Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland @ Greenup Co. 9/10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
FBALL Wrote:You really did smoke to much of that peace pipe.

GC will run all over Raceland. It won't be close.As far as Raceland beating Russell, again I don't think it will be close. Raceland is going to struggle to stop either of those teams running games. The rams are just too young in too many spots.

I agree.
This will be a great football game with 2 good teams and Neighbors. IF you are the area come watch for you self.
headstock Wrote:This will be a great football game with 2 good teams and Neighbors. IF you are the area come watch for you self.

I agree. This game always brings out lots of fans and is big on atmosphere and excitement.
FBALL Wrote:You really did smoke to much of that peace pipe.

GC will run all over Raceland. It won't be close.As far as Raceland beating Russell, again I don't think it will be close. Raceland is going to struggle to stop either of those teams running games. The rams are just too young in too many spots.

Didn't you say that last year? maybe we should just concede the games to Greenup and the Evils??? Is thatwhat you are saying?
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Didn't you say that last year? maybe we should just concede the games to Greenup and the Evils??? Is thatwhat you are saying?
This isn't last year.

Its not in your nature to concede. You are way to stubborn.

No that is not what I'm saying you acrimonious curmudgeon. I'm saying you will struggle to stop both teams. there is no certainty to this. Just my opinion which you know is always right.
old warrior Wrote:We beat the Rams 7 years in a row before they had a little success, lets not forget that fact. Should be a good game, with GC chalking up another win. Wish we were at full strength for this game also, but we have enough to get the job done. The Rams probaly want to beat us as bad as they want to beat Russell and Ashland, after Friday they will have to wait till the last game of the season, which they should beat the Devils if they stay healthy. Good luck to both teams.

Old Warrior,
Do you know who the coach was when those 7 victories took place? Seems to me that once he left, the other team in the series (where he ended up) won 4 in a row.....
I do think GC we will the game this year because of their size and strength, but the Rams will battle till the end. I am hoping to go see a good game on friday and hope both teams stay away from injuries.
I see the Musketels aren't getting in love from the cantrall ratings. 27th out of 38 teams in 4A. Sorry to say I won't be at the game friday. I am in Mississippi for training.....Won't get back until the game is over. Should be a big "W" for the Rams!!! WoooooHoooo!!
FBALL Wrote:This isn't last year.

Its not in your nature to concede. You are way to stubborn.

No that is not what I'm saying you acrimonious curmudgeon. I'm saying you will struggle to stop both teams. there is no certainty to this. Just my opinion which you know is always right.

FBALL, noone pats you on the back more than yourself.:notworthy I love your ferver for your team and Ram-A-Devil, I'd like to party with you. :biggrin: I don't have a favorite team in Northeastern KY but you two are great fans. I want to spar with you guys on here. :rockon:
GC should beat someone before we start claiming this to be a turnaround season. Yes GC has won 2 BUT both games were against smaller schools and both games could have went either way. Even if they win Friday, and they should win, we really dont no anything about this team.
Esse Quam Videre Wrote:FBALL, noone pats you on the back more than yourself.:notworthy I love your ferver for your team and Ram-A-Devil, I'd like to party with you. :biggrin: I don't have a favorite team in Northeastern KY but you two are great fans. I want to spar with you guys on here. :rockon:

He's broken his arm 7 times patting himself on the back.

Trust me you don't want to party with him. He is truly boring in real life!!!!!
I read all this Greenup will run over Raceland!! well newsflash people you better have your dbs ready becuase Raceland will throw all over Greenup....should be a good game and high scoring.
GC big
That hurts midee. You know I've only broken it 6 times. And I've been called alot of things but boring was never one of them. The raceland folks have come up with alot of colorful things to call me in the past.

EQV, come on over. We'll have a blast. RAM-A-DEVIL can come too. Midee, you can come over but it's BYOB for you now.
The RAMS will win this in a very close game. Greenup can not handle the different style of the passing game and running game. I watched the Russell game and russell made too many mistakes, the winner of this game will be the team without mistakes. TJ will have the boys ready! Raceland's had very few poor season of football in 89 years of the game! UNLIKE Fairview we want to play the big boys win or lose, that's what makes a team better year after year. I don't know of any other area team that plays up in schedule like the Rams. Ashland, greenup, boyd, russell and then the district games. That's a respectful schedule!
FBALL Wrote:That hurts midee. You know I've only broken it 6 times. And I've been called alot of things but boring was never one of them. The raceland folks have come up with alot of colorful things to call me in the past.

