Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highly Rated Kentucky Seniors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Scout.com has released their first Top 300 rankings for upcoming Seniors and some Kentucky kids are making their mark:

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9...88&yr=2011

#94 overall, #15 OT 4* Darrian Miller- Bryan Station
#132, #9 MLB 4* Lamar Dawson- Boyle County
#153, #5 TE 4* Jon Davis- Lou. Eastern
#162, #23 WR 4* DeVante Parker- Lou. Ballard

Other KY kids with Top 50 rankings at their position who missed the Top 300:

#16 OG 3* Zach West- LCA
#23 QB, 3* DaMarcus Smith- Lou. Seneca
#50 WR, 3* Jerrell Moore- Lou. Fern Creek
I fully expect a couple of these to move up the list.....
It's always nice to see a boat load of talent in the Bluegrass.
Yep. Way to represent your schools AND your state guys! Congrats!

....and, of course, yourselves!
This is the most 4* players that I haver ever saw in KY. I dont usually like scout.com, IMO Rivals.com is a lot more accurate, but this is still awesome. I was really suprised at Demarcus Smith only being 3*
The Iceboxx Wrote:This is the most 4* players that I haver ever saw in KY. I dont usually like scout.com, IMO Rivals.com is a lot more accurate, but this is still awesome. I was really suprised at Demarcus Smith only being 3*

He was a 4* when the rankings first came out.
Not playing last season hurt Smith, I expect him to move up the rankings once he gets back on the field.
I also look for Dawson and West to move up the list...
SportzAnimal Wrote:I also look for Dawson and West to move up the list...

How much further do you want Lawson to move up? He is currently ranked as a 4* player and the #9 ILB in the United States. This is making him the highest rated recruit since Micah.

On the West topic, IMO he is a 4 star player, and UK better jump on this kid fast. I know he is in our back yard, but he already has offers from Arkansas and Penn State. This kid is big time.
UK, has offered West. About a week or 2 ago
The Iceboxx Wrote:How much further do you want Lawson to move up? He is currently ranked as a 4* player and the #9 ILB in the United States. This is making him the highest rated recruit since Micah.

On the West topic, IMO he is a 4 star player, and UK better jump on this kid fast. I know he is in our back yard, but he already has offers from Arkansas and Penn State. This kid is big time.

I know it's two totally different sites and doesn't necessarily relate to each other, but ..... How can you be named a MaxPreps JR All-American and only be the 132nd best recruit in the nation. Maybe, I'm wrong or just missing something here. It just seems he'd be able to move up the list...
How many Jr. All-americans did MaxPreps name?
Leon Melvin from Louisville Westernis going to be on that list when the season starts.I dont know why he's not on the list now though
64black&gold Wrote:How many Jr. All-americans did MaxPreps name?

They named 60 total All-Americans...
30 1st teamers: 16 offense, 14 defense
30 2nd teamers: 16 offense, 14 defense

Dawson was named to the 1st team defense....
The Iceboxx Wrote:How much further do you want Lawson to move up? He is currently ranked as a 4* player and the #9 ILB in the United States. This is making him the highest rated recruit since Micah.

Furthermore, I didn't say I wanted...I said I expect. If I had said I wanted him
to move up, I would had included the rest of the guys from KY. I 'want' to see all KY players do great. I 'expect' Dawson and West to move up....

Don't try to say that I just want Dawson to move up, because I'm a Boyle fan. I am as open-minded as they come. I have my opinions. I mean, let me turn this around on you for a sec.... Why don't you want Dawson to move up? Should he be satisfied with that ranking, or should he continue to try to improve and move up?
Boyle Co #5 Lamar Dawson All American
Bryan Ferrell, Chris Cook, Paul Megillian, Devan Hale, Ryan Wilson, and Ben Coffman will be the top seniors at Boyle Co. Any of these kids could go D-1. And guess what their grade point average is.......around 3.75! Boyle will bring more smarts to the table this year!!!! Look out ........we will be ready!
Rebelmom14 Wrote:Boyle Co #5 Lamar Dawson All American
Bryan Ferrell, Chris Cook, Paul Megillian, Devan Hale, Ryan Wilson, and Ben Coffman will be the top seniors at Boyle Co. Any of these kids could go D-1. And guess what their grade point average is.......around 3.75! Boyle will bring more smarts to the table this year!!!! Look out ........we will be ready!

The biggest factor will be "our" team, though. You can have good, even great, players but it means nothing if they dont play as a team. That will be the final factor as it most always is...

Glad to see all these guys continue their success in the classroom, too!

What position will all the kids above be starting at? Just curious.
Zack Templin (OL) along with Lamar Dawson (LB) Were the only 2 players from Kentucky that made the Nike All-Camp Team at the Nike Football Training Camp at Ohio State on 05/01/2010. Dawson also took home LB MVP

http://rise.espn.go.com/football/article...-team.aspx
Lamar Dawson reports his latest offers are from Michigan and Oregon. He was also named LB MVP at this past weekend's Nike Camp in Columbus.
I expect an offer from Ohio State to come soon after his performance this past weekend.
Rebel55 Wrote:I expect an offer from Ohio State to come soon after his performance this past weekend.

Please tell me he is a Kentucky fan!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Please tell me he is a Kentucky fan!

Yes! And Chuck Smith fan also. IMO Kentucky is in the lead of all schools offered up to date.
Rebel55 Wrote:Yes! And Chuck Smith fan also. IMO Kentucky is in the lead of all schools offered up to date.

Glad he's just enjoying the recruiting process. Like I've said before, it's a once in a lifetime oppurtunity...take advantage of it!

Actually Mom I love you but only Lamar and maybe one other will have much of a shot at D-1. D-1 players are just much bigger and faster than most high school players. D-1 offensive linemen are as fast as most high school running backs. The physical difference is just too much for the biggest heart to overcome usually.
He likes Kentucky and I think Ky will get a good luck but if Florida offers I think he goes to Gainesville.
64black&gold Wrote:Actually Mom I love you but only Lamar and maybe one other will have much of a shot at D-1. D-1 players are just much bigger and faster than most high school players. D-1 offensive linemen are as fast as most high school running backs. The physical difference is just too much for the biggest heart to overcome usually.

Yeah, I agree, 2 or 3 off that list will have possible looks at the D-I level.
Lamar Dawson breaks Rivals Top 100...

UK has also made Lamar Dawson one of their top priorities. The Boyle Co. star is the only player in Kentucky to crack Rivals 100. The 6-foot-2 inch 230 pound linebacker is ranked number 95. Dawson is rated as the third best inside linebacker in America.
we played west's lca and dawson's boyle last season and both deserve their rankings monsters on the field
Let's not forget about 6'5" 310# jamon brown who is a legitimate 4.9 benches 325 squts 575 is a 3* recruit by this publication but is a 4* in many others was the only jr dl to make any of the cj's all state teams, has 4 bcs offers (verb to lou, ky,Ill,& purdue) all this is w/ o going to any camps or combines. The kid is right on track to qualify, and dominates. Every publication out there has him ranked in the top 10 in the state many have him the top 5. He is also the top rated dl in the state but excells on offense as well.... Never comes out of the game, @ Louisville & ky's jr day many stated he was the most physically imposing player at both. He is also friends w/ Zachary west and they would love to be teammates in college.
THIS KID IS THE REAL DEAL!!!!!
Pages: 1 2