Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott Central 70 - Hazard 56
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
KCCFAN_97 Wrote:Eric Back fouled out cause he is a thug and needs to go back on house arrest...

Don't say dumb stuff like that.
Congrats Knott! Like someone has already said, this will be a great game when they meet again.
catfan1 Wrote:All of Back's fouls were legit, he picked up 2 fouls back to back late in the third quarter. I didnt understand why Al Holland left him in the game when he picked up his fourth. Allan Fugate should have fouled out a lot earlier as he got away with jumping over the back of Ratliff and Roberts all night. Fugate plays very physical but fouls every time down the floor, but the refs did not seem to see any of it. Good game from both teams, its a shame the refs were as bad as they were.

Well in order for the refs to call over the back somebody has to box out. Which Knott didnt do all night.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Rebounding and defense are KCC's weaknesses. If they can shore those areas up, they will make it to Rupp relatively easily, but if they continue to give up lay-up after lay-up and open shot after open shot, they will struggle to make it to the Sweet-16.

Knotts the flashy team that wows you with there good offensive players but play no defense, while Perry is a team that dont impress you with defense and a controlled style, but they both win.
Aslan Wrote:Well in order for the refs to call over the back somebody has to box out. Which Knott didnt do all night.
i agree with you there knott made it easy for him. there was few attempts at boxing out i know knott has some boys that can jump but so dose hazard and perry you gotta box out.
Well I don't know of many players in this region that can box out Allen Fugate.lol
My next trip to EKY will be FEB. 6th when KCC hosts Breathitt. From what I saw against Hazard, there will be very little defense played by either team and it will be an entertaining game to watch. I think KCC win win in a shootout, but it will be fun.
Nice win for Knott, but the Dawgs are a team to contend with !!!
Congrats KCC.

Is the Miller kid that moved in still playing for Hazard? I can't remember his first name.

Should be an exciting regional tournament, can't wait.
king360 Wrote:Well I don't know of many players in this region that can box out Allen Fugate.lol

Who?
Sloppy game both ways, poor officiating both ways, imo the only thing we really learned is that Hazard isn't the team that lost to Breathitt and KCC still has some work to establish themselves with PCC right now imo. Style of play favors PCC over KCC in consistency, so I need to see more from KCC before I put them in PCC's league, jmo.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:My next trip to EKY will be FEB. 6th when KCC hosts Breathitt. From what I saw against Hazard, there will be very little defense played by either team and it will be an entertaining game to watch. I think KCC win win in a shootout, but it will be fun.

Breathitt will have to play better defense then they did against LCC. KCC will wear them out if they don't.
Great win for KCC. They didn't stop fighting and they brought back their real game. Officiating had nothing to do with the game. It sucked for both teams in the second half. Some calls were probably the worst calls I have ever seen in my life. Somehow we need to get the KHSAA to evaluate our refs from now on so that we aren't put in a situation like the crap they called last night. It was absolutely pitiful for KCC and Hazard. I do feel however, that the Back kid's fouls were legit.
I've seen one decent officiated game thus far this year.
I'll give Knott this, last year they would have lost a game like this being down double digits to a good team. But they overcome adversity and pulled it out :thumpsup:
Hazard's free throw shooting a problem that must be corrected. 8-23 at Knott Co. and 11-34 at Breathitt Co. Now I would have taken Back out after his 4th foul but there was one minute to go in the third quarter and maybe Coach Holland was going to get him out or take him out at end of the quarter and figured he knew better than pick up his 5th foul but the sub that came in game came in for somebody else.
.Still Hazard was ahead double digits and is one of the teams to contend with in the region.By tournament time they should be a lot better.
Pages: 1 2 3