Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 63 Paintsville 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It was just that kind of night I guess. Not much you can say except good job Blackcats!
Blackcats rolling. Give it up to Paintsville for playing a tough schedule early though.
67 last week and 63 this week..where is the Tigers D?
Going to be a long long year for the Tigers.
Congrats Blackcats!
Prestonsburg didn't play very inspired tonight, as I guess they knew that this one would be over before it started. But give it up for Paintsville. They scored on a long pass play early in the game and they give it their all tonight. Their quarterback (#11) is one heck of a player, kinda reminded me of a smaller Jordan Amis, with how elusive he was.

Prestonsburg's secondary somewhat struggled tonight, but they tightened things up after given up the early TD. The front 7 did a great job, I thought, as they were in the backfield the entire night.

Offensively Bryson Williams put on a show tonight. He nearly scored every time he touched the football. Also good night out of Jamerson, Collins, and Slone. Adam Crisp continues to get better as he looked real comfortable in the pocket.

Still need to improve on some things, but the Cats are lookin' good!

Best of luck Tigers on the rest of the season.
Who is Paintsvilles defensive coordinator? I wasn't to happy with the scheme they tried to run. I've never seen Defensive lineman spread that far apart from each other. Did anyone else at the game notice how far apart the defensive tackles and defensive ends were spaced from each other? Anyways, congrats to pburg. you all played a great game.
What I saw tonight for both teams.

Prestonsburg:

Ran the score up and left starters in until the fourth quarter, It's ok to run the score up in a rivalry but im not sure about the decision to leave the starters in.

Terrible pass Defense, Anytime Caldwell could get it off there was a receiver wide open.

They need to work on their pass blocking there were Tiger lineman in the backfield way to much for them to be succesful in 2A ball.

But the run blocking was superb to say the least.

Special teams play for the Blackcats was phenominal to say the least.

They are better than last year IMO

Paintsville:

The passing game is much improved this year. Like I said above anytime Caldwell had time he found the open man and only Threw a couple of bad passes.

PASS BLOCKING!!! I would hate to see how many times caldwell was sacked.

The pass rush for the Tigers was pretty effective though.

We need a run game.

The Tigers will be more than ok in their district.

They played hard till the end even though they were getting blown out, and they showed alot of fire and tenacity. In a close game that will be the deciding factor.

Both Teams:

There were two instances where a fight almost broke out. Each team had the fault in one. But that stuff is not needed and makes both programs look bad.

They will both be fine in their respective classes.
Prestonsburg will make some noise in 2A this year mark my words.
^To be fair, Prestonsburg didn't play with any fire in this game.

Ask just about any former or current player, when you're winning or you know you're going to win, you don't play with the same intensity as you would against tougher competition.

I don't think Prestonsburg ran the score up, as we don't have much of a bench and all of our skill players are underclassmen except for one, being #23 Nathan Slone. I seen a ton of freshman/sophomore linemen in the entire 4th quarter, plus our freshman HB, Tyler Keene scored the final touchdown.
I also want to add that paintsville put more points on P-Burgs starting D than belfry did lol. Just thinking positive
BlackcatAlum Wrote:^To be fair, Prestonsburg didn't play with any fire in this game.

Ask just about any former or current player, when you're winning or you know you're going to win, you don't play with the same intensity as you would against tougher competition.

I don't think Prestonsburg ran the score up, as we don't have much of a bench and all of our skill players are underclassmen except for one, being #23 Nathan Slone. I seen a ton of freshman/sophomore linemen in the entire 4th quarter, plus our freshman HB, Tyler Keene scored the final touchdown.

Im not worried about the score my thought is only that it would have been terrible if one of the starters had of gotten hurt during the tail end of a blowout. Paintsville kept Caldwell in there to long for my liking as with several other starters. It wasnt just P-Burg and im sorry if it came off that way.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Im not worried about the score my thought is only that it would have been terrible if one of the starters had of gotten hurt during the tail end of a blowout. Paintsville kept Caldwell in there to long for my liking as with several other starters. It wasnt just P-Burg and im sorry if it came off that way.

No worries here... you're right about starters staying in during the second half of a blowout, but I don't think Prestonsburg was trying to run up the score. Just wanted to keep the clock moving on the ground.
congrats to P-burg
Pburg wasn't trying to run the score up. Paintsvilles defense is just that bad lol
Did anyone really expect anything different? Congrats Coach Derossett and Pburg.
Congrats to Prestonsburg on tonight's win. I was in attendance and I thought after each team traded scores in the first 3 minutes it could've been a track meet. Paintsville has several nice looking kids and some pretty good size....I'm a firm believer that you can always take something new away from a loss, hopefully they will learn and move on. Prestonsburg was fairly impressive...they averaged about 4 or 5 plays per scoring drive...the big play killed the Tigers tonight. Best of luck to both teams.
Ouch. Spanking
POOR POOR tackling and pass blocking by the Tigers. Anybody with ANY football knowledge at all that was at this game could see that. If the Tigers sew that up, they could win the remaining 8 games on their schedule. This could have been a really good game, and I thought it was going to be. Paintsville's recievers were open all night, we just couldn't get the ball out to them for our QB being chased around by 7 Pburg defenders, resulting in sacks or throwaways.
Superman20 Wrote:Who is Paintsvilles defensive coordinator? I wasn't to happy with the scheme they tried to run. I've never seen Defensive lineman spread that far apart from each other. Did anyone else at the game notice how far apart the defensive tackles and defensive ends were spaced from each other? Anyways, congrats to pburg. you all played a great game.

