Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Channing Fugate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Channing should have a successful career at Tennessee, i think he will have the chance to shine and excel. Now in highschool, is the target of the entire defense, because i played highschool football. When ever we watched game film of the other team thats the first thing coach would point out was the star player. My coach would always say to make the team run there offense through someone else. So i think that Channing will do great because he won't be the main focus of the opposing team once he gets to college. As long as he stays focused and stays in the weight room this summer he'll be good to go.
Good Luck to Channing!!! I love to see players from our area do well !!!
fballfan2009 Wrote:. What I am saying is that his size, 6'3" 235, and his speed, 4.6, compare favorably with these current college stars.

Kid does not run a 4.6. Such rookies as Knowshawn Moreno and Hakeem Nicks ran a 4.62 and 4.63 at the combine. You going to tell me that Fugate has those types of wheels? 40 times are the most over-exaggerated statistic in sports. If he were that fast, they would be recruiting him as an RB and there would be no speculation on where he would play. But that isn't the case.
fballfan2009 Wrote:http://walterfootball.com/draft2010OLB.php
http://walterfootball.com/draft2010ILB.php

Here are a couple links showing the top NFL prospects at linebacker in the 2010 draft. Now before anyone says differently I am not saying Fugate will be an NFL player or that he is gonna be on these guys level. What I am saying is that his size, 6'3" 235, and his speed, 4.6, compare favorably with these current college stars. The fact is that he has the size and athletic ability to play several different positions in college. Right now Tennessee is saying fullback and we have no reason to doubt them. Don't let the numbers he has put up this season fool you. When he had a decent line last year he put up the third highest rushing total in state history. This kid is a legitimate SEC talent. By the way here is the fullback list of prospects for the 2010 draft.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010FB.php

235? Are they weighing him in full pads. Hes not that heavy. He looks lighter this year than he did last year. I would say hes far from a legit 4.6 as well. If he is that fast than he isn't running it on the feild.
Matman Wrote:235? Are they weighing him in full pads. Hes not that heavy. He looks lighter this year than he did last year. I would say hes far from a legit 4.6 as well. If he is that fast than he isn't running it on the feild.

If you have actually been to a game you would see that he is the biggest person on the team outside of 2 of the o-lineman. And 235 is a little lighter than last year when he played some of the season at 240. If you doubt his speed you should watch his highlights from last year and look at all the long touchdown runs he had. Its not been the same this season cause he is having to make someone miss in the backfield every play when he gets the ball. Most of the time more than 1. Its not like 4.6 is blindingly fast. If oldtymer ever even watched Moreno play at Georgia then he would have seen that he couldn't run away from anyone in the SEC. Not to say he wasnt a great player, he was, he just beat you in other ways.
fballfan2009 Wrote:If you have actually been to a game you would see that he is the biggest person on the team outside of 2 of the o-lineman. And 235 is a little lighter than last year when he played some of the season at 240. If you doubt his speed you should watch his highlights from last year and look at all the long touchdown runs he had. Its not been the same this season cause he is having to make someone miss in the backfield every play when he gets the ball. Most of the time more than 1. Its not like 4.6 is blindingly fast. If oldtymer ever even watched Moreno play at Georgia then he would have seen that he couldn't run away from anyone in the SEC. Not to say he wasnt a great player, he was, he just beat you in other ways.

That post tells alot about yourself. I have been to a game. I've watched Breathitt play twice this season. Twice last season. Hes not 235lbs. And yes 4.6 40 time is fast.
KyGurl Wrote:Good Luck to Channing!!! I love to see players from our area do well !!!

