Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who wins each class?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Well my thought is that highlands has had alot of trouble with JC's offense if JC can just not make a ton of mistakes they could very well take care of highlands and get that state championship.

Wow, they've scored 21 points both times and at least last year's last TD was vs. the second string. :eyeroll:

They've given up 35 and 42 points. Maybe defense would help.

They won't beat Highlands until the defense is fixed.
tradition Wrote:If JC can develop a passing game, look out.

Or a defense.

Looking at their three playoff games JC gave up:

41, 32 and 42 points. :yikes:

Gave up almost 28 points per game for the season.

Offensive improvement might help but it looks like defense needs a big shot in the arm. :Thumbs:
I honestly don't think that the Corbin game will be all interesting either. I have alot of respect for Corbin but they doing some rebuilding. They couldn't have ran on Boyle County's defense last year with Caleb Watkins(although he was a stud RB) so there is no reason for me to think that they could this year. Consider these two factors: Corbin lost their two best backs and Boyle County's defense will be better than last years. I'm just being honest but that game could get ugly. We'll just have to wait and see.

BCB09, we'll take you on our side with arms wide open. Just cheer for the Rebels for that one day! :Clap:
Hatz Wrote:Wow, they've scored 21 points both times and at least last year's last TD was vs. the second string. :eyeroll:

They've given up 35 and 42 points. Maybe defense would help.

They won't beat Highlands until the defense is fixed.

Anytime that you have turn overs and give a team the short field let alone keep the defense on the field you are going to give up points. you also need to know that JC has had a lot of players who play on both sides witch leads to fatigue. That pays dividends even on offense witch can cause fumbles. I believe that played a big part.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Anytime that you have turn overs and give a team the short field let alone keep the defense on the field you are going to give up points. you also need to know that JC has had a lot of players who play on both sides witch leads to fatigue. That pays dividends even on offense witch can cause fumbles. I believe that played a big part.

A whole season? Every year?

2009 JC gave up almost 28 pts per game
2008 JC gave up almost 20 pts per game
2007 JC gave up right at 21 pts per game

Since their best team (2006) the Golden Eagles have been nearly a sieve in letting points go through.

Compare that to Highlands in those 3 years:

2009 11 pts. per game
2008 12 pts. per game
2007 10 pts. per game

Magnify it by their schedule and you have exactly the difference between championship football and "deep runs" in the playoffs.
Hatz Wrote:A whole season? Every year?

2009 JC gave up almost 28 pts per game
2008 JC gave up almost 20 pts per game
2007 JC gave up right at 21 pts per game

Since their best team (2006) the Golden Eagles have been nearly a sieve in letting points go through.

Compare that to Highlands in those 3 years:

2009 11 pts. per game
2008 12 pts. per game
2007 10 pts. per game

Magnify it by their schedule and you have exactly the difference between championship football and "deep runs" in the playoffs.

You can throw all points given up in years past that you want, but for this Highlands fan the Johnson Central team of 2010 is the one that I am worried about the most. A Highlands / Johnson Central match up is the pick game of the year for me that will have me drinking Malox beginning on Monday before the game.
A dont forget about louisville area 4A team there some teams that will give lone oak a run for its money this year
tradition Wrote:You can throw all points given up in years past that you want, but for this Highlands fan the Johnson Central team of 2010 is the one that I am worried about the most. A Highlands / Johnson Central match up is the pick game of the year for me that will have me drinking Malox beginning on Monday before the game.

So statistics and data analysis mean nothing? Okay. Gotcha. :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:So statistics and data analysis mean nothing? Okay. Gotcha. :Thumbs:

Not from years past. This is the 2010 season, which hasn't even started yet, and you throw up stats from the previous 3 seasons. I agree, it could show tendencies and all that...but how many more Collinsworth's, Roller's, etc. does Highlands have on this years squad? I expect to see both JC and Highlands again in round 3 of the playoffs this year and this game will have nothing to do with what has happened the past two seasons.
IRISH4 Wrote:Not from years past. This is the 2010 season, which hasn't even started yet, and you throw up stats from the previous 3 seasons. I agree, it could show tendencies and all that...but how many more Collinsworth's, Roller's, etc. does Highlands have on this years squad? I expect to see both JC and Highlands again in round 3 of the playoffs this year and this game will have nothing to do with what has happened the past two seasons.

If you can't look at prior track records, how do JC fans know they will have a super team this year? How does anyone know? :igiveup:
Hatz Wrote:If you can't look at prior track records, how do JC fans know they will have a super team this year? How does anyone know? :igiveup:

Just by the talent returning I assume...I'm not calling JC world beaters by any means and saying they're going to go 15-0 and end up ranked nationally. I'm a realist here, and all I was saying in my last post is that the games against Highlands in the previous 2 seasons will not determine the outcome of a potential match up this season.
IRISH4 Wrote:Just by the talent returning I assume...I'm not calling JC world beaters by any means and saying they're going to go 15-0 and end up ranked nationally. I'm a realist here, and all I was saying in my last post is that the games against Highlands in the previous 2 seasons will not determine the outcome of a potential match up this season.

