Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin @ Prestonsburg 11/20: Broadcast ESPN 104.5/960 www.ekbsports.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Predictions/Thoughts?
I'm hoping my blackcats can pull this one out. I'm going to wait before I make my pick though. Corbin had a tough time putting SV away, but so did P-burg. This should be a dandy. Can Corbin stop P-burg's passing game? Can P-burg stop Corbin's rushing attack? Can Corbin outscore Prestonsburg? A lot of questions going into this game.
I agree BCF4L, many questions:

- Can the Blackcats slow down Caleb Watkins?
- Can the Redhound secondary create problems for Michael Burchett?
- How will the Corbin size mingle with the Prestonsburg speed?
- Can Coach ReRossett win the "big game" again?

It's going to be a good one at Josh Francis Field.
As long as the play calling remains the same as it has been all year (minus the Valley game) , Prestonsburg wins this by 2 TD's I think.
This will be without a doubt a great game if Corbin can slow down Burchett & company, as they are playing their best football right now. Corbin brings in a very tough rushing attack with Watkins & Fritts. They do have other backs capable of putting up nice numbers and they also sneak in the pass often. So its going to take one heck of a defensive effort from Prestonsburg to keep the Hounds from running wild. I'm sure the coaches will have the Blackcats running a lot of tackling drills as they've struggled bringing down big backs all season. I do believe Prestonsburg can slow down the ground game enough to win by two touchdowns.

I also welcome in all the fans from around the area to come on and root on the Blackcats!

Go Blackcats!
Listening to the Valley game tonight I think that P-Burg wins this one by 3 tds. Corbin only pulled away in the forth and that was based on a few Valley mistakes. (Fumble, and onside kick.) Not all that impressed with Corbin but that is my opinion.

Go Cats:rockon:
This game will be a battle P-burg by 3.
I really believe P'burg can win this game and keep things rolling, but everything has to go through Burchett (like it has all season long). If so, the Blackcats will win in a squeaker.
Prestonsburg by alot IMO no just joking score will be
Blackcats-42
Redhounds-28
I will definately be in attendance for this one.

I'm gonna go with the Blackcats.
Prestonburg by 10
Roadrunner_24 Wrote:Listening to the Valley game tonight I think that P-Burg wins this one by 3 tds. Corbin only pulled away in the forth and that was based on a few Valley mistakes. (Fumble, and onside kick.) Not all that impressed with Corbin but that is my opinion.

Go Cats:rockon:

kEEP TALKING-OUR KIDS LOVE THAT-
So do ours !!!!
I think Pburg is gonna win in a low scale blowout. 42-21. Burchett will have another amazing night.
i think this will be a really good game.
i am going to go with pburg in a close victory
I'm not sure either defense can stop what the other does on offense. Don't know who'll win, but it should be a high scoring game. I'll be there with bells on !!
Im gonna take Prestonsburg by 2+ TD's
ARE you ready ( P-burg ? ARE you ready ( Corbin ) ? In the words of Big John McCarthy ....... LET"S GET IT ON !!!!!!!!!!!! P-burg in a close one.......
This should be a great game !!

I think Corbin will win this game by 10 in a fairly high scoring game.

I just think our defense will slow down the cat's passing game more than the cat's can slow down our ground attack. Corbin has a lot of weapons in their ground attack plus we can pass the ball pretty well at any time.

It's really going to come down to whether or not we can contain the cat's passing game enough to win.

I think we will and move on the the semi finals !! :rockon:

I hope this is an injury free game on both sides.

GO REDHOUNDS !!! :wenumber1
Houndfan71 Wrote:This should be a great game !!

I think Corbin will win this game by 10 in a fairly high scoring game.

I just think our defense will slow down the cat's passing game more than the cat's can slow down our ground attack. Corbin has a lot of weapons in their ground attack plus we can pass the ball pretty well at any time.

It's really going to come down to whether or not we can contain the cat's passing game enough to win.

I think we will and move on the the semi finals !! :rockon:

I hope this is an injury free game on both sides.

GO REDHOUNDS !!! :wenumber1

I think just the opposite.

Welcome to the site though, and I'm glad some Redhound fans are finally joining in on the discussion.
p burg wins by 2 tds
I'll say
Pburg -38
Corbin- 26

Pburg at home, wins!
should be a great game, congrats to both on making it this far, have a safe and good round of football next friday!!
Keep it rolling Prestonsburg. I'm pulling for you over here in Scottsville!
P'burg pay attention where # 81 lines up on the offensive line.
joethegreek Wrote:P'burg pay attention where # 81 lines up on the offensive line.

Does he still lineup at end on defense?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Does he still lineup at end on defense?

Yes, he plays TE and DE.
IMO for Corbin to win this game they will need to pressure the QB. If Corbin changes up some blitzing schemes and gives the O-line trouble up front, then this should be a close game. However, if they decide just to drop everyone back in coverage every play, Prestonsburg is good enough to beat them. I'm looking forward to a high scoring, up-tempo game. Good luck to both sides.
I think Pburg will pull it out this year at home. I think this will be a game to remember for a long time though and come down to the wire. IMO neither teams defense will be able to stop the others offense. The winner of this one will be the team that gets the one big break or makes one big play to be the difference maker.

Pburg-35
Corbin-28
Corbin has got a tough way to go.....I'M glad I hope P-burg .....lets just say P-burg by 3 td's
Go Blackcats!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3