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
I am sure is is a solid 225 or 230. His looks like to me to be closer to 6'1" or maybe 6'2". I stood right beside him at the end of a game and he was just a little taller than me. I am a shade over 6'. I will say he is 230 LB 6'2". His speed has to be close to the 4.6 - 4.7
fballfan2009 Wrote:If you have actually been to a game you would see that he is the biggest person on the team outside of 2 of the o-lineman. And 235 is a little lighter than last year when he played some of the season at 240. If you doubt his speed you should watch his highlights from last year and look at all the long touchdown runs he had. Its not been the same this season cause he is having to make someone miss in the backfield every play when he gets the ball. Most of the time more than 1. Its not like 4.6 is blindingly fast. If oldtymer ever even watched Moreno play at Georgia then he would have seen that he couldn't run away from anyone in the SEC. Not to say he wasnt a great player, he was, he just beat you in other ways.
channing played at 225 last year. he is now 235 id say maybe closer to 240. i go to school and talk to him everyday so i should know this. im not real clear on the 40 time but im pretty sure he told me it was around the 4.64 range. but either way channing showed his real self last night against estill on a few plays.
bobcatlunatik Wrote:channing played at 225 last year. he is now 235 id say maybe closer to 240. i go to school and talk to him everyday so i should know this. im not real clear on the 40 time but im pretty sure he told me it was around the 4.64 range. but either way channing showed his real self last night against estill on a few plays.

You should know this because....? I've stood beside the kid. I'm 6'1 225 and i'm alot bigger than him. Hes a little taller but alot thinner.
Muscle weighs more than fat...He is a lean body....230 sounds about right for him...I would say thats what he weighed in at, at the begining of the season....He is probably at 220-225 now...During the offseason Coach Holcomb said he had reached 240 at one point. He is a big boy...strong and fast....should have a successful college career down at UT
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:He is ok but he will quickly learn to play with a team and he will win ball games which is what he should have been doing to start with but im really not a big UT fan and I cant stand lane kiffen so i feel sorry for him Kiffen is a loud mouth coach that dosent know when to shut up
Could not agree more about UT Coach. How they could replace a legend with a youthling, unproven, rookie is beyond me. Makes me question if the the AD there is really qualified. As for Channing - his success there will depend on how hard he works. The downside he will face is that the competition in KY HS football is not near as steep as players who play at FL, GA, and VA who will come into those positions with a more complete set of skills. Consider what 2A Alcoa did to pereniel powerhouse 4A Bell this year. My son used to attend Alcoa years ago - small town, small HS but big football talent. If Fugate can learn from those around him and works hard in the weight room and on his speed, he will do fine at the absolute top level. I believe he will.
another one coach brooks let slip out the back door..
logmountainboy64 Wrote:another one coach brooks let slip out the back door..
Amen. Talent like that should be playing in state. UK will never be SEC competitive until they can recruit better.
ahh kinda used to it now..
raiderwave Wrote:Muscle weighs more than fat...He is a lean body....230 sounds about right for him...I would say thats what he weighed in at, at the begining of the season....He is probably at 220-225 now...During the offseason Coach Holcomb said he had reached 240 at one point. He is a big boy...strong and fast....should have a successful college career down at UT

I could see 220 since hes a little taller. But i do know muscle weighs more than fat. Like i said i'm 225 and bigger than Fugate. And i'm quite a bit stronger than Fugate.lol. As i should be i'm older. But i could see him being 220.
I'll say this; Channing Fugate is the third best thing to ever to come out of Bloody Breathitt County; after my wife and then OH Napier.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:I'll say this; Channing Fugate is the third best thing to ever to come out of Bloody Breathitt County; after my wife and then OH Napier.

Don't use OH and Channing in the same sentence.OH is a joke.This is a sports board.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:Don't use OH and Channing in the same sentence.OH is a joke.This is a sports board.

Or what?
Football1 Wrote:Could not agree more about UT Coach. How they could replace a legend with a youthling, unproven, rookie is beyond me. Makes me question if the the AD there is really qualified. As for Channing - his success there will depend on how hard he works. The downside he will face is that the competition in KY HS football is not near as steep as players who play at FL, GA, and VA who will come into those positions with a more complete set of skills. Consider what 2A Alcoa did to pereniel powerhouse 4A Bell this year. My son used to attend Alcoa years ago - small town, small HS but big football talent. If Fugate can learn from those around him and works hard in the weight room and on his speed, he will do fine at the absolute top level. I believe he will.

