Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 63 Paintsville 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
63-7 what a beat down on Paintsville.
Coal Miner Wrote:Personally, I think Paintsville's defense and offensive schemes were pretty good lastnight, considering they didn't have much of a scouting report for Pburg cause their coach wouldn't trade films with our coach. We just need better protection and better tackling and we will be fine in our district.

I will agree that some of the offensive play calls were good, but the defense I disagree. No one can say that the scheme being used was good when a team puts up 63 points on the board. The gaps left between the defensive tackles and the ends left holes that i watched pburg get some major yards on last night. This is probably the worst defensive team I have ever seen at Paintsville.
Hail blackcats!
It's a good thing Paintsville and Prestonsburg don't play for a traveling trophy (the apple barrel) or start off (the apple bowl) one of the biggest festivals in the state (apple day), they would probably quit playing them.
Coal Miner Wrote:I thought the scheme looked good, considering Prestonsburg runs 98% of it's run plays to the outside. Paintsville just can't tackle, they don't wrap up, simple as that, they try to arm tackle everybody.

If you have your defensive ends split out as far as paintsville did, any good back would see that hole that was open. Pburg used that to there advantage several times. Spreading the defensive ends out that far was a terrible idea.
The Blackcats are a true program. To lose the players they lost and still compete and win. Speaks alot for the coaches.
Pages: 1 2