The same talent that gave up almost 3 TD's per game?

The same talent that gave up 41, 32 and 42 pts in their 3 playoff games?

I'm a realist as well. I think JC will very likely be much better than last year. But it's much more conjecture of hope than anything the talent has shown thus far, right?
I dont think jc can get pass Boyle.
Hatz Wrote:Or a defense.

Looking at their three playoff games JC gave up:

41, 32 and 42 points. :yikes:

Gave up almost 28 points per game for the season.

Offensive improvement might help but it looks like defense needs a big shot in the arm. :Thumbs:
Last year's defense suffered most of the year because of the high number of turnovers by the offense. If the offense begins this season near late 2009 form, the defense will be very good. JC has to control the ball to be effective because their offense will be capable of moving the chains against any defense in the state. That will make any defense look better.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Last year's defense suffered most of the year because of the high number of turnovers by the offense. If the offense begins this season near late 2009 form, the defense will be very good. JC has to control the ball to be effective because their offense will be capable of moving the chains against any defense in the state. That will make any defense look better.

same players + same coaches = no state title.... highlands just to much....
sawmill Wrote:same players + same coaches = no state title.... highlands just to much....
JC returns most of its offense and will probably lead the state in rushing this season. The Golden Eagles moved the ball against Highlands last season and they will move the ball against them this season if they meet. One year of experience at the high school level makes a big difference and JC will eventually beat Highlands.

2010 should be the best chance for a JC win yet, but Highlands will be a tough out for anybody. It took JC a few tries to get its first win over Covington Catholic but they did manage to get that monkey off of their back. Whether JC's first win over Highlands will be this season or not, it should be a great game if the two teams meet.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Last year's defense suffered most of the year because of the high number of turnovers by the offense. If the offense begins this season near late 2009 form, the defense will be very good. JC has to control the ball to be effective because their offense will be capable of moving the chains against any defense in the state. That will make any defense look better.

Would that be the late season offensive & defensive form that gave up:

41 points
32 points
42 points

in their last three games????? Sounds like it wasn't all the offenses' fault Hoot. :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:Would that be the late season offensive & defensive form that gave up:

41 points
32 points
42 points

in their last three games????? Sounds like it wasn't all the offenses' fault Hoot. :Thumbs:
I know that you enjoy bashing JC in multiple forums for whatever reason but JC jumped to big early leads in it first two playoff games and coasted to wins. They gave up a lot of points after the outcomes of the games had already been settled. The offense played very well in both games and the defense played well while the Golden Eagles built insurmountable leads. You have made a big deal that JCs last TD was scored against Highlands reserves but you have predictably failed to acknowledge the garbage points JC surrendered after it began pulling its starters in its wins over Scott and Covington Catholic.

Please continue to bash JC and pick them to lose every big game. This place just would not be the same without you trying to toss wet blankets on JC's success. :biggrin:
the season haven't even started yet and im going to call an upset. Lone Oak is going to get beat in the playoffs and a louisville area team is going to represent the west in the state championship in december
Hatz Wrote:The same talent that gave up almost 3 TD's per game?

The same talent that gave up 41, 32 and 42 pts in their 3 playoff games?

I'm a realist as well. I think JC will very likely be much better than last year. But it's much more conjecture of hope than anything the talent has shown thus far, right?

I'm not going to mention anything about last season because anything I say is going to be turned in to me making excuses...which is something I don't do. Obviously though, you don't get what I'm saying...it's one game and anything can happen. Just because they won the past two years doesn't AUTOMATICALLY mean they are going to win this season...shoot they might not even play! In '08 Highlands got a scare from Bryan Station and won on a last second touchdown. The season hasn't started yet and people are getting bent out of shape over nothing. Let the two teams get there first then debate the game...all I'm trying to say is that it's a new year and an upset is possible...happens every year it seems. Best of luck to all teams..finished with this thread.
ST. X
Highlands
Lou. Central
Fort Campbell
cavery59 Wrote:the season haven't even started yet and im going to call an upset. Lone Oak is going to get beat in the playoffs and a louisville area team is going to represent the west in the state championship in december

Atherton? Fairdale? Valley? Western?

Those are the only Jefferson County based schools I can think of. Neither of these teams will be Lone Oak in the playoffs.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Atherton? Fairdale? Valley? Western?

Those are the only Jefferson County based schools I can think of. Neither of these teams will be Lone Oak in the playoffs.

He's a Western fan/player/alum. :Thumbs:
im talking about surrounding louisville counties to
Western could bet Lone Oak. Yes i do play for Western and we going to be very good this year.
cavery59 Wrote:im talking about surrounding louisville counties to

Are you referring to Collins? From what I hear, all the talent from Shelby Co. now attends Collins. It all depends how they pull together, they could pull off an upset or two. I don't think they will win it all, but make a deep run in the playoffs.
Atherton shouldn't even have a football team the have won a game since the 90s.
yhea im talkin about shelby county to
cavery59 Wrote:yhea im talkin about shelby county to

I don't think Shelby Co. does much this year. Lost too much.
I bet lone oak wont have a easy run to state like they did last year though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4