EQV, come on over. We'll have a blast. RAM-A-DEVIL can come too. Midee, you can come over but it's BYOB for you now.

We will have to hang out and go over how all these posters don't have a clue when it comes to area sports. :flush:
FBALL Wrote:That hurts midee. You know I've only broken it 6 times. And I've been called alot of things but boring was never one of them. The raceland folks have come up with alot of colorful things to call me in the past.

I know most of them and if I tried to type them they would all look like this:

except for Primma Donna. That one amused me. Smile
This should be a good game, good luck Raceland. Beat Greenup!!!
jakelegg Wrote:GC should beat someone before we start claiming this to be a turnaround season. Yes GC has won 2 BUT both games were against smaller schools and both games could have went either way. Even if they win Friday, and they should win, we really dont no anything about this team.
GC has played a much harder schedule than the rest of the district.
Not trying to stir the pot, not interested in blame game, I have heard that the contract will not be renewed after this year. Any truth to this?
Esse Quam Videri Wrote:Again, no dog in the fight and I am a GC alum who played sports. GC should win this game 9 out of 10 times but they don't. I have chosen GC to win this game by atleast 2 TD's. But, I know that with the current and future roster that GC has, they will not sustain this year's success. This is sad and unfortunate. A one year success does not tradition make. Baseball and cheerleading are GC's claim to fame and the once Ward led basketball team. Football has had 4 or 5 really good years since 1975? Give me sustained winning years and then I'll drink your kool-aid. Until then, it is what it is, a one hit wonder. I'll look for the 2010 Musketeers on VH-1. :biggrin:
Some alumni you are, go over and sit with the Rams, you are a real downer and a traitor. :ChairHit:
serious? Wrote:Old Warrior,
Do you know who the coach was when those 7 victories took place? Seems to me that once he left, the other team in the series (where he ended up) won 4 in a row.....
I do think GC we will the game this year because of their size and strength, but the Rams will battle till the end. I am hoping to go see a good game on friday and hope both teams stay away from injuries.
And he lost last year also at Ramville. GIVE US A BREAK.:1:
almost gameday!! cant wait for the Rams to smack the **** right out greenup
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I see the Musketels aren't getting in love from the cantrall ratings. 27th out of 38 teams in 4A. Sorry to say I won't be at the game friday. I am in Mississippi for training.....Won't get back until the game is over. Should be a big "W" for the Rams!!! WoooooHoooo!!

Well your Rams are going down just like season, so get use to it, why come that far to hear the sad news, you might beat the Devils this year.
old warrior Wrote:Some alumni you are, go over and sit with the Rams, you are a real downer and a traitor. :ChairHit:

Read this REAL SLOW because I have said this atleast 2 times before this post............1. I don't have a dog in the fight. 2. I have picked GC to win 3. I think GC should win this game 90% of the time.

Now, answer this for me. How is that a traitor or a Ram fan? When GC starts doing something consistent then I'll be happy. Until then you and others that want to brag about 1 year is sickening. When fans rush the field after beating Russell, you feed into the persona that everyone makes fun of you for.....that is acting like you won the Super Bowl. When the team, coaches and fans act like they have won before, then others find it a little easier to pat you on the back and say good job. But when you act like a bunch of crazy people that just beat someone for the first time in years, it is a little humorous (that means funny).

Act classy and be classy! Or put in a dip and your overalls and cuss at Raceland's fans when they come in. Your choice. :Thumbs:
Esse Quam Videri Wrote:Read this REAL SLOW because I have said this atleast 2 times before this post............1. I don't have a dog in the fight. 2. I have picked GC to win 3. I think GC should win this game 90% of the time.

Now, answer this for me. How is that a traitor or a Ram fan? When GC starts doing something consistent then I'll be happy. Until then you and others that want to brag about 1 year is sickening. When fans rush the field after beating Russell, you feed into the persona that everyone makes fun of you for.....that is acting like you won the Super Bowl. When the team, coaches and fans act like they have won before, then others find it a little easier to pat you on the back and say good job. But when you act like a bunch of crazy people that just beat someone for the first time in years, it is a little humorous (that means funny).

