Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Charles Barkley Rips LeBron
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
"I heard about LeBron's little tweet today that he's remembering everybody who said anything bad about him," Barkley said Thursday on ESPN Radio 103.3 FM in Dallas/Fort Worth. "And he said 'everybody.' Well, I want him to make sure that he puts my name on that (list).

"I thought that his little one-hour special was a punk move. I thought them dancing around on the stage was a punk move, and I thought he should've stayed in Cleveland. Him joining Dwyane Wade's team was very disappointing to me."

"He's got enough people kissing his *** with his family and all the people who work for him," Barkley said. "We don't have to tell him what he wants to hear all the time. That's one of the reasons why ... some of these young guys ... my opinion is he should have stayed in Cleveland.

"That one-hour special, them jumping around on stage like punks, that wasn't cool to me. From a basketball standpoint, I wish he had stayed in Cleveland, and if he takes that as criticism, so be it.

"He knows where I'll be, I don't run. I'm on TV every week, I'm easy to find."

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/08/12/charl...-as-punks/
BlackcatAlum Wrote:"I heard about LeBron's little tweet today that he's remembering everybody who said anything bad about him," Barkley said Thursday on ESPN Radio 103.3 FM in Dallas/Fort Worth. "And he said 'everybody.' Well, I want him to make sure that he puts my name on that (list).

"I thought that his little one-hour special was a punk move. I thought them dancing around on the stage was a punk move, and I thought he should've stayed in Cleveland. Him joining Dwyane Wade's team was very disappointing to me."

"He's got enough people kissing his *** with his family and all the people who work for him," Barkley said. "We don't have to tell him what he wants to hear all the time. That's one of the reasons why ... some of these young guys ... my opinion is he should have stayed in Cleveland.

"That one-hour special, them jumping around on stage like punks, that wasn't cool to me. From a basketball standpoint, I wish he had stayed in Cleveland, and if he takes that as criticism, so be it.

"He knows where I'll be, I don't run. I'm on TV every week, I'm easy to find."

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/08/12/charl...-as-punks/

Dang, I'd say Barkley would probably whoop up on Lebron.
Barkley for the win!
I love Barkley.
Lol this is great
classic barkley...just another HOF-er that doesn't agree with his move
I agree 100% with Barkley and all the other greats. I like LeBron but he hurt his image IMO by the way he handled his free agency. No class.
Yep. He has quite the ego for someone who has won nothing.
Barkley is a NWA
Lebron did nothing wrong. He handled it the way you would expect the modern day athlete would handle it. Class? What is class? It someones in terpretation of what is right and wrong. Lebron hurt no one! He owed no one anything! He put the city of Cleveland on the map, not the other way around! Charles, like MJ, Magic and the rest are starting to sound like all the bitter old athletes who love to throw stones at the new, Multi Billionaires. Good gawd, I get sick of the lod athlete diatribe every time we have to hear the idiot '72 Dolphins moan and groan as soon as a team approaches their undefeated record.

Get over it! I sure am glad that the classic bands of the 70's and 80's don't go around bad mouthing how disrespectful the music of the 21st generation is. I love Charles, but he is off base on this topic!
Stardust Wrote:Lebron did nothing wrong. He handled it the way you would expect the modern day athlete would handle it. Class? What is class? It someones in terpretation of what is right and wrong. Lebron hurt no one! He owed no one anything! He put the city of Cleveland on the map, not the other way around! Charles, like MJ, Magic and the rest are starting to sound like all the bitter old athletes who love to throw stones at the new, Multi Billionaires. Good gawd, I get sick of the lod athlete diatribe every time we have to hear the idiot '72 Dolphins moan and groan as soon as a team approaches their undefeated record.

Get over it! I sure am glad that the classic bands of the 70's and 80's don't go around bad mouthing how disrespectful the music of the 21st generation is. I love Charles, but he is off base on this topic!

I have to disagree with you on this. I agree with Sir Charles. I think both moves were Punk A$$.
The one hour announcement was completely unnecessary. Was it wrong? No. It was definitely a cocky move though or a punk move like Barkley put it.
Aslan Wrote:The one hour announcement was completely unnecessary. Was it wrong? No. It was definitely a cocky move though or a punk move like Barkley put it.

yep I agree. How many other free agents had the arogance to have an hour long special just to announce he was turning his back on the team that brought them into the league? None. How many other all-stars get on twitter and post remarks like this one? I mean what exactly is he going to do with this list? prove them wrong? I doubt it, they were all right in calling him a cocky punk.
K_Mac Wrote:yep I agree. How many other free agents had the arogance to have an hour long special just to announce he was turning his back on the team that brought them into the league? None. How many other all-stars get on twitter and post remarks like this one? I mean what exactly is he going to do with this list? prove them wrong? I doubt it, they were all right in calling him a cocky punk.

