Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt County 7 Hazard 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This was a great game. I was updating until my phone died. Breathitt looked like they were fired up the whole game. Ben Allex came up huge in the first half with 3 sacks. Haddix also pretty much carried the team on O. Great great win for the bobcats. Now they can get the ball rolling and go into the playoffs on a tear.
Maybe the bobcats can get back on track now
I missed this prediction. Good to see Breathitt get their second win though. The monkey is off their back now so they should have their confidence back. They beat a good Hazard team.

Congrats Bobcats!
Congrats to Breathitt on the W, and good luck to the Dawgs the rest of the season!!
Lets face reality.....Breathitt's season has fallen appart ever since they went down the tubes in the fourth quarter the second game of the season. Folks have been quick to point the finger at the defensive coaching staff.....in other words the departure of John Paul Chapman, as the reason for the poor play. Breathitt held Hazard to three points tonight....but only managed to score seven themselves. Haddix threw two picks in the first half. With no Fugate the Bobcats can't seem to generate any offense, and the poor play of the offense has had just as much to do with the big scores that have been run up on Breathitt this year as the defense has. Too man three and outs and too many times the D has its back to the wall as soon as it takes the field. Bottom line the Bobcat's offensive formula is just TOO vanilla, and they don't seem to have enough playmakers beyond Fugate to get the job done. If the offense remains this stale and predictable it will be a short playoff run for Breathitt...
BelfryPride Wrote:Geez, what's wrong in Jackson? They struggled with 1A Hazard??? I knew Breathitt would stop the bleeding, but to only score 7...is puzzling.

Who was also State Runner-up to Beechwood last year.Plus Channing didn't play.
congrats to the bobcats
Bluecat Wrote:Much needed win for Breathitt. Looks as if both teams forgot to bring the offense. Defensive battle.

Hazard had an excellent kicker.
More Cowbell Wrote:Where in the world did you see bac2369 telling anyone what their opinions should be, or not showing respect? All he did was disagree with blackcat's statement that Breathitt was the best team P-Burg has played. Just because you personally may disagree with the second member's opinion, doesn't mean that he was showing any kind of disrespect by posting that opinion on here.

No one should think that different opinions are not welcome on here. On the contrary, disagreeing with another member is fine, and often leads to good discussions. Next time, let us mods decide what does and doesn't look good for this site.

And your opinion is no better than the Bulls just because you are a "mod".That's the pot calling the kettle black.Disagreeing often leads to good discussion.At least that's what you said............I'm just agreeing with you.:argue:
blackcat Wrote:I respectfully disagree. I wasn't able to watch the Belfry game, but Prestonsburg was up by 21 at one point. As for the Sheldon Clark game, the Cards were lucky to score.

When Prestonsburg travelled to Jackson, Breathitt had the game in control, but the Blackcats stormed back in the 4th. That's why I'm so puzzled as to why everything has fallen apart for Breathitt.

Prestonsburg did dominate Belfry early, but they were never up by 21 points. It was 21-7 at the half and 28-14 in the fourth.
I didn't see this one being that close or low. The defensive show up for both teams tonight. That is the kind of games i like.

Good win Breathitt.
For Hazard, they need to open there eyes, Harlan can beat you this year. Don't over look them.
bac2369 Wrote:Who said i was controlling someone elses thoughts or opinions. I gave my opinion on what and who i thought was better competition. Also do not get me wrong Breathitt is a good team i just dont think they are as good as Belfry and Sheldon Clark right now but if they can get the wheels moving and turning and being a team then they will move but its going to be hard to play better than Belfry right now.

But you see, Prestonsburg didn't play Breathitt Co. "right now". Comparing the Belfry and Breathitt games with P-burg at the times they were played, I'll agree the Bobcats were better.

Prestonsburg had its way with the Pirates till halftime, then played too conservatively while Belfry played much better after the break. OTOH, Breathitt Co. almost ran P-burg out of the Honey Bowl in the 1st half and it took a lot of things going right for the Blackcats in the 2nd half to come back and win it.

:popcorn:
Congrats BC!
id like to say great job to breathitts D!this was a good win for breathitt i think it gets them out of this slump and gives them a little confidence.channing fugate did not play this game and that made many other players step up and play.i think the D had two picks brandon pelfrey and cory shouse.breathitts D looked the best its probably looked all year without that performance they lost the game.the three freshman that start(richard trent,cory shouse,and brayton fugate) the three of them had a great game they all three probably combined for 16 or 17 tackles maybe more im not shure on the stats just going by what i seen.i think richard trent recovered a fumble after it was knocked loose from hazards Rb at the line i think the hit was from cory shouse the freshman but not shure.i was hoping to get to see trent play qb but jade did a good job at qb last nite.trent did run a couple of plays from the qb spot last nite tho.

GO Bobcats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Way to step it up D.
Congrats Breathitt
More Cowbell Wrote:Where in the world did you see bac2369 telling anyone what their opinions should be, or not showing respect? All he did was disagree with blackcat's statement that Breathitt was the best team P-Burg has played. Just because you personally may disagree with the second member's opinion, doesn't mean that he was showing any kind of disrespect by posting that opinion on here.

