Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland @ Greenup Co. 9/10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thoughts/Prediction??
This thread will get real ugly.
Jarons Wrote:This thread will get real ugly.

Which is why I wondered how there wasnt one already.....
GC wins this one big, the days of Raceland beating Greenup are over.
This will be a great game to watch. The stands will be full on both sides of the field and the atmosphere the best Football Friday night has to offer. Raceland has an excellent coaching staff and will be well prepared to find and exploit any weaknesses in the Greenup County game plan. Raceland has something to prove this year and their boys will really be up for the game. Both teams have some great playmakers and their teams will have to play perfect games in order to win. I hope both teams stay injury free, and of course, that GC comes out on top.
Musketeer Wrote:This will be a great game to watch. The stands will be full on both sides of the field and the atmosphere the best Football Friday night has to offer. Raceland has an excellent coaching staff and will be well prepared to find and exploit any weaknesses in the Greenup County game plan. Raceland has something to prove this year and their boys will really be up for the game. Both teams have some great playmakers and their teams will have to play perfect games in order to win. I hope both teams stay injury free, and of course, that GC comes out on top.

I agree with you except for the bolded. This is one of the few things I miss about living in NEKY. So many schools so close together, which makes for many good hard fought games, big crowds and short drives. I wish I could make in for all these games involving Raceland, Russell, Greenup Co. etc. Always a good game to watch regardless of the records.
Tbomb Wrote:GC wins this one big, the days of Raceland beating Greenup are over.
We probably ought to figure out how to get enough kids out to fill a JV team before we start pronouncing future dominance over anyone. With that aside, I think that our Musketeers are 14 points better this season. Can't wait for the kickoff!
OU812 Wrote:We probably ought to figure out how to get enough kids out to fill a JV team before we start pronouncing future dominance over anyone. With that aside, I think that our Musketeers are 14 points better this season. Can't wait for the kickoff!
Dont worry, Bell Co and alot of schools are having #'s problems also, but they continue to win. Its not the quanity as much as it is the quality of what you have.
OU812 Wrote:We probably ought to figure out how to get enough kids out to fill a JV team before we start pronouncing future dominance over anyone. With that aside, I think that our Musketeers are 14 points better this season. Can't wait for the kickoff!

I agree with your post. Greenup has the better team this year and probably wins this one by 2 scores. I also agree that a 4A school that can only muster approximately 9 Freshman and Sophomores has questions and problems that need to be addressed. Raceland on the other hand seems to be loaded with young talent. I believe they have 2 Freshman starting on defense. I don't know if they are studs or play out of necessity. I believe they have a few Sophomores starting as well. I'm not an expert on either team but this year does point towards Greenup. We can't worry about next year but it is fun to speculate. At this point you would have to give the advantage to Raceland for next year.
Kosar Wrote:Dont worry, Bell Co and alot of schools are having #'s problems also, but they continue to win. Its not the quanity as much as it is the quality of what you have.

What's the old saying? It doesn't matter how many they dress, they can only put 11 out there at a time.
Esse Quam Videre Wrote:What's the old saying? It doesn't matter how many they dress, they can only put 11 out there at a time.

Hopefully a winning season will bring out some new players next year. Greenup will need to find a lot of new talent to replace the huge senior class. It will be tough to carry this year's momentum into next year with district realignment Ashland and Johnson Central will both be in same district as Greenup. Bell will no longer be a threat as they will be 3a.
Musketeer Wrote:Hopefully a winning season will bring out some new players next year. Greenup will need to find a lot of new talent to replace the huge senior class. It will be tough to carry this year's momentum into next year with district realignment Ashland and Johnson Central will both be in same district as Greenup. Bell will no longer be a threat as they will be 3a.

Now, there is CovCath, Highlands, LexCath as well as JC and Ashland in the region.
Tbomb Wrote:GC wins this one big, the days of Raceland beating Greenup are over.

I highly doubt that Greenup wins this game next year or the year after based on GC's roster. I do think that it is a shame that so many in Lloyd base their season on defeating a 1A program. When GC bases their success on beating equal classed teams and winning their District and Region, then they will be a success. But to put so much emphasis on a non-district smaller school seems funny to me. No wonder Raceland enjoys beating Greenup. It won't happen this year but it will start back up again next year, write it down.
GC
raceland by 6.
raceland
Esse Quam Videre Wrote:I highly doubt that Greenup wins this game next year or the year after based on GC's roster. I do think that it is a shame that so many in Lloyd base their season on defeating a 1A program. When GC bases their success on beating equal classed teams and winning their District and Region, then they will be a success. But to put so much emphasis on a non-district smaller school seems funny to me. No wonder Raceland enjoys beating Greenup. It won't happen this year but it will start back up again next year, write it down.

Who said anything about basing the season on this one game?? This game is just another game on the schedule. This season is based on wins and losses, Raceland is the one who has had a couple of good seasons and you would think they had won the super bowl. Its always fun to beat a school that is located in close proximity to you. Thats called school rivalry regardless of what size the school is. It has always been that way, and will continue to be that way. So I dont know who your talking to in Lloyd that has told you that the whole season comes down to this one game, but they have obviously been misinformed. Sorry to burst your bubble, but Raceland isnt really that important to anyone besides people from there. Its funny actually that you made the statement above because it just shows how egotistical you are.

