Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg @ Belfry 8/20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Prestonsburg won last years game at Blackcat Stadium, 28-21. How do you think this one will turn out?

I want to see a few scrimmages before I make a prediction.
from what i hear about p'burgs line they will have their way with belfry. but belfry is belfry so it will more then likely be a battle till the end. man i love high school football time
gotta go go with thar PIRATES.there always play well at the Cam
Belfry has there line back from last year, so i dont they have there way with them,the Pirates start another win streak again...
Belfry
Prestonsburg returns 5 players on offense, including 4 linemen and Joseph Jamerson, who racked up over 1000 total offensive yards last season as a sophomore.

The defense also returns 5 starters including Alex Griffith, who had over 100+ tackles last season. The defense also returns OL/DL junior Alex Garner, who should be a handful for anyone on offense and defense.

Look for players like Adam Crisp, Bryson Williams, Kain Collins, Wes Robinson, and Nathan Slone to step up for the ones who graduated. I don't think they'll be better than those who graduated, but they'll be pretty darn good.

The special teams returns Jamerson also, who made several field goals last season and also put a few kickoffs in the end zone.

Should be a great game!
Belfry....
The Mahon kid should really help Belfry up front.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Prestonsburg returns 5 players on offense, including 4 linemen and Joseph Jamerson, who racked up over 1000 total offensive yards last season as a sophomore.

The defense also returns 5 starters including Alex Griffith, who had over 100+ tackles last season. The defense also returns OL/DL junior Alex Garner, who should be a handful for anyone on offense and defense.

Look for players like Adam Crisp, Bryson Williams, Kain Collins, Wes Robinson, and Nathan Slone to step up for the ones who graduated. I don't think they'll be better than those who graduated, but they'll be pretty darn good.

The special teams returns Jamerson also, who made several field goals last season and also put a few kickoffs in the end zone.

Should be a great game!

What grade will Bryson Williams be in this fall for P'Burg? I played against his father a few times back in the day, and his dad was a PLAYER.
The loss of P-burg QB from last year will hurt them at least for the first part of the season. Belfry wins. Wish both teams good luck.
Gitback Coach Wrote:What grade will Bryson Williams be in this fall for P'Burg? I played against his father a few times back in the day, and his dad was a PLAYER.

Bryson will be a soph. :Thumbs:
Good to hear p-burg line is back, it sounded like people were not giving them much of a shot, but the line is where you make or break. Bhs line is also back look forward to a battle, if you think bhs will be pushed around up front you dont know much about this team or what they have coming back from a season ago,
brown_ind1977 Wrote:the loss of p-burg qb from last year will hurt them at least for the first part of the season. Belfry wins. Wish both teams good luck.
if p-burg has four starting lineman back and a thousand yard rusher, they should be hard to handle with anybody playing qb, sound like all they need is to change game plan to fit their skill
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Prestonsburg returns 5 players on offense, including 4 linemen and Joseph Jamerson, who racked up over 1000 total offensive yards last season as a sophomore.

Should be a great game!

Belfry returns 5 starters on offense, 2 offensive lineman, the quarterback, the fullback, and the other fullback (who moves to HB this season). Keegan Fields saw alot of time on the line and will be starting this year. There a few other kids to step up. Josh Francis and Josh Dixon also saw significant time at split end last year and likely will be starting there.

Belfry also has 6 coming back defensively, only having to replace one DT and DE, and the DT spot will be a huge hole filled by Micah Mahon. 3/4 of the secondary is gone but Josh Dixon, Jeffree Pruitt, Josh Francis, and many others are very strong candidates.

The special teams this year for Belfry is going to be legit with so much depth alot of those guys will find themselves playing kickoffs, and there are alot of good special teams guys on that team.
I have to give Belfry the edge this year, I am sure Prestonsburg will be pretty good, but Belfry returns some kids and has an excellent underclass that will vie for playing time.
THE 8TH MULE Wrote:if p-burg has four starting lineman back and a thousand yard rusher, they should be hard to handle with anybody playing qb, sound like all they need is to change game plan to fit their skill

Jamerson only rushed for like 120 yards last season, but led the team with over 800 yards receiving.

And if anyone thinks Prestonsburg is going to come in and bull-rush Belfry's line is crazy. I'm sure Belfry will have a bigger line, but I'm also sure Prestonsburg will have a quicker line. On goal line situations, the edge would have to go to Belfry. But Prestonsburg's line is made to pass protect and pull in the Jet formation.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Jamerson only rushed for like 120 yards last season, but led the team with over 800 yards receiving.