Lol, did you watch it? Did any of the other posters in this thread watch it? Hmmm???? It's one thing to call it arrogant and egotistical, but it sure pulled in an awful lot of viewers for such a horrible decision from the biggest name in professional sports of this era!

:please:
i don't like lebron. but i hate barkley. he likes to talk about punk a$$ moves, well just made one. keep your trap shut you old fat hag. go eat some more donuts, or the box that rocks from taco bell. how is him cussing and going on about this not a punk a$$ move?
greenstuff22 Wrote:i don't like lebron. but i hate barkley. he likes to talk about punk a$$ moves, well just made one. keep your trap shut you old fat hag. go eat some more donuts, or the box that rocks from taco bell. how is him cussing and going on about this not a punk a$$ move?

I don't always agree with you GS22, but that's a pretty strong post! :Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:Lebron did nothing wrong. He handled it the way you would expect the modern day athlete would handle it. Class? What is class? It someones in terpretation of what is right and wrong. Lebron hurt no one! He owed no one anything! He put the city of Cleveland on the map, not the other way around! Charles, like MJ, Magic and the rest are starting to sound like all the bitter old athletes who love to throw stones at the new, Multi Billionaires. Good gawd, I get sick of the lod athlete diatribe every time we have to hear the idiot '72 Dolphins moan and groan as soon as a team approaches their undefeated record.

No he didn't owe anyone anything but he did take his ego to astronomical heights by having his hour long show. Alex Rodrigez signed one of if not the highest contract ever when he left Seattle for Texas. At the time he was prolly in the top 5 of all baseball. Did he hold a big show? No. So no not all athletes do that.
LeBron just showed he was a ******* who has been listening to all the wrong people in his inner circle.
Lebron went about his free agency all wrong Ill agree. I didnt watch the free agency show because I thought it was rediculous. But In all fairness I remember Sir Charles doing some pretty silly and childish things during his playing days. Anyone remember the hissy fit he threw to get out of Philly so he could be traded to the suns? Charles left philly for the same reason Lebron left Cleveland. He wanted to go to a better team with a better shot at winning a title and still couldnt beat Da Bulls. IMO "The round mound of rebound" has no right to talk.
I got your back SD.

It was not a classy move, but I wouldn't call it a punk *** move either. A punk *** move would be leaving and Lebron saying something like "I'm glad I am out of that **** hole, Cavs are terrible and I need help". Who cares if it was a unclassy move. Truth is Lebron is in Miami smelling championship gold. Haters gonna hate.
Ballers Wrote:I got your back SD.

It was not a classy move, but I wouldn't call it a punk *** move either. A punk *** move would be leaving and Lebron saying something like "I'm glad I am out of that **** hole, Cavs are terrible and I need help". Who cares if it was a unclassy move. Truth is Lebron is in Miami smelling championship gold. Haters gonna hate.

:Thumbs: ur right but i can see why ppl are upset around the NBA...a lot of games aren't gonna be any fun to watch anymore...watch Miami whip up on the East is not gonna draw me to watch any games this upcomming year...i mean atleast last year it was a contest in the east. Lakers had the was(always have the West anymore) but now just watching these 2 team roll over teams isn't no my things to watch this year.
Againstme! Wrote::Thumbs: ur right but i can see why ppl are upset around the NBA...a lot of games aren't gonna be any fun to watch anymore...watch Miami whip up on the East is not gonna draw me to watch any games this upcomming year...i mean atleast last year it was a contest in the east. Lakers had the was(always have the West anymore) but now just watching these 2 team roll over teams isn't no my things to watch this year.

Miami will have a tough time matching up with Boston and the Magic. They both have size advantages. I still look for Miami to pull out the W against those 2 tho.

