JC and a tight win over LC are SC's calling cards and then JC got pasted by a "TRULY strong team" in Bell Co.
Which, by your reasoning must be WAY better than Boyle because Boyle barely survived JC, which according to your logic isn't any good because they got blasted by Bell.
In reality, football is a game of matchups and because of those factors which are hard to quantify it is tough to truly say this team is that much tougher than the other unless they've actually played.
Even then, there could be many factors influencing the outcome and you could get a totally different result the very next time the same two teams play.
Nice talking with you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4