And if anyone thinks Prestonsburg is going to come in and bull-rush Belfry's line is crazy. I'm sure Belfry will have a bigger line, but I'm also sure Prestonsburg will have a quicker line. On goal line situations, the edge would have to go to Belfry. But Prestonsburg's line is made to pass protect and pull in the Jet formation.

It's Prestonsburg and Belfry -- it's going to be a good game. Especially a first game! Not much better first week action than this, one to get out and see for sure. It will be a hard fought victory for either team and to be honest the only thing for sure about this one is nothing's for sure.
Belfry by 2 tds.
I'm feeling Belfry this year.
This should be a great game! Two very good football programs.
I'm looking forward to seeing this game! I'm going with Belfry in a close one.
Well, I am not taking anything for granted! It is early in the yr and it is Prestonsburg...If you would have asked me last yr...(even with the great QB) I would have taken my Pirates, just because football is a "Team" sport;however, this rivalry goes way back and when it comes to P'burg...They will be ready...We do not have Thomas this year and he will be missed, but this may be a plus for our team in ways...because when Thomas was hurt it seemed to handicapped the team...Yet there was so much talent out there...I love Thomas and he is a quality young man not only on the field but off the field too! When a team becomes that dependent on one player it can be detrimental to a team psychologically! I take Belfry in a close one...Only because of it being at Belfry!
blazin_ky Wrote:well, i am not taking anything for granted! It is early in the yr and it is prestonsburg...if you would have asked me last yr...(even with the great qb) i would have taken my pirates, just because football is a "team" sport;however, this rivalry goes way back and when it comes to p'burg...they will be ready...we do not have thomas this year and he will be missed, but this may be a plus for our team in ways...because when thomas was hurt it seemed to handicapped the team...yet there was so much talent out there...i love thomas and he is a quality young man not only on the field but off the field too! When a team becomes that dependent on one player it can be detrimental to a team psychologically! I take belfry in a close one...only because of it being at belfry!

i think i would have to say that pburg is goin to win this game only cause i dont think belfry is very good at the begging of any season and with a lot of seniors gone then i dont see them bein a top team this year and i have respect for belfry but i think pburg is goin to win
SCHS#70 Wrote:i think i would have to say that pburg is goin to win this game only cause i dont think belfry is very good at the begging of any season and with a lot of seniors gone then i dont see them bein a top team this year and i have respect for belfry but i think pburg is goin to win

I would go with you on this one but we are all ready better then we
was at the end last year this is a very good team so i'll take my Pirates
your going to be suprised.TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
I'll say Belfry by 2 touchdownsTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
the more i hear about this team the more i like,could be by more than 2tds, but we shall see
Prestonsburg's win last year was exactly what this series needed. Go back and look at last year's prediction thread and you'll see what I mean. Everyone then predicted a "good game", yet picked the Pirates by 2-4 (or more) scores. Those kinds of predictions are no longer evident. It's nice to see.

This year ? I think P-burg wins if the defense keeps Belfry at 21 or fewer points. The offense will be a wildcard for the Blackcats, though the defense should be pretty decent.

Gonna do my best to be there !!
oneijoe Wrote:Prestonsburg's win last year was exactly what this series needed. Go back and look at last year's prediction thread and you'll see what I mean. Everyone then predicted a "good game", yet picked the Pirates by 2-4 (or more) scores. Those kinds of predictions are no longer evident. It's nice to see.

This year ? I think P-burg wins if the defense keeps Belfry at 21 or fewer points. The offense will be a wildcard for the Blackcats, though the defense should be pretty decent.

Gonna do my best to be there !!

Should be a good one we have most of the defense back and they were much better at the end of the seson but this team is a better team then last years they are getting back to Belfry football should be good to watch.
TongueirateShoTongueirateSho
THE 8TH MULE Wrote:if p-burg has four starting lineman back and a thousand yard rusher, they should be hard to handle with anybody playing qb, sound like all they need is to change game plan to fit their skill

He is not a thousand rusher he had 120 yards rushing 800 receiving that does noy mean he isn't good that means they like to throw to him but we will see how they are with a new QB that is were the 800 yards receiving comes in see in two weeks. TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
belfry 20-14
Pages: 1 2 3