Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott Central 70 - Hazard 56
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
final from hindman. big game from cox and bartrum.
I was close! I said Knott Central would win by 12! Congrats to the Patriots!
What happened to Hazard?

They was up 13 in the 3rd quarter wasnt they?
free throws killed both teams. both teams shot 10/25 from the line. KCC gave up way too many rebounds. but cox set out the whole first half with 2 fouls and came out to play in the 2nd. he scored 10 straight when they were down 10 in the 3rd. bartrum ended up with 19. cox ended up with 20+. the fugate guy for hazard had a real good game. 12 pts 14 rebs. good effort from both teams.
good game kcc, can't say i didn't expect it though.
UkFan23 Wrote:What happened to Hazard?

They was up 13 in the 3rd quarter wasnt they?
27 point swing in the second half does seem kind of odd, doesn't it? Anyways, congratulations Knott Central, I am sure you guys will meet again this year, correct?
The officiating in this game was pathetic both ways.
Congrats Patriots!!
Good win for Knott County Central
logan bartrum is the heart and soul of the pats.... they would have never came back to win without him. he gets everyone pumped um players, pep section even the band
I don't feel a bit bad about this game. The first half was all Hazard in spite of the threes KCC hit from everywhere. In the second half the officiating went down the tubes (I know, everyone says the losers always whine about the officials!) but it's true. Why would a team with a 13 point lead be the aggressor in a game like this...wouldn't they be protecting the ball and the other team fouling to get the ball back? At least that is how things seem to me. Hazard had 7 fouls to KCC's 0 mid way into the third quarter. There were just too many questionable calls and a couple of times the game nearly got out of hand because of missed calls by the officials.

The Patriots definitely have a good team, but they are not unbeatable and I think by tournament time things could easily have a different outcome.

Best of luck to both teams and keep up the good work, Bulldogs. Go home and practice freethrows, PLEASE!
Congrats Patriots!
IMO, what hurt Knott in the first half of the game is that the heart and soul of the team, Tate Cox, set out only after a few minutes of play. Bartrum and Stamper did a good job of not letting Hazards lead get too out of hand. Cox came back in the second half, and the Patriots were ready to play.
Congrats KCC
divadawg Wrote:I don't feel a bit bad about this game. The first half was all Hazard in spite of the threes KCC hit from everywhere. In the second half the officiating went down the tubes (I know, everyone says the losers always whine about the officials!) but it's true. Why would a team with a 13 point lead be the aggressor in a game like this...wouldn't they be protecting the ball and the other team fouling to get the ball back? At least that is how things seem to me. Hazard had 7 fouls to KCC's 0 mid way into the third quarter. There were just too many questionable calls and a couple of times the game nearly got out of hand because of missed calls by the officials.

The Patriots definitely have a good team, but they are not unbeatable and I think by tournament time things could easily have a different outcome.

Best of luck to both teams and keep up the good work, Bulldogs. Go home and practice freethrows, PLEASE!

Tate Cox didn't play but only like 5 mins in the first half, he didn't return until the second, that makes a difference. If it hadn't been for Logan Bartrum and Stuart Stamper the Patriots wouldn't have stayed in the game the first half. When Cox did come in he changed the game and he along with the others fought back to come away with the win. Congrats Patriots!
IMO Cox and Bartrum won the game for knott, they had way to many turnovers in the first half though 9 in the first quarter i think. What happen to stamper?
Spartan4Life Wrote:IMO Cox and Bartrum won the game for knott, they had way to many turnovers in the first half though 9 in the first quarter i think. What happen to stamper?

