Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands Ranked 15th Nationally!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
#3 Grayson is my adopted team here in Georgia, it is where my GF teaches. I was at their game Friday. Grayson is a public school in Gwinnett County, and the scary part is that there are 4 or 5 other public schools in Gwinnett who can beat them on any given night. North Gwinnett (#58 nationally), Peachtree Ridge (#79), Collins Hill, Parkview, Brookwood (who they play this week), and South Gwinnett would all be a heavy favorite to be the Kentucky 6A Champion and they are all in the same county.

Grayson has 4 or 5 Senior D-1 signees and their best player is a 5'3 RB named Ean Pemberton who is unbelievable to watch. Pemberton is not very fast but he has some of the quickest moves I have seen and can squeeze through the tiniest holes. It will be interesting to see if a big time school takes a chance on him, he has dominated against the stiffest competition in Georgia over his career and reminds me alot of Brandon James at Florida.
Highlands is ranked 9th in USA TODAY.:Cheerlead
Congrats to the Bluebirds!
Max preps has them at #4
Awesome Program with Awesome players playing awesome Football.
What would you say the toughest team they will play before the rest of the season?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:#3 Grayson is my adopted team here in Georgia, it is where my GF teaches. I was at their game Friday. Grayson is a public school in Gwinnett County, and the scary part is that there are 4 or 5 other public schools in Gwinnett who can beat them on any given night. North Gwinnett (#58 nationally), Peachtree Ridge (#79), Collins Hill, Parkview, Brookwood (who they play this week), and South Gwinnett would all be a heavy favorite to be the Kentucky 6A Champion and they are all in the same county.

Grayson has 4 or 5 Senior D-1 signees and their best player is a 5'3 RB named Ean Pemberton who is unbelievable to watch. Pemberton is not very fast but he has some of the quickest moves I have seen and can squeeze through the tiniest holes. It will be interesting to see if a big time school takes a chance on him, he has dominated against the stiffest competition in Georgia over his career and reminds me alot of Brandon James at Florida.

Football in the south is something to see. Boys are just grown differently down there lol.
Great job!
That's awesome, but it doesn't matter. It's a new team now. Go Birds!
Congrats to Highlands!!
Congrats Bluebirds! Keep up the good work!
That is great but Highlands has better times coming because should easily be ranked in the top 10 by the end of the season as long as they don't loose to anybody.
It is amazing how good these guys keep getting I saw them play against central last year and the amount of class they showed was awesome
congrats bluebirds too bad they dont get to play bell would be one heck of a match up
deserved
way to go!!!
Congrats.
Congrats to the Birds! Towles has really showed poise and confidence.

Good Luck on the rest of the season.
Thats awesome! love to see KY represented! go ahead and give them the trophy. thats the only sucky part.
Congrats to the bluebirds
Hats off to the Bluebirds.
Awesome! Congrats!
13th on si.com. I think they use maxpreps.
launchpad4 Wrote:13th on si.com. I think they use maxpreps.

They moved up to #9 in the USA Today Super 25. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/foo...uper25.htm
tradition Wrote:Highlands is ranked 9th in USA TODAY.:Cheerlead

CardinalAlum Wrote:Max preps has them at #4

I like these rankings better :Cheerlead
cougarpride08 Wrote:What would you say the toughest team they will play before the rest of the season?

If you are asking who the toughest game will be before the playoffs, that will be Ryle.
without question double stack. Still, playing at home, the Birds have too much firepower and Towles will have settled into the offense by then. Highlands by 3TD's.
This spells trouble for the Eagles and Tomcats.
I don't guess anyone else will win 5A championship.. haha.
Pages: 1 2