Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BluegrassRivals.com Boys Basketball Top 20 (Nov. 30)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1. Holmes
2. Scott Co.
3. George Rogers Clark
4. Eastern
5. Jeffersontown
6. Christian Co.
7. Warren Central
8. Bowling Green
9. Shelby Valley
10. Ballard
11. Highlands
12. Lexington Catholic
13. Trinity (Lou.)
14. Tates Creek
15. North Hardin
16. Iroquois
17. West Jessamine
18. Henry Clay
19. Knott Co. Central
20. Pleasure Ridge Park

Others Receiving Votes: Male, Seneca, Perry Co. Central
Now before the blasting starts, lets remind ourselves that these are the first rankings and our rankings will become much more accurate as the season goes along.

Wink
I just missed getting my rank list posted in time this week. I will hopefully get it in earlier next time.
Can't argue with 1 or 2. Solid teams. I believe that Holmes might run the table, I am 99% sure that they wont lose any more than 3-4 games.
after pcc beats ur #3 team, they aren't in it? I hope that changes next time.
wood_chuck Wrote:after pcc beats ur #3 team, they aren't in it? I hope that changes next time.

It was a scrimmage.
thats a pretty good list.
My opinion is that Eastern should be 3...won the Derek Smith shootout this summer, return all starters but Chris Dowe. I know GRC has Stenzel and Zollo but, just simply disagree with the ranking given the talent Eastern has across the board.

I can't debate the top 2 because their talent is off the charts.

J'Town is too high..Thomas Jackson and Soph. Desmond Dorsey can't back up a Top 5 ranking.

Ballard is about right

Trinity may be a little high, I think everyone is putting too much stock in Josh Sewell. He is very good but his supporting cast is not what other top teams have.

But like BCA said...it is VERY early and there is little basis for rankings right now. The holiday tournaments should show a lot, by the end of the month the picture will be a lot clearer.
EasternAlum Wrote:My opinion is that Eastern should be 3...won the Derek Smith shootout this summer, return all starters but Chris Dowe. I know GRC has Stenzel and Zollo but, just simply disagree with the ranking given the talent Eastern has across the board.

I can't debate the top 2 because their talent is off the charts.

J'Town is too high..Thomas Jackson and Soph. Desmond Dorsey can't back up a Top 5 ranking.

Ballard is about right

Trinity may be a little high, I think everyone is putting too much stock in Josh Sewell. He is very good but his supporting cast is not what other top teams have.

But like BCA said...it is VERY early and there is little basis for rankings right now. The holiday tournaments should show a lot, by the end of the month the picture will be a lot clearer.

Good post.
wood_chuck Wrote:after pcc beats ur #3 team, they aren't in it? I hope that changes next time.

It was a scrimmage and it was stated that Stenzel didn't even play.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:It was a scrimmage and it was stated that Stenzel didn't even play.

Stenzel did play, but only had two points. I agree with the argument you've made though, it was only a scrimmage game. We all know what scrimmages are worth.
Shelby Valley is getting a lot more love this year than last year in BGR'S pre-season poll. Last year we were not even listed, so if we move up as much as last year the sky is the limit! Seriously, we are 4th and, or 5th in most polls I have seen. I do agree, however, it will take about 10 games into the season to really know what your team can do.
how is Knott County ahead of Perry Central? I'm not saying tht Knott County isn't good. Theyre a real good team but Perry was 3-1 against them last year and they didnt lose nebody except Daron Amis and Klay Maggard.
Knott over Perry? Cmon. Knott def won't live up to there hype.
Tates Creek looked great against N. Oldham. we'll see how Shelby Valley fairs again Dunbar. My opinion these 2 should be up on the list a little.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:how is Knott County ahead of Perry Central? I'm not saying tht Knott County isn't good. Theyre a real good team but Perry was 3-1 against them last year and they didnt lose nebody except Daron Amis and Klay Maggard.

All Knott lost was Buttermilk and Jarrod Amburgey. but gained Nason Roberts, Blake Smith, and Blake King.
yeeahh Wrote:All Knott lost was Buttermilk and Jarrod Amburgey. but gained Nason Roberts, Blake Smith, and Blake King.

That still don't put them on Perry's level...
Aslan Wrote:That still don't put them on Perry's level...

What are you talking about?

Looks to me like Perry is not on Knott's level there sonny.
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:What are you talking about?

you gotta be kidding lol.
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:What are you talking about?