SD I usually have your back but I seriously think there was very little taste on LeBrons part with the hour special on ESPN.
I watched it and it was done as tasteful as possible, but it was classless from the start to even agree to do the thing.
Amun-Ra Wrote:No he didn't owe anyone anything but he did take his ego to astronomical heights by having his hour long show. Alex Rodrigez signed one of if not the highest contract ever when he left Seattle for Texas. At the time he was prolly in the top 5 of all baseball. Did he hold a big show? No. So no not all athletes do that.
LeBron just showed he was a ******* who has been listening to all the wrong people in his inner circle.

But no one asked him to do one. Lebron was asked to do it, and it made money. Not money for Lebron, but for needy children. I can guarentee you that now that Lebron has done it, it will happen again. We have been going through this goofy Brett Favre process every year, anxiously awaiting his interview to tell us whether he really will play or not! What's different about what Favre and Lebron do, Lebron's was live! That's it! I have no issue with what Lebron did. It was crappy for all the fans who did not get Lebron to come to their team, but for Miami fan, they loved it!
Stardust Wrote:But no one asked him to do one. Lebron was asked to do it, and it made money. Not money for Lebron, but for needy children. I can guarentee you that now that Lebron has done it, it will happen again. We have been going through this goofy Brett Favre process every year, anxiously awaiting his interview to tell us whether he really will play or not! What's different about what Favre and Lebron do, Lebron's was live! That's it! I have no issue with what Lebron did. It was crappy for all the fans who did not get Lebron to come to their team, but for Miami fan, they loved it!

Favre doesn't agree to sit down and have everyone listen to him make his monumental decision.
He just decides if he wants to play or not, and ESPN announces it, just like they announce everyone's decision.
Also....

Brett has a championship to go with his MVP trophies Wink (that one's for free lol)
zaga_fan Wrote:Favre doesn't agree to sit down and have everyone listen to him make his monumental decision.
He just decides if he wants to play or not, and ESPN announces it, just like they announce everyone's decision.
Also....

Brett has a championship to go with his MVP trophies Wink (that one's for free lol)

:Thumbs: Also tru...king james hasnt got tht champoinship under his belt yet...i would let Brett announce his decision through ESPN before i would want to hear James's decision anyday
Stardust Wrote:Lol, did you watch it? Did any of the other posters in this thread watch it? Hmmm???? It's one thing to call it arrogant and egotistical, but it sure pulled in an awful lot of viewers for such a horrible decision from the biggest name in professional sports of this era!

:please:

I can honestly say I didn't watch a second of it which I stated in the thread on that topic when it happened. So, I don't know how he came across in the actual show. I just think it was extremely arrogate to have a show for his announcement in my opinion, but everybody has there own opinion.
Stardust Wrote:But no one asked him to do one. Lebron was asked to do it, and it made money. Not money for Lebron, but for needy children. I can guarentee you that now that Lebron has done it, it will happen again. We have been going through this goofy Brett Favre process every year, anxiously awaiting his interview to tell us whether he really will play or not! What's different about what Favre and Lebron do, Lebron's was live! That's it! I have no issue with what Lebron did. It was crappy for all the fans who did not get Lebron to come to their team, but for Miami fan, they loved it!

I agree. Like you eluded to earlier, unfortunately its a sign of the times. I admit I'm old fashion.
I hate people that act like the world owes them something! Thats the way that most people act about lebron. They act like he owes them something. He gave cleveland 7 years. Almost a decade to give him the team he needed. Lebron owes them nothing. He has to do WHAT IT BEST FOR HIM! The one hour thing of them dancing around on the stage, wtf is the big deal, he is young nad having fun! What was wrong with wall and co. last year at big blue madness? They danced the entire time. No different! As for MJ and his comments about how it owuld be like he, Magic, and bird joining up. Thats easy for him to say he had 3 all time top 50 players on his team to help him win. EVERYBODY needs to get over lebron and quit been jealous because he went to SOuth beach! I see nothing wrong with it. I wished all them would have came to cleveland but i dont blame for getting the heck out of cleveland though!
zaga_fan Wrote:Favre doesn't agree to sit down and have everyone listen to him make his monumental decision.
Also....

Favre is old! Lebron is young! Lebron was man enough to go on national television and tell his decison not to let someone else break the news to cleveland! I respect that to be honest. Brett Favre, check his stats out, they are not all that great
Againstme! Wrote::Thumbs: Also tru...king james hasnt got tht champoinship under his belt yet...i would let Brett announce his decision through ESPN before i would want to hear James's decision anyday

So because favre has championship he has the right to go on espn and have show? that made no sense what so ever
Pages: 1 2 3 4