Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg @ Belfry 8/20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Wish it was tomorrow night all the boys are excited about this season
i'm ready to get it started GOOD LUCK TO THE PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!
I honestly have no clue. Burchett was Prestonsburg's offense last year. With him gone, can the replacement step in and contribute the way Burchett did? P-burg's backfield is also gone, so will the new guys step in and not miss a beat? I'm not worried about P-burg's defense, they will still be stout. The offense will be the HUGE question the first few games of the season.
BCF4L Wrote:I honestly have no clue. Burchett was Prestonsburg's offense last year. With him gone, can the replacement step in and contribute the way Burchett did? P-burg's backfield is also gone, so will the new guys step in and not miss a beat? I'm not worried about P-burg's defense, they will still be stout. The offense will be the HUGE question the first few games of the season.

Returning a big target like Joseph Jamerson to throw to helps. Plus this team will be young, as the Blackcats will be starting four juniors in the skill positions. But I trust the coaching staff, as they've done an amazing job thus far with the spread. Don't expect it to be as effective this season as it was last, but I do expect our ground game to be a little better as we return four guys upfront.
Alex Griffith has been moved from C to TE/FB on offense. He gives a big target to throw to at TE, allows for Jamerson to be moved out to SE, and should improve the blocking at the corner when he lines up next to Garner. From the practices I have seen, this team is similar to last year MINUS Burchett. No outright speed demons, but excellent overall team quickness and speed. This bunch is bigger than last year, and just as aggressive, but young and inexperienced. Should be a fun year...
i love this game, my first game as a pirate at p-burg opener 79, we won and were 12 and 0 going into the stae championship, last year p-burg won the opener and went went undefeated, and i believe it was the semis they lost. i think the pirates will show some muscle, look for a big night from bhs, pirates by 20
Belfry takes this one. Pburgs defense will control what the scor ends up being.
p-burg has been my 2nd favorite team since 76 when they give runyon grade school a bunch of helmets, 79 was my first game also. thirty years later i watched my oldest open up with p-burg. this year it will be both sons in the opener. belfry by 14
Belfry 14
Prestonsburg 8
From my understanding, quarterback Adam Crisp will be playing this Friday. Everyone on the roster should be 100%.

Best of luck to both teams!
prestonsburg
Pburg fans ready for this? Chance at two in a row. After the victory last year the burg fans emptied onto the field. That left me with a mental image. It meant a lot to the Prestonsburg kids and community to beat Belfry.

I hope the Pirates also noticed. Don't give the Blackcats the satisfaction again boys!
Belfry by 10
I look for this game to be a battle as usual, both schools have pride and alot of heart and neither wants a L . good luck to both.
i dont see p-burg pulling it off 2 years in a row so i pulling on the pirates
Belfry 28
PBurg 12
The Pirates have the weaponsConfusedpeed,speed,and more speed.but there young, so look for a lot of mistakes.Ill take the pirates 28-14
padd4pirate Wrote:The Pirates have the weaponsConfusedpeed,speed,and more speed.but there young, so look for a lot of mistakes.Ill take the pirates 28-14

speed kills, as long as it dont get hit and fumble.. lets hope the line has improved from last week and they hold on to the ball...
Both teams lost a lot of good players and both teams return a lot of good players. That being said, home field makes the difference, Belfry by a TD. The Pirates could also stand getting off to a better start than last year. 21-7 out of the gate was too much to overcome. Should be a good game.
I think that this will be another classic,but I'm going to have to go Belfry because I'm sure that they have a bad taste in there mouth. Belfry is very hard to beat 2 years in a row, they play very good when there playing for revenge.

Belfry-35 (last touchdown very late in the 4th)

Prestonburg-21
bucslover68 Wrote:Both teams lost a lot of good players and both teams return a lot of good players. That being said, home field makes the difference, Belfry by a TD. The Pirates could also stand getting off to a better start than last year. 21-7 out of the gate was too much to overcome. Should be a good game.

i know your ready to go friday,hopefully i get home in time to listen in..
This is the Pirates year. Belfry by 14
Pburg has a talented backfield from what I could see in pre-season passing league games, but I don't think they are going to do much against Belfry this year. Pirates win 28-14
well just hrs now to kick off.go PIRATES
Im gonna go with the Blackcats in this one 17-14
Belfry by 14.
The Blackcats in a close one.
My heart says Belfry, but my gut says Prestonsburg scores a late TD to make a 14-12 lead into a 20-12 victory.
belfry 20-14
Belfry in a close game. I don't expect both offenses to put alot of points on the board.
OMG EKU is not picking Belfry. Lol, I am glad that I am not driving to the game or I would have wrecked
Pages: 1 2 3