Getting light years ahead of yourself.....aren't you?
GC_alltheway Wrote:Who said anything about basing the season on this one game?? This game is just another game on the schedule. This season is based on wins and losses, Raceland is the one who has had a couple of good seasons and you would think they had won the super bowl. Its always fun to beat a school that is located in close proximity to you. Thats called school rivalry regardless of what size the school is. It has always been that way, and will continue to be that way. So I dont know who your talking to in Lloyd that has told you that the whole season comes down to this one game, but they have obviously been misinformed. Sorry to burst your bubble, but Raceland isnt really that important to anyone besides people from there. Its funny actually that you made the statement above because it just shows how egotistical you are.
Now you are grasping the concept. You have to have ego and swagger to be good. We don"t go into games hoping to win. we go in believing and knowing we are going to win.
GC_alltheway Wrote:Who said anything about basing the season on this one game?? This game is just another game on the schedule. This season is based on wins and losses, Raceland is the one who has had a couple of good seasons and you would think they had won the super bowl. Its always fun to beat a school that is located in close proximity to you. Thats called school rivalry regardless of what size the school is. It has always been that way, and will continue to be that way. So I dont know who your talking to in Lloyd that has told you that the whole season comes down to this one game, but they have obviously been misinformed. Sorry to burst your bubble, but Raceland isnt really that important to anyone besides people from there. Its funny actually that you made the statement above because it just shows how egotistical you are.

I am not pulling for either team. I am actually a GC grad. I know many people from your area and your school and I know for a fact that many are excited to finally have a win streak started against Raceland. I am not egotistical for saying it's funny that some GC fans and players say what they have to me. I just always remind them that it was embarrassing to us to even play them when I attended GC.
Now, I agree about the intra-county rivalry thing but I stand by what I have been told by current and recent former players as well as parents of players from GC. It may not reflect all of GC fans but you'd be suprised how many do say it. Yes, Raceland probably does get excited about beating a 4A intra-county rival. Why wouldn't they? No normal 1A school should be considered a favorite in this series as much as they have recently. GC should always be the favorite and should win 90% of the time.

Speaking of busting bubbles, ask the coaching staff of any team playing a non-district game and they'll tell you that they want to win but they really don't care much about the other school. So, to tell me that GC doesn't care about Raceland and the only people that care about Raceland, live there.......well that is pretty much a given in almost every game in every city/town. But thanks for letting me know how you feel about part of your county. I hope we don't have to play you anytime soon, I'd hate to think you might dislike where we are from.............
Greenup will use the homefield to their advantage to come out on top
Esse Quam Videre Wrote:I highly doubt that Greenup wins this game next year or the year after based on GC's roster. I do think that it is a shame that so many in Lloyd base their season on defeating a 1A program. When GC bases their success on beating equal classed teams and winning their District and Region, then they will be a success. But to put so much emphasis on a non-district smaller school seems funny to me. No wonder Raceland enjoys beating Greenup. It won't happen this year but it will start back up again next year, write it down.

We beat the Rams 7 years in a row before they had a little success, lets not forget that fact. Should be a good game, with GC chalking up another win. Wish we were at full strength for this game also, but we have enough to get the job done. The Rams probaly want to beat us as bad as they want to beat Russell and Ashland, after Friday they will have to wait till the last game of the season, which they should beat the Devils if they stay healthy. Good luck to both teams.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Getting light years ahead of yourself.....aren't you?
Devils could'nt do it and I don't think the Rams have much of a chanch this season either, the Rams fans need to face this fact, besides Fairview will chew you up also this year also, Rams are not as physical as Greenup County and you all have a weak line this year, which is GC strength. Hope to see you at the game, I will be wearing a GC hat and shirt, so look for me.:thatsfunn
Stardust Wrote:Greenup will use the homefield to their advantage to come out on top
Homefield advantage is always a positive Stardust and will take care of its self.
GC takes the tri fecta
GC by 21
64cat Wrote:GC takes the tri fecta

Whose the third? Do you possibly mean the daily double?
old warrior Wrote:We beat the Rams 7 years in a row before they had a little success, lets not forget that fact. Should be a good game, with GC chalking up another win. Wish we were at full strength for this game also, but we have enough to get the job done. The Rams probaly want to beat us as bad as they want to beat Russell and Ashland, after Friday they will have to wait till the last game of the season, which they should beat the Devils if they stay healthy. Good luck to both teams.

Again, no dog in the fight and I am a GC alum who played sports. GC should win this game 9 out of 10 times but they don't. I have chosen GC to win this game by atleast 2 TD's. But, I know that with the current and future roster that GC has, they will not sustain this year's success. This is sad and unfortunate. A one year success does not tradition make. Baseball and cheerleading are GC's claim to fame and the once Ward led basketball team. Football has had 4 or 5 really good years since 1975? Give me sustained winning years and then I'll drink your kool-aid. Until then, it is what it is, a one hit wonder. I'll look for the 2010 Musketeers on VH-1. :biggrin:
old warrior Wrote:We beat the Rams 7 years in a row before they had a little success, lets not forget that fact. Should be a good game, with GC chalking up another win. Wish we were at full strength for this game also, but we have enough to get the job done. The Rams probaly want to beat us as bad as they want to beat Russell and Ashland, after Friday they will have to wait till the last game of the season, which they should beat the Devils if they stay healthy. Good luck to both teams.
You really did smoke too much of that peace pipe.

GC will run all over Raceland. It won't be close.As far as Raceland beating Russell, again I don't think it will be close. Raceland is going to struggle to stop either of those teams running games. The rams are just too young in too many spots.
Pages: 1 2 3