Act classy and be classy! Or put in a dip and your overalls and cuss at Raceland's fans when they come in. Your choice. :Thumbs:

I believe it was the first time in 10 years...so the players, especially this year's seniors were very excited. It doesn't make them crazy. I am tired of hearing that the there is something wrong with loyal fans supporting Greenup and being proud of them! When Lawrence County turned their program around last year they did not get called crazy for supporting their team and being proud of their success. (and look at the schedule they play.) Our fans have been excellent and have supported the team through some tough years and some tough losses...They have every right to celebrate success. I don't think there is anything wrong with that...
Jarons Wrote:Not trying to stir the pot, not interested in blame game, I have heard that the contract will not be renewed after this year. Any truth to this?

I believe this to be a RUMOR!!!! I don't think the GC admin or boosters would ever let this happen. The game is to important financially to both schools. It draws a huge crowd and plenty of sponsors. Although, GC will never get any respect for winning this one (if we do win it is just a big 4A picking on a little 1A), the game should stay on the schedule.
Musketeer Wrote:I believe it was the first time in 10 years...so the players, especially this year's seniors were very excited. It doesn't make them crazy. I am tired of hearing that the there is something wrong with loyal fans supporting Greenup and being proud of them! When Lawrence County turned their program around last year they did not get called crazy for supporting their team and being proud of their success. (and look at the schedule they play.) Our fans have been excellent and have supported the team through some tough years and some tough losses...They have every right to celebrate success. I don't think there is anything wrong with that...

I have read your post and I will say that I went overboard on my post. My problem is that I am being called a traitor because I think GC should beat Raceland more than they do? I know you didn't say that but man, it gets old listening to people that can't comprehend a post.
Musketeer Wrote:I believe this to be a RUMOR!!!! I don't think the GC admin or boosters would ever let this happen. The game is to important financially to both schools. It draws a huge crowd and plenty of sponsors. Although, GC will never get any respect for winning this one (if we do win it is just a big 4A picking on a little 1A), the game should stay on the schedule.

I figured that was the case just for the reasons you stated because money talks. I really hope they keep this series, it is fun for the kids because the schools are so close, and it gives the kids an opportunity to play in a big game atmosphere.
Esse Quam Videri Wrote:I have read your post and I will say that I went overboard on my post. My problem is that I am being called a traitor because I think GC should beat Raceland more than they do? I know you didn't say that but man, it gets old listening to people that can't comprehend a post.

You are right, in most situations a 4A school should be the favorite against a typical 1A school. BUT neither school can really be called typical. Raceland has an excellent football program full of tradition and even more importantly stability. They have had a lot of success over the years and have built an excellent fan base. They couple their excellence on the football field with excellence in education which draws parents and players to their program.

Greenup on the other hand has not had a storybook history. They have had a lot of problems and a lot of turnover in their coaching staff. They have not always had the support from the administration that they are finally getting. The program has suffered from in-fighting and lack of funding. Even though they are having some success now, only 38 boys are on the team. (This is VERY LOW for a Big 4A school) Things are finally turning around, not just on the field, but with the fans, administration and players. Greenup is starting to believe in itself again. The excitement is catching and hopefully will spread and bring more kids out in the future. Copley is doing a great job building the program and is very involved in all levels of play from the JFL up. (The last coach we had that was this involved and enthusiastic was TJ.) I am looking forward to a great season of GC Football, but more importantly I am excited about the future of the program.
Musketeer Wrote:You are right, in most situations a 4A school should be the favorite against a typical 1A school. BUT neither school can really be called typical. Raceland has an excellent football program full of tradition and even more importantly stability. They have had a lot of success over the years and have built an excellent fan base. They couple their excellence on the football field with excellence in education which draws parents and players to their program.

Greenup on the other hand has not had a storybook history. They have had a lot of problems and a lot of turnover in their coaching staff. They have not always had the support from the administration that they are finally getting. The program has suffered from in-fighting and lack of funding. Even though they are having some success now, only 38 boys are on the team. (This is VERY LOW for a Big 4A school) Things are finally turning around, not just on the field, but with the fans, administration and players. Greenup is starting to believe in itself again. The excitement is catching and hopefully will spread and bring more kids out in the future. Copley is doing a great job building the program and is very involved in all levels of play from the JFL up. (The last coach we had that was this involved and enthusiastic was TJ.) I am looking forward to a great season of GC Football, but more importantly I am excited about the future of the program.

This has kept Greenup from being more successful in all sports. They have the atheletes to field good teams in all sports. The Randy Ward years were a prime example how some stability (on the surface) will bring out the best players. The kids just want to play and be a part of all the politics.
Pages: 1 2 3