:lmao:
Well why is it that you naive Perry Central fans are the only one's that believe that? Shouldn't that tell you something?

I haven't seen a poll yet where Perry Central is even ranked in the top 25 and Knott Central wasn't. And I sure haven't seen any polls where Perry is ahead of Knott. Rankings may not matter and Perry may beat Knott 10 times this year, but where do you get all of this gobbly goop from about Knott not being on Perry's level. You people say that all that they lost was Maggard and Amis. That's all they lost???? Those two were the heart and soul of that team, especially Maggard. Knott didn't lose anyone but their big man and their excuse for a coach. They have the two best players in the region on their team (other than Whitaker of Hazard) and you're telling me Knott is not on Perry's level??

Get over yourself kids. Good grief, just go out there and beat Knott like you did last year and then you can get on here and talk your never-ending boasts about Knott only wishes they were good as Perry.
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:Well why is it that you naive Perry Central fans are the only one's that believe that? Shouldn't that tell you something?

I haven't seen a poll yet where Perry Central is even ranked in the top 25 and Knott Central wasn't. And I sure haven't seen any polls where Perry is ahead of Knott. Rankings may not matter and Perry may beat Knott 10 times this year, but where do you get all of this gobbly goop from about Knott not being on Perry's level. You people say that all that they lost was Maggard and Amis. That's all they lost???? Those two were the heart and soul of that team, especially Maggard. Knott didn't lose anyone but their big man and their excuse for a coach. They have the two best players in the region on their team (other than Whitaker of Hazard) and you're telling me Knott is not on Perry's level??

Get over yourself kids. Good grief, just go out there and beat Knott like you did last year and then you can get on here and talk your never-ending boasts about Knott only wishes they were good as Perry.

:Clap:
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:Well why is it that you naive Perry Central fans are the only one's that believe that? Shouldn't that tell you something?

Actually only one person said Knott isn't on Perrys level so before you start saying Perry Central fanS make sure you know what you're talking about. As for them being on each others level, I think they are neck and neck ratings don't mean anything only time will tell about these 2 teams and I don't think Perry will beat them as many times as last year I think they will split the regular season games. But only time will tell.
Like I reiterated to at the beginning of this thread, no one should get worked up over these early season rankings. They literally mean nothing.

BTW, our new top 20 poll will be released tomorrow evening.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Like I reiterated to at the beginning of this thread, no one should get worked up over these early season rankings. They literally mean nothing.

BTW, our new top 20 poll will be released tomorrow evening.

Wish everyone would listen to you..lol
Is there going to be a EKY rankings aswell? Like there was in football?
I think SV should be ranked higher than what they are IMO..But this is early season rankings..They actually mean nothing right..Alot of ball left and the rankings are going to go up and down just like a yo-yo.
Real Badman Wrote:Is there going to be a EKY rankings aswell? Like there was in football?

We didn't do our EKY rankings in football this past season and we will not do them for basketball either. Its just unfair to the folks from other parts of the state that would like for their schools area to have a ranking from our staff members as well.

This site is growing more and more west everyday, so we decided to keep it state-wide rankings only.
i know pcc beat grc in a scrimmage, but its not like grc didnt play to win. they played a total of 8 players if i can remember and tried everything they could to win. and im tired of people saying stenzel didnt play or he hurt his ankle and sat out the whole game. he caught a knee coming off a screen and started yelling about it being a charlie horse. he came back in a minute after he went out. i know this scrimmage doesnt count on anyones record, but i still think its a good showing of how good pcc can be. or it might just be that grc is overrated lol
i
wood_chuck Wrote:i know pcc beat grc in a scrimmage, but its not like grc didnt play to win. they played a total of 8 players if i can remember and tried everything they could to win. and im tired of people saying stenzel didnt play or he hurt his ankle and sat out the whole game. he caught a knee coming off a screen and started yelling about it being a charlie horse. he came back in a minute after he went out. i know this scrimmage doesnt count on anyones record, but i still think its a good showing of how good pcc can be. or it might just be that grc is overrated lol
i

Now no one ever said that GRC didn't come to play, but not everyone knows the facts. Perry Central was mentioned in the rankings and may even be in tomorrow's rankings, we will see. But let the team talk for themselves, because we are ranking them because of them and not because of what others think.

Best of luck to the Commodores this season!
Pages: 1 2