Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who wins each class?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
In 1 - 6A, who wins state?
Honest answer, Bell Co in 4A. All skilled players for Bell Co return.

QB\DB Ben Madon, RB\DB Cory Davenport, WR\DB Cody Davenport, FB\DE Taylor Mills, RB\LB Josh Bown, RB\LB John Dudley Hilton, TE\DL Justin Patterson, OL\DL Brent Marsee, C\DL Lonnie Miracle, RB\DB Brian Thacker, WR\DE Scotty Henderson, OL\DL Caleb Carter, OL\DL Chris Couch, and OL\DL Brandon Couch. Most of these boys started last year.
Johnson Central will have the best chance this year than they have ever had. If they can finally get past Highlands they will win their first title. They have a ton of talent. And from what I have heard they have been working on their passing game.
eastkyfootballfan Wrote:Johnson Central will have the best chance this year than they have ever had. If they can finally get past Highlands they will win their first title. They have a ton of talent. And from what I have heard they have been working on their passing game.

They really need to if they are going to beat Highlands.
Mayfield takes 1A..
1A- Mayfield Vs Benchwood, Hazard Vs Raceland. I think LCA lose to much from last year.
2A- Fort Campbell
3A- Central or Paducah Tilghman
4A- Bell Co, Lex Cath, or Boyle Co.
5A Highland
6A St. X or T. I see any of the other teams that can play with these two teams.
In 4a,Boyle county. I think they will have the best defense in the state.
1A Mayfield, Bellevue Beechwood or Hazard or Raceland or LCA
2A Ft Campbell (favorite) but i think Murray may over throw ft campbell, NCC, Monroe County, Desales and P-burg or Corbin
3A Paducah Til, Russellville. Central, Somerset, Breathitt, Belfry, Mason, Sheldon Clark
4A Boyle, Bell, Lone Oak, Lex Cath, ( Marion a dark horse)
5A Highlands, Johnson Central, Owensboro, John Hardin
6A ST X or Trinity

Those are my early favorites who i think have a shot.
1a-Mayfield
2a-Murray
3a-Paducah Tilghman
4a-Lone Oak
5a-Highlands
6a-St-X
1a-Beechwood
2a-Desales
3a-Central
4a-Boyle
5a-Winner of Johnson central Highlands game best chance jc has ever had
6a-Trinity
But who knows. I will always pull for the mountians, so hopefully bell, corbin, belfry,hazard, sheldon clark, and p-burg will all may deep runs.
Jack Lambert Wrote:In 4a,Boyle county. I think they will have the best defense in the state.

Well they do have the rb in the state
eastkyfootballfan Wrote:Well they do have the rb in the state

He Graduated last year.
bac2369 Wrote:1A Mayfield, Bellevue Beechwood or Hazard or Raceland or LCA
2A Ft Campbell (favorite) but i think Murray may over throw ft campbell, NCC, Monroe County, Desales and P-burg or Corbin
3A Paducah Til, Russellville. Central, Somerset, Breathitt, Belfry, Mason, Sheldon Clark
4A Boyle, Bell, Lone Oak, Lex Cath, ( Marion a dark horse)
5A Highlands, Johnson Central, Owensboro, John Hardin
6A ST X or Trinity

Those are my early favorites who i think have a shot.

I Think a mountain team will take 3a this year...but who in the right mind would put breahitt as one of there early favorites either your out of your mind or just know nothing about this program now
5a- lcc
theCalipariEra Wrote:I Think a mountain team will take 3a this year...but who in the right mind would put breahitt as one of there early favorites either your out of your mind or just know nothing about this program now

Breathitt has tradition and you have to put them in there. Plus you have to realize 3A has the most legitment shot at getting a mountain team, well its guaranteed to be at the state.
Jack Lambert Wrote:In 4a,Boyle county. I think they will have the best defense in the state.

If Boyle's defense plays as well or better than last years, then the only missing piece will be if the offense can get better and peak come playoff time. If that happens I like the Rebels chances.

I do think Bell and Lone Oak are there with Boyle with each really being 1a, 1b, 1c.

