Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Coach of the Year Candidates?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
plese dont tell me the season is only half over just curios about whos getting the most from what they have.
I'll say Phillip Haywood.
I would also venture to say Lawerance Co.'s coach.
As well as Coach Hall down at Allen Central.
central fan Wrote:I'll say Phillip Haywood.
I would also venture to say Lawerance Co.'s coach.
As well as Coach Hall down at Allen Central.

you seem to know your football what about morgan county,s old coach randy wood. whats your thoughts.
Ive honestly gotta say that Coach Haywood never ceases to amaze me. Not many people expected what has come from this Belfry team, even though I guess by now, we should have.
Dale Mueller of Highlands and Leon Hart of Ashland would have to be among the leading candidates if the season ended today.
Highlands Dale Mueller or Luke Salmons of Lawrence County.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Highlands Dale Mueller or Luke Salmons of Lawrence County.
i believe so as well
Salmons of Lawrence County definately! A great coach that has given a program that has a great history a complete 180 from the past few seasons.
I think that considering what Prestonsburg lost last year (16 seniors) , that you could make an argument for John Derossett.
Coach Salmons at Lawrence County, Coach Hall at Allen Central and Coach Derossett. LC has made a major turn around from last season and are sitting at 6-0. AC is 5-1 and having what should be the best season in school history with a lot of other potential first for this program. Pburg is at 7-0 and competing in 2A with a roster of I think 28 kids.
Colonel Kill Wrote:Coach Salmons at Lawrence County, Coach Hall at Allen Central and Coach Derossett. LC has made a major turn around from last season and are sitting at 6-0. AC is 5-1 and having what should be the best season in school history with a lot of other potential first for this program. Pburg is at 7-0 and competing in 2A with a roster of I think 28 kids.

28 kids **** tough to even practice that way. that is good coaching
Colonel Kill Wrote:Coach Salmons at Lawrence County, Coach Hall at Allen Central and Coach Derossett. LC has made a major turn around from last season and are sitting at 6-0. AC is 5-1 and having what should be the best season in school history with a lot of other potential first for this program. Pburg is at 7-0 and competing in 2A with a roster of I think 28 kids.

Congrats to the pburg team for that. Not to mention the team has no one with any size. Small team, small players with great speed.
Why not Perry Central's Coach, Bert Browne??????
idk after the upset highlands pulled that made the whole state of ky swell with pride i gotta give it to there coach
I would have to say Phillip Haywood has done his best job
of coaching this year. To take what he started with and be
where they are right now is a very good job. But they are
sum very good coaches out there right now doing a good job.
But Coach Haywood gets my vote.
Mueller, HANDS DOWN!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Highlands Dale Mueller or Luke Salmons of Lawrence County.

How can you not argure with these 2 coaches. The Highlands win over St X. Ohio was big for Kentucky high school football. Than the St. X win over Elder the following week makes it even bigger.
I nominate Bert Browne. He is DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Luke Salmons of Lawrence County.

John DeRossett of Prestonsburg.

Highlands was expected to be that good. Not to take away from the coaching though, he is the real deal.

Prestonsburg wasn't supposed to do this good on paper and we all know the struggles of Lawrence County the past couple of years.
warmachine Wrote:I nominate Bert Browne. He is DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is Bert Browne?
Leon Hart, Luke Salmons.

No matter what the expectations are you have to come out and win the games, that is why I want to also nominate: Coach Mueller from Highlands (gave KY a VERY big win over a VERY good Out-Of-State football team) and Dudley Hilton. This might be the best Bell County TEAM that I have ever seen! That has to have some creedence.
OutsideLogic Wrote:Luke Salmons of Lawrence County.

John DeRossett of Prestonsburg.

Highlands was expected to be that good. Not to take away from the coaching though, he is the real deal.

Prestonsburg wasn't supposed to do this good on paper and we all know the struggles of Lawrence County the past couple of years.

Highlands is that good because of the coaching. Take the coach away and see what a difference it would be!
Luke Salmons
Mike Jones of Estill. After losing all but 1 starter on offense and 2 starters on defense, and the team having a rough start, looks like coach Jones has things turned around.
Belfry_99 Wrote:Who is Bert Browne?

I was wondering the same
Bert Browne should be considered. He is leading Perry Central to one of the best seasons its ever had, and maybe one of the best this county has ever seen, and hes doing so with a relatively young team.
JMEWLS Wrote:Bert Browne should be considered. He is leading Perry Central to one of the best seasons its ever had, and maybe one of the best this county has ever seen, and hes doing so with a relatively young team.
When talking about "best" what do you mean. How give some info. Resume on why
JMEWLS Wrote:Bert Browne should be considered. He is leading Perry Central to one of the best seasons its ever had, and maybe one of the best this county has ever seen, and hes doing so with a relatively young team.

Ehh. I dunno about that.
Coach Mike Copley of Greenup County, since April he has been constantly on the run, he got us a new state of the art weight room, all new equipment for the players, all new equipment for the practice field, he has held his own camp and took our players to camp, and we have hosted a camp, just ask Coach B. from Ballard, our JFL runs his offense and defense, and combining the two middle schools, a no brainer, has settled the problem of which end of the county you are from. He also has tutoring set up for the players to improve their grades, they also get graded each week for their play on the football field, he is going to build a winning program here at GC. He also put's his player's first, or should I say his boy's first, great job Coach, we love the job you and your staff are doing it may not be his first year, but watch out on down the road.:thanks:
Coach Haywood....consistency year after year. Haywood always proves himself and has very disciplined players who play with heart that is often times larger than they are. Year after year Haywoods teams always do well. Hands down one of the best high school coaches of all time.
Pages: 1 2