How can you compare Alcoa to Bell County, Alcoa is on a totally different level. For one, argueably the best player on the University of Kentucky football team came from Alcoa(Randall Cobb) and two they have won like 5 state championships in a row. They're ranked 3rd in the state of Tennessee and 45th nationally. So there's no way you can compare Alcoa to Bell County. Now if Alcoa beat Highlands i could understand that.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:I'll say this; Channing Fugate is the third best thing to ever to come out of Bloody Breathitt County; after my wife and then OH Napier.

:lmao:
Matman Wrote:I could see 220 since hes a little taller. But i do know muscle weighs more than fat. Like i said i'm 225 and bigger than Fugate. And i'm quite a bit stronger than Fugate.lol. As i should be i'm older. But i could see him being 220.

channing fugate ways about 235 and i know this for a fact now if you want to tell me are scale is wrong than ok but the scale puts him in the range of 235.and i doubt your quite a bit stronger to.
According to the University of Tennessee, Channing is 6'2'', 225lbs and runs a 4.7 40.
fballfan2009 Wrote:Its not like 4.6 is blindingly fast. If oldtymer ever even watched Moreno play at Georgia then he would have seen that he couldn't run away from anyone in the SEC. Not to say he wasnt a great player, he was, he just beat you in other ways.

Thats not the point I was trying to make. I was saying that if he ran a 4.6 he would be playing RUNNING BACK at UT and not fullback. :Thumbs:
OldTymer Wrote:Thats not the point I was trying to make. I was saying that if he ran a 4.6 he would be playing RUNNING BACK at UT and not fullback. :Thumbs:

Very True.
4.6 40 at his size? he would have offers from every big school in the nation including USC FLORDIA TEXAS and schools like that.
I just dont see that! i have seen him play 3 times and never seen him show that kind of speed.
Matman Wrote:I could see 220 since hes a little taller. But i do know muscle weighs more than fat. Like i said i'm 225 and bigger than Fugate. And i'm quite a bit stronger than Fugate.lol. As i should be i'm older. But i could see him being 220.

Well if you are 225 then you are not as big as Fugate. I see Fugate very often and he is 6'2 235. Fugate is also very strong and I doubt very seriously you are even close to Fugate in strength. This post has nothing to do with your size or strength and quiet honestly no one cares. Fugate will do fine at Tennessee and he will have an impact with the overall success of Tennessee in the future. Good Luck Channing, you deserve it.
He looked great against Estill last friday night. He broke some big runs and made some plays on D.
I am sick of hearing about Alcoa this Alcoa that. I watched Bell County hand Alcoa's *** to them during the first half when they played the first game of the season. Bell FUMBLED a lot and made some dumb mistakes. The GREAT ALCOA did not DOMINATE Bell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If Bell had not made all those silly turnovers they could of beat AMERICAS TEAM. Alcoa is not that much better than Bell. Yes they are better but not leaps and bounds like some of you fools go on about.
warmachine Wrote:I am sick of hearing about Alcoa this Alcoa that. I watched Bell County hand Alcoa's *** to them during the first half when they played the first game of the season. Bell FUMBLED a lot and made some dumb mistakes. The GREAT ALCOA did not DOMINATE Bell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If Bell had not made all those silly turnovers they could of beat AMERICAS TEAM. Alcoa is not that much better than Bell. Yes they are better but not leaps and bounds like some of you fools go on about.

"IF"
theCalipariEra Wrote:channing fugate ways about 235 and i know this for a fact now if you want to tell me are scale is wrong than ok but the scale puts him in the range of 235.and i doubt your quite a bit stronger to.

I'm saying no way. And yes i'm quite a bit stronger than him. I have benched 475lbs in compition. Deadlifted 600 in compititon and squatted 585. But this thread isn't about me. Besides i powerlift and i'm alot older than him so again i should be stronger.
Pages: 1 2 3