Stamper had some big plays during this game too. IMO Stamper and Bartrum kept things from getting to out of control what time Tate rested that ankle of his on the bench.
Quote: I don't feel a bit bad about this game. The first half was all Hazard in spite of the threes KCC hit from everywhere. In the second half the officiating went down the tubes (I know, everyone says the losers always whine about the officials!) but it's true. Why would a team with a 13 point lead be the aggressor in a game like this...wouldn't they be protecting the ball and the other team fouling to get the ball back? At least that is how things seem to me. Hazard had 7 fouls to KCC's 0 mid way into the third quarter. There were just too many questionable calls and a couple of times the game nearly got out of hand because of missed calls by the officials.
The reason hazard had 7 and kcc 0 is mainly because cox was tired of sitting on the bench from the 2 fouls early in the first half and was taking it straight to the paint.... But both teams need to be working on free throws and kcc needs to work a lot on blocking out
divadawg Wrote:I don't feel a bit bad about this game. The first half was all Hazard in spite of the threes KCC hit from everywhere. In the second half the officiating went down the tubes (I know, everyone says the losers always whine about the officials!) but it's true. Why would a team with a 13 point lead be the aggressor in a game like this...wouldn't they be protecting the ball and the other team fouling to get the ball back? At least that is how things seem to me. Hazard had 7 fouls to KCC's 0 mid way into the third quarter. There were just too many questionable calls and a couple of times the game nearly got out of hand because of missed calls by the officials.

I'm actually agreeing with ya.
Congrats KCC figured it would be just a bit closer though.
Went to the game and I hate both teams but after the officiating become so one sided towards Knotts favor, I actually, for the first time in my life, rooted for Hazard. Hazard should have won this game. Eric Back fouled out in the 3rd quarter, on some very questionable calls. Hazard is a completely different team with Fugate in there. Whitaker single handled broke Knotts press time and time again. I've been saying this all year, play Knott man to man! They struggled big time against Hazard in there half court sets. Then the game just completely swung in Knotts favor due to the great officiating! IDK if Perry can beat Knott @ Knott when the officiating is like that, but after tonight I'm even more confident Perry will beat them on any neutral floor and defintely @ Perry. If Kobe brought the Lakers to the Morton Combs Complex tonight they would have come out with a loss...
I feel a lot of Boxing out in practice this week for KCC too, Hazard killed them on the O boards.
Zach Davis got some big rebounds and made some nice shots too.

Nason Roberts really needs a chance to shine; I wish they'd throw him the ball more. The kid can play.
ladypatriot55 Wrote:Stamper had some big plays during this game too. IMO Stamper and Bartrum kept things from getting to out of control what time Tate rested that ankle of his on the bench.

Tenacious Z Wrote:Zach Davis got some big rebounds and made some nice shots too.

Nason Roberts really needs a chance to shine; I wish they'd throw him the ball more. The kid can play.

If Roberts gained a little weight id throw the ball to him all night.
Hazard (3-2) -- Fugate 12, B.J. Combs 13, J. Combs 6, Back 8, Whitaker 12, Meehan 2, Olinger 1, Blanton 2.Knott Co. Central (6-0) -- Stamper 18, Cox 15, Roberts 4, Ratliff 2, Bartrum 20, Davis 11.

This is officially from Kentucky Connect. Both teams had fairly even scoring.
To be more positive, Bartrum played well.
Tate saved them in the second have, hit some unbelieveable shots.
Stewart had a nice 4th quarter.
Whitaker carried hazard most the game.
Knott couldnt stop Fugate, probably the best big man in the region.
anyone know the true foul count on both teams????? I know hazard had 2 players and knott 1 to foul out
He's got moves man. He put on a considerable amount of weight in the offseason but he still has a ways to go. If he could consistently get above the rim, no one could stop him
Patriot_Fan2180 Wrote:anyone know the true foul count on both teams????? I know hazard had 2 players and knott 1 to foul out

I know in the 3rd quarter the foul count was Hazard 7 Knott 0. And at the end of the 3rd it was Hazard 10 Knott 2. In the 4th they made a lot of horrible make up calls against Knott. It was a joke.
Quote:Knott couldnt stop Fugate, probably the best big man in the region.
agreed no one could stop him on the boards.
Pages: 1 2 3