If you think about it, the last 2 years the State Champion has been so by the slimmest of margins:

2008: Bell wins it with a 2 pt victory over Boyle and similar margin in title game

2009: Boyle wins it with a last second FG over Bell and same to tie and win in 2 OT's vs Lone Oak

4A is as balanced at the top as any class. :Thumbs:
Well put Hatz. I would give Lone Oak much more of a chance than Lex Cath. Also Allen/Scottville has people talking over here already.
Hatz Wrote:If Boyle's defense plays as well or better than last years, then the only missing piece will be if the offense can get better and peak come playoff time. If that happens I like the Rebels chances.

I do think Bell and Lone Oak are there with Boyle with each really being 1a, 1b, 1c.

If you think about it, the last 2 years the State Champion has been so by the slimmest of margins:

2008: Bell wins it with a 2 pt victory over Boyle and similar margin in title game

2009: Boyle wins it with a last second FG over Bell and same to tie and win in 2 OT's vs Lone Oak

4A is as balanced at the top as any class. :Thumbs:

Boyle Co losing a RB with over 3000 yards last year is going to be a huge loss. Also lost their QB. Boyle Co will be good but Bell Co returns 90% of their team from last year. Bell returns there QB, leading tacklers, leading rusher, and leading WR. Also Bell having ALL PLAYOFF games at home this year will be a big positive.
bac2369 Wrote:Breathitt has tradition and you have to put them in there. Plus you have to realize 3A has the most legitment shot at getting a mountain team, well its guaranteed to be at the state.

i realize breathitt has tradition but that only takes you so far breathitt is down and isnt gettin back up no time soon they have no dcord. anymore and no channing plus there next starting Qb in line has left to perry and there starting middle linebacker moved to pike central.
theCalipariEra Wrote:i realize breathitt has tradition but that only takes you so far breathitt is down and isnt gettin back up no time soon they have no dcord. anymore and no channing plus there next starting Qb in line has left to perry and there starting middle linebacker moved to pike central.

I agree. Some of the kids have to step up. I believe they will be ok, They will have weapons. The Richard trent kid is playing Qb i believe, then hes gonna have the fletcher and prichard kid to back him up. Last year the team was basically a 2 man team but this years team i see balance if used right. Last years team was not used right. This year i believe there line will be much better and should open up some holes and give the Qb time to throw.

Boyle co defense will be great better than last years.
theCalipariEra Wrote:i realize breathitt has tradition but that only takes you so far breathitt is down and isnt gettin back up no time soon they have no dcord. anymore and no channing plus there next starting Qb in line has left to perry and there starting middle linebacker moved to pike central.
The lack of a d-Coordinator will be more of a problem than Channing being gone. I am not saying he was not an important part of the Bobcats team the last few seasons, but the Bobcats were good before Channing and will be good again. They play in a weak region and will make a run in the playoffs as a result of that IMO. They do need to find a good d-coordinator or study tapes and master JPC's defense...Should not be that hard and they have plenty of tapes....
1A- Mayfield
2A- Murray
3A- Paducah Tilghman
4A- Boyle County
5A- Highlands
6A- St. Xavier
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Boyle Co losing a RB with over 3000 yards last year is going to be a huge loss. Also lost their QB. Boyle Co will be good but Bell Co returns 90% of their team from last year. Bell returns there QB, leading tacklers, leading rusher, and leading WR. Also Bell having ALL PLAYOFF games at home this year will be a big positive.

All valid points. But Boyle had lost their starting QB last year as well. Come to think of it, Bell did too and had a fine season. :Thumbs:

It just goes to show that both teams reload.

Boyle returns I think 8 on the defensive side of the ball including Lamar Dawson. It should be a dandy again and until they play there's no real clear cut "we are better" argument.