No one should think that different opinions are not welcome on here. On the contrary, disagreeing with another member is fine, and often leads to good discussions. Next time, let us mods decide what does and doesn't look good for this site.
Very well said!:thanks:
theCalipariEra Wrote:id like to say great job to breathitts D!this was a good win for breathitt i think it gets them out of this slump and gives them a little confidence.channing fugate did not play this game and that made many other players step up and play.i think the D had two picks brandon pelfrey and cory shouse.breathitts D looked the best its probably looked all year without that performance they lost the game.the three freshman that start(richard trent,cory shouse,and brayton fugate) the three of them had a great game they all three probably combined for 16 or 17 tackles maybe more im not shure on the stats just going by what i seen.i think richard trent recovered a fumble after it was knocked loose from hazards Rb at the line i think the hit was from cory shouse the freshman but not shure.i was hoping to get to see trent play qb but jade did a good job at qb last nite.trent did run a couple of plays from the qb spot last nite tho.

GO Bobcats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Way to step it up D.

Freshman DB Ryan Cox also was on the field most of the game. A welcome, but unlikely, win for the Bobcats. Not only was Fugate out, but they are also missing Prichard (torn ACL), Ritchie (quit the team), Epperson (foot/ankle injury) 2nd half. All play both sides of the ball. That's a lot of talent and experience to replace. Indeed, the young ones stepped up this game and got valuable experience. Haddix mostly just took the snaps and ran with it. With Epperson out, no reliable WR in the game. Defense should get credit for this win.
Hazard had many chances just could not pull it out!! A called back touchdown and 2 missed field goals !! Nice win for Breathitt, but remember Hazard is a Class A team !!
Congrats Bobcats
oneijoe Wrote:But you see, Prestonsburg didn't play Breathitt Co. "right now". Comparing the Belfry and Breathitt games with P-burg at the times they were played, I'll agree the Bobcats were better.

Prestonsburg had its way with the Pirates till halftime, then played too conservatively while Belfry played much better after the break. OTOH, Breathitt Co. almost ran P-burg out of the Honey Bowl in the 1st half and it took a lot of things going right for the Blackcats in the 2nd half to come back and win it.

:popcorn:

Well said... if you were going by "right now" it is a completely different story as Belfry is playing as good as anyone in EKY right now not named Bell County, Breathitt OTOH has digressed since that game. But, when the actual games were played Breathitt certainly looked to be the stronger out.
Breathitt Co.
Hazard 0 0 3 0 3

Breathitt County 0 7 0 0 7

Scoring summary:
BC-- Josh Fletcher 11 pass from Jade Haddix (Billy Davis kick); H-- Austin Delpont 43 field goal

Kentucky.com
IMO richard trent can not play QB. **** of a job by jade haddix tonight,without fugate every one was watching jade and he did excellent. he had a couple of bad throws but what QB doesnt. great game by the bobcat defense huge step up game by several freshman and ben allex had a huge game. this is exactly what the bobcats needed wasnt pretty but it's a win. i think breathitt has a bye coming up and this gives channing more time to recover.
Richard can't play QB??? He is a Freshman. How many freshman do you know of that has come through Breathitt get to start? The closest one that I can remember is Kyle Moore. Who took the team to state back in 96 as a sophmore. Richard Trent is a heck of a ball player and for him to start last week says a lot about his playing ability at that position. If this freshman class sticks together, Breathitt will be Dangerous when they are Juniors and Seniors.(not saying breathitt isn't dangerous now.)
Wow..
Impressive win for the bobcats. Jade stepped up and showed why he is one of the top 50 players in the state. With a bye week coming up, The big horse and the rest of the bobcats will get healthy and the team will be ready to make another push at a state championship. Go Bobcats!!!!!
According to their schedule, the bye week is Oct. 30th.
bobcatlunatik Wrote:IMO richard trent can not play QB. **** of a job by jade haddix tonight,without fugate every one was watching jade and he did excellent. he had a couple of bad throws but what QB doesnt. great game by the bobcat defense huge step up game by several freshman and ben allex had a huge game. this is exactly what the bobcats needed wasnt pretty but it's a win. i think breathitt has a bye coming up and this gives channing more time to recover.

You are very wrong on 2 things(at least) that you said in this post.#1 Trent is a good QB and should be playing QB every snap.Jade should be a receiver with Channing running the ball.#2 The Bobcats do NOT have a bye week coming.Our bye week is at the end of the regular season.Oct 30.
bobcatlunatik Wrote:IMO richard trent can not play QB. **** of a job by jade haddix tonight,without fugate every one was watching jade and he did excellent. he had a couple of bad throws but what QB doesnt. great game by the bobcat defense huge step up game by several freshman and ben allex had a huge game. this is exactly what the bobcats needed wasnt pretty but it's a win. i think breathitt has a bye coming up and this gives channing more time to recover.

I don't agree @ all with the way that was put ...its people like you that make people not wanna post on sites like that you are putting down a 14 or 15 yr old kid. State your case for the guy you like without putting down the other guy, c'mon.
KyGurl Wrote:Hazard had many chances just could not pull it out!! A called back touchdown and 2 missed field goals !! Nice win for Breathitt, but remember Hazard is a Class A team !!

:eyeroll:
only when Hazard gets defeated are they a single A team, but when they win, they talk the big game beating someone who is a bigger school. Don't make excuses, blame game, that is HHS way.
Pages: 1 2 3