I thought the scheme looked good, considering Prestonsburg runs 98% of it's run plays to the outside. Paintsville just can't tackle, they don't wrap up, simple as that, they try to arm tackle everybody.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:^To be fair, Prestonsburg didn't play with any fire in this game.

That's crap buddy.

As for the running up the score on us, no I don't think they were. They are in the same boat as we are, they just don't have the subs on the sidelines to come in for the starters, not much to choose from.

I said in the prediction thread that Pburg wasn't in the same league as LC, I still say they are nowhere near as good as LC, BUT, Pburg is a good football team and they will make some noise again this season.
Coal Miner Wrote:POOR POOR tackling and pass blocking by the Tigers. Anybody with ANY football knowledge at all that was at this game could see that. If the Tigers sew that up, they could win the remaining 8 games on their schedule. This could have been a really good game, and I thought it was going to be. Paintsville's recievers were open all night, we just couldn't get the ball out to them for our QB being chased around by 7 Pburg defenders, resulting in sacks or throwaways.
I think Prestonsburg was trying some new blitzing schemes tonight. If you noticed, P-burg was in the backfield just about all night last night and many receivers were left uncovered. Pretty sure you can chalk that up to all the blitzing P-burg did last night.
BCF4L Wrote:I think Prestonsburg was trying some new blitzing schemes tonight. If you noticed, P-burg was in the backfield just about all night last night and many receivers were left uncovered. Pretty sure you can chalk that up to all the blitzing P-burg did last night.

Well yea, they sure as heck weren't running a 7 man front, lol... Still, Paintsville only had 3 WR's running routes, I thought Pburgs pass D, especially man to man coverage was suppose be unreal.
Personally, I think Paintsville's defense and offensive schemes were pretty good lastnight, considering they didn't have much of a scouting report for Pburg cause their coach wouldn't trade films with our coach. We just need better protection and better tackling and we will be fine in our district.
P-Burg was trying to cover the receivers their corners were flat out getting beat almost everytime.
P-burg was on TV last week against Belfry, no excuse about film......good job Blackcats, good job Bryson Williams.
BOBCAT-BLACK & GOLD Wrote:P-burg was on TV last week against Belfry, no excuse about film......good job Blackcats, good job Bryson Williams.

??? Go read the KHSAA rules on game film exchange. I'm sure the KHSAA don't care about if Pburg's game was on their hometown TV station. Rules are rules, the coaches have to supply the upcoming opponent with game film from the previous week. I'm not sure on the penalty, but we heard after the game that if coach Kinner reports it, Pburg's coach will get suspended for their next game.
I doubt Kinner will report it. They had film lol. Coach Kinner took a little trip up to Pond Creek to get it. So film wise P-Burg was at a disadvantage
Coal Miner Wrote:That's crap buddy.

As for the running up the score on us, no I don't think they were. They are in the same boat as we are, they just don't have the subs on the sidelines to come in for the starters, not much to choose from.

I said in the prediction thread that Pburg wasn't in the same league as LC, I still say they are nowhere near as good as LC, BUT, Pburg is a good football team and they will make some noise again this season.

So you think Prestonsburg come out and played as hard as they did against Belfry, last night?

I'm sorry, but that's crap. Because I was at both games and Prestonsburg didn't play with any fire last night. Sure a few players made a big hit and got up and celebrated about it, but the receivers didn't run their routes, the line missed some blocks, and the secondary didn't press on their opposition.

Whether you would like to admit it or not, Prestonsburg was not all that focused last night. The game was in the books at the end of the 1st quarter when they where up 28-7.

As far as being viewed as better or a lesser team than Lawrence County, I could care less. They aren't in our district, they aren't on our schedule, and they aren't going to be a team we possibly face in the playoffs. They have a great team again this season and best of luck to them and Paintsville on the remainder of their season.
Are we even talking about the same game?

Paintsville had negative rushing yards for the game. Had 195 passing yards for the game, and most of those yards came on 2 completions and a fake punt that was a completed pass. My estimate is that those 3 plays accounted for about 110 of Paintsvilles 195 passing yards. (Stats based on radio numbers). That means that for the entire rest of the game, Paintsville had about 85 passing yards. Not quite the offensive juggernaut that some are trying to make it out to be.

I give major props to Paintsville's QB, because he took a beating and kept on playing. The kid is definitely tough. Paintsville has some good kids, and there is talent on that team. But for some reason it just seems like they don't believe they can win.

I really hope they get it turned around. I want all the local teams to be successful. EKY football is much better served if Paintsville, Pikeville, Prestonsburg, JC, SC, ALL have good programs and teams.

Good luck to the Tigers for the rest of the year.
Pages: 1 2