FWIW Lone Oak has to be in this discussion and is overlooked by most of the eastern supporters. IF Bell defeats Boyle, it will not be an easy task to down Lone Oak in a final.
Boyle County is the reigning champs. Alot of people would assume that they are the favorite until they lose this year, if they do lose. Right now, Bell County looks like a preseason favorite. They do indeed, return alot of weapons. However, Boyle County returns a great defense. In fact, a defense that stalled Bell County's offense last year. A defense that took them to the championship. A defense that tightened up in the 2nd half to beat Lone Oak in the state championship. This defense is going to be strong and I mean real strong. It will certainly be better than last years defense. However, Boyle County does have some key replacements on offense that need to be taken care of. But as Hatz said, they simply reload, both Bell County and Boyle County. IMO, I believe that Devan Hale is going to shine at quarterback this coming season. Lamar Dawson is going to be a monster on both sides of the ball.

For right now I'm not going to make a bold prediction. I'll just say that whoever wins the Bell County vs. Boyle County game is going to have their hands full against Lone Oak. :Thumbs:
BoyleCounty Wrote:Boyle County is the reigning champs. Alot of people would assume that they are the favorite until they lose this year, if they do lose. Right now, Bell County looks like a preseason favorite. They do indeed, return alot of weapons. However, Boyle County returns a great defense. In fact, a defense that stalled Bell County's offense last year. A defense that took them to the championship. A defense that tightened up in the 2nd half to beat Lone Oak in the state championship. This defense is going to be strong and I mean real strong. It will certainly be better than last years defense. However, Boyle County does have some key replacements on offense that need to be taken care of. But as Hatz said, they simply reload, both Bell County and Boyle County. IMO, I believe that Devan Hale is going to shine at quarterback this coming season. Lamar Dawson is going to be a monster on both sides of the ball.

For right now I'm not going to make a bold prediction. I'll just say that whoever wins the Bell County vs. Boyle County game is going to have their hands full against Lone Oak. :Thumbs:

I agree both Bell Co and Boyle Co reload. Im just giving Bell Co the edge because if they do meet up it will be back on Log Mountain.

Just remember Bell Co's Offense was very young last year. Like I stated our QB, all 3 RB's, and top receiver return this year. Boyle Co held Bell Co to 1 TD and Bell Co did the same thing holding Boyle Co to 1 TD. Bell Co also return both LB's as well. :Thumbs:

4A is going to be fun to watch this year. I also think having a 6'5 and 6'6 linemen this year will help Cory Davenport find the holes in the line. These two linemen didnt play last year. One transfered back and the other one was just a freshman last year. These boys arent just big they are big and strong.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:He Graduated last year.

Lamar Dawson? I'm pretty sure he is still there.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I agree both Bell Co and Boyle Co reload. Im just giving Bell Co the edge because if they do meet up it will be back on Log Mountain.

Just remember Bell Co's Offense was very young last year. Like I stated our QB, all 3 RB's, and top receiver return this year. Boyle Co held Bell Co to 1 TD and Bell Co did the same thing holding Boyle Co to 1 TD. Bell Co also return both LB's as well. :Thumbs:

4A is going to be fun to watch this year. I also think having a 6'5 and 6'6 linemen this year will help Cory Davenport find the holes in the line. These two linemen didnt play last year. One transfered back and the other one was just a freshman last year. These boys arent just big they are big and strong.

I think we both agree how evenly matched the squads are and your citing home field might be the decisive factor. However when the 2 teams met last year, each held the other to a TD but Boyle totally shut down the ground attack of the Bobcats. Aside from two pass plays Bell really generated little offense the whole game.

As to the size of Bell's line, that is a big plus in the Bobcat favor. However they had the size advantage last year (most do vs. recent Rebel squads) but it didn't help them generate offense in last years match up nor did it help them in the 4th quarter drives.

Like I said before, there is no clear cut favorite in 4A at this point but there are 3 teams that "seem" to be ahead of everyone else. :Thumbs:
eastkyfootballfan Wrote:Lamar Dawson? I'm pretty sure he is still there.
lamar dawson a linebacker not a running back that was rees macshara
eastkyfootballfan Wrote:Lamar Dawson? I'm pretty sure he is still there.

He was talking about Rees MacShara. Lamar Dawson is still here in Boyle County.
